Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Ghost Racers, #1

On the outskirts of Doomstadt, the capital of Battleworld, sits the Killiseum, where five creepy combatants compete in Felipe Smith and Juan Gedeon's "Ghost Racers" #1.

Full article here.

All-New Member

They really missed the opportunity for this to be the Marvel Ghost Rider version of Wacky Races.

Quote Originally Posted by ASR View Post
    They really missed the opportunity for this to be the Marvel Ghost Rider version of Wacky Races.
    What would be a good demon-themed parody for Dick Dastardly and Muttley?
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    What would be a good demon-themed parody for Dick Dastardly and Muttley?
    Haunted G-Man & Knuckles O'Shaughnessy?

Suped up, as in super.

Not 'souped.'

Zombie-cowboy-centaur with gatling guns strapped to his sides. What more does anyone need to be told, really? If that doesn't get them interested, nothing will.

I really enjoyed this. The race was crazy and fun, and the story is really intriguing. I'm glad to see Gabe is around. The relationship between Robbie and Gabe is so sweet.

this book was so much fun. i was happy that Robbie got so much face time.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I found this book a bit weak, I expected more of what I saw.

The concept is awesome. The art was awesome. The races were awesome. The story was weak.

Was hoping for more 616 Ghost Riders, particularly in Johnny and Danny's case.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

*sigh* It's like no one can write a good Ghost Rider story anymore.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Sad to see the couple of dissatisfied folks, but eh, can't please everyone.

I was hoping to see Gabe, too, and I'm glad to see that I wasn't disappointed on that front. Their relationship really is the best thing since sliced bread, and I'm also happy to see that Robbie has more at stake to winning these races than just his own hide. Too bad about the others, though, most of whom don't seem too pleased at their loss and subsequent fate ('cept Carter Slade, who's being pretty zen, all things considered).

I wonder if Robbie's relationship with Eli is different in Battle World? He seemed reluctant to part with Eli when the race ended.

On another note, I'm also happy to see Robbie racing. That was a neat little aspect from his series that wasn't used too much since it didn't always fit the circumstances, so I'm glad to see it utilized here in a setting that directly supports it.

Despite Robbie being the viewpoint character, I'm sure we see more of the others in due time, along with the other underlining mechanics of what's going on, particularly since Arcade's regime won't last.

Speaking of whom, Arcade is still a jerk who's too big for his britches, as usual.

Anyway, great to see Robbie again. I missed him since his series ended earlier this year. He, along with Gabe, are probably my favorite among the new crop of young heroes created in recent times. I'm definitely looking forward to next issue!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My LCS got shorted this issue. Hoping for some good panel time w/Alejandra. She really got short changed by fans of the Ghost Rider concept I've felt.
    Guessing it'll show up in my box next week.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    *sigh* It's like no one can write a good Ghost Rider story anymore.
    But lo' and behold Myriverse is here to remedy for that! The wise man and wielder of bona to fide canon of Ghost rider is here to enlighten us mere mortals with his poignat and calibrated words of fire and brimstone.

Non sum dignius

was thinking of picking up for GR2099 but decided i didnt want to part the money for it. Marvel is missing out by charging 3.99 for new books that havent been proven yet.
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

BANNED

The concept is interesting. Basically boils down to spoilers:
    Arcade putting in the fix so that when Robbie, the favorite to win, goes and loses the big race, anyone who bet against him will win big.
    end of spoilers

So it's pretty standard, but with flaming machines of death and destruction. Cool.