Thread: Chrononauts #4

Default Chrononauts #4

I'm interested to see how this ends, but does anyone know why it's 6 dollars? Is it because, like he said in the MPH solicit, "There's dolla dolla bills to be had yall"?

It's double sized.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I just read issue 4, and I was kind of let down, but I think I just expected a lot from this story. I'll save judgement for when I sit down and read all 4 in one sitting. Sean Murphy's art is stellar as usual.

Amazing Member

Yea this story went way campy. Loved the first issue. The rest has been a let down but still an entertaining popcorn type read. A bit similar to the new Jpark film maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    I just read issue 4, and I was kind of let down, but I think I just expected a lot from this story. I'll save judgement for when I sit down and read all 4 in one sitting. Sean Murphy's art is stellar as usual.
    I kind of get how you feel.

I loved first two issues and then reading the third one I thought 'man, it's way to fast action move to quick and stuff'. I decided not to buy it anymore. It was until I realised it's 4 issues mini. I understood the reason behind the fast paste script and bought issue 4.

I can now say that I really enjoyed the comic as a whole, but in a huge way it's because of its art.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I didn't mind the story. Just a goofy buddy comedy. It was well worth it to see all the crazy **** Murphy drew for it. Overall I enjoyed the series enough on that alone.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Art was fantastic. First time reading a book with Murphy's art, and I don't think it'll be the last.

Glad to read in the back of the book that there's going to be another two series of the book; I would have been sad if these were the only issues we had with these two lug heads.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Really enjoyed this mini. It had no depth to speak of and the time travel was nonsensical even by time travel story standards but it was still really fun, with likeably goofy characters, cool time travel shenanigans (once you ignore any sort of logic). good gags and terrific art.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Couldn't justify blowing 6 bucks on the last issue, even if it was double-sized. I'll buy the TPB.

I think I'm going to start doing that with all Millar's books. They're fun reads but the art is what brings me back. He always works with the best artists in the bizz.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Art was fantastic. First time reading a book with Murphy's art, and I don't think it'll be the last.
    Check out Punk Rock Jesus. There's a deluxe hardcover out and it's a pretty sweet package.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    Check out Punk Rock Jesus. There's a deluxe hardcover out and it's a pretty sweet package.
    Thanks, I will!
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

spoilers:
    Corbin gets everything he ever wanted.
    Danny gets punched in the balls.
    end of spoilers
    Perfect ending. It'll get big laughs in the movie.