Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The problem with certain costumes is also the penciler. The style of penciler A is fit for the costume of character B, but horrible for character C. But the style of Penciler B is perfect for character C and hideous for character B.
    Perfect Example: New 52 Flash. Manapul makes it look amazing, while Jim Lee makes it look awful.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    I figured someone would post this by now. Worse than his bowl haircut and leather jacket with the giant G look, Guy Gardner Warrior. Attachment 23244

I feel like the dialogue should be changed to say something like: "Hulk Hoooooogan. Do you understand the destructive destroyerness that is the way and path of destrucicity?! Hulk Hoooogan. The time of the Waaaarior is coming." Or something like that.
    Get Foked!!!
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Just about all of the outfits Supergirl tried on in the early '70s were suggestions sent in by readers. It was a pretty cool idea--I never understood why a hero has to wear the same exact costume every single day, can't they change it up for the sake of variety? But those reader suggestions show that us hoi poloi are no better at designing costumes than the actual paid artists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    The second costume does not look bad to me. The fourth costume's Kirbyesque but grows on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Here's some old shool shockers:

Kite Man

Knodar

Crazy Quilt

That's like a Mort of the Month Hall of Shame.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Huh? The first costume was simply Barry's costume, but a bit smaller to fit Wallly. The second costume--the yellow and red one--is one of my favourite super-hero costumes of all time.

Just about all of the outfits Supergirl tried on in the early '70s were suggestions sent in by readers. It was a pretty cool idea--I never understood why a hero has to wear the same exact costume every single day, can't they change it up for the sake of variety? But those reader suggestions show that us hoi poloi are no better at designing costumes than the actual paid artists.
    1. Barry's costume looks fine. Just on Wally it looked weird. I wouldn't say it was the worst but it made Kid Flash look like a mutant alien to me.
    2. I know they were sent in but damn people those look horrible lol. Like really you think DC would be like "No..." but unique concept though.

The Calculator's original look:

Dr Spectro

Rainbow Raider

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    It has SPIKES! And also pouches.
    And nipples! Decorated with nipple rings.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This one is obvious, but still hasn't been loaded yet to the library of shame
    Last edited by BrotherMeh; 06-12-2015 at 04:05 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMySuperman View Post
    I like both of those. Liked the long hair and black resurrection suit back then. The combat boots, jeans and S shield shirt version works better for me sans the cape though.
    Bronze Age baby.

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    The Calculator's original look:

Dr Spectro

Bring back Doctor Spectro as a Green Lantern villain.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    I like both of those. Liked the long hair and black resurrection suit back then. The combat boots, jeans and S shield shirt version works better for me sans the cape though.
    I love the shirt, jeans and boots look! I wonder if the same people who hate it also hated it when superbly had a similar look?

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMeh View Post
    I love the shirt, jeans and boots look! I wonder if the same people who hate it also hated it when superbly had a similar look?
    I think that's the reason I like it so much. Kon-el sold me on the look originally.
    Bronze Age baby.

Punchedugly.com

All-New Member

Cassie's original Wondergirl costume (from Byrne's Wonder Woman, then refined in Young Justice) was terrible (with the wig)... I guess that was part of the point, seeing how she designed it herself, but still horrible. They really, really changed her look around (actually all the characters in YJ were pretty radically changed when they dropped that book to put them in Teen Titans).

Also I was never a fan of the mullet + glasses early Superboy, although at least he stood out.

When they turned Firestorm into an elemental, I thought that was pretty lame. I remember thinking as a kid how they changed both him and WildStar into this generic flame guy look.
    Last edited by fujishig; 06-12-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
    Cassie's original Wondergirl costume (from Byrne's Wonder Woman, then refined in Young Justice) was terrible (with the wig)... I guess that was part of the point, seeing how she designed it herself, but still horrible. They really, really changed her look around (actually all the characters in YJ were pretty radically changed when they dropped that book to put them in Teen Titans).

Also I was never a fan of the mullet + glasses early Superboy, although at least he stood out.

When they turned Firestorm into an elemental, I thought that was pretty lame. I remember thinking as a kid how they changed both him and WildStar into this generic flame guy look.
    I never liked Cassie's late Pre-52 costume with the top and jeans but that is not even close to the worst costume ever.