Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    If I can, I'll whip something up when I get home.

And if that were so, you'd use an image from Slingers.
    Hey, you can't argue that the picture of Ricochet I use as my profile pic is totally badass.

-Pav, who has nothing against CrissCross of course...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Some person on Brevoort's tumblr complained about the "sloppy art" of Weirdworld. Hard to believe a person with such abysmal taste exists (I'd like to think it's just deliberate trolling and not an actual, for real opinion) as this is one gorgeous looking book, period. Loved #1, can't wait for #2 and "Apelantis."
    People have different tastes. I know people who can't stand Sienkiewicz' and Bisley's art, and they seem to be Del Mundo's primary inspirations on this series. Those people are horribly wrong in their opinions, but it's okay that they have horrible taste. There's plenty of comics that cater to their tastes. I'd rather see something like this.

The page where Arkon is going to walk off the cliff is the coolest use of paneling I've ever seen. Really looking forward to this comic.

Because y'all love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Because y'all love it.
    Love it. It's perfect.

This was crazy. Madness really. It reminded me of floating islands like in Asgard. The magic involved here is going so haywire, it can't decide what law to abide by. I don't know how Morgana Le Fey can remain sane in a place with no rules, unless she likes it like this, but look at this place. There is no reference point. This is like Doctor Strange in the Domain of the Dread Dormammu crazy stuff. (I saw sharks in Fear Itself. One of Culs Generals was a shark, who ate one of the heroes and she had to cut her way out. There were sharks the Academy Kids had to deal with in a pirate story. There are sharks in the Arcadia story in Secret Wars).

It is chaos. I can't see where Arkon is heading from this. Unless Arkon escapes and follows the Magma Men to Polymachus, I don't see him moving ahead. Certainly, both Arkon and Morgana have fun with Ogres, as though all they were ever meant for is comedy relief to be gutted and stuck through, or boiled with their family. I thought it was very harsh on Ogres.

Apes? Are we getting Planet of the Apes here and now? That's a twist. What next, Star Trek wholly mammoths with horns?

It's certainly a wild ride, but the confusing shift from various obtuse locations sends me, like Arkon, a little faint. Limbo is more reasonable than this place.

Weirdworld is a fantasy world created by Doug Moench and Mike Ploog, which was clearly the child of that Tolkienmania which then shook the United States. A universe that has not lived long but now knows a return to form under the aegis of a creative team for less exciting. Jason Aaron is clearly one of the fittest writers in the House of the ideas now, and it clearly showed through Thor that he had a talent for writing barbarians. Mike Del Mundo is also an artist who goes by proving that it is not only good at the covers for his Elektra was beautiful (if not served by a convincing scenario). An All-Stars team so that plays with a vacant lot a long time.

Besides, it's not just the universe that is a reuse of a comics of the 70s, since the main character is none other than Akron, Conan-like psychedelic who shared adventures (Roy Thomas had benefited greatly from the Summer of Love) with the Avengers. One of those sidekick who picks occasionally by the authors in the impressive catalog of Marvel characters. This barbarian is immersed in the Weirdworld, completely unaware of the collision of worlds and just wants to go home. The perfect excuse to Aaron we serve a trip to a country where his unbridled imagination totally fashions absolutely outlandish landscapes. Imagine a floating island where you will find followers heavy artillery ogres, giant squid sharks that inhabit a river or pink dragons are caught by bait shaped giant puffer fish, and you will understand that the creator of Scalped decided to have some fun.
    Thus taking its foot, Jason Aaron gratifies Mike Del Mundo a perfect toy for it to have fun on each board. If it is much wiser than usual in cutting term is much less for boards in the manner of JH Williams III, the artist has lost none of his knowledge of the layout. Combined with an extremely colorful and disparate universe, it is completely loose by creating each time new universe. You have to imagine ogres with mid-mid-modern medieval armor? No problem! A phantasmagorical world that would not have denied Salvador Dali? He did the same with pleasure! Atlantean monkeys? There, Mike Del Mundo downright jubilant. Released super heroic constraints, the Canadian designer has the opportunity to show his talent and particularity of his line, regaling us in the retina at the same time.

Where we could be very afraid, is to have a technically incomparable comic, but ultimately rather pointless in his remarks. Except Aaron arrives to give substance to his characters, in a few pages Akron lives before our eyes. It is thus desperate to one day find his homeland of Polemachus, even ready to jump into the void for that, exhausted by a journey that seems to have no end. Until he finds a reason to fight in good barbarian he is. This is not just a character-pretext and if these pages do not yet allow us to attach ourselves to him, he saw in this story. Besides Aaron has not forgotten to please Marvel fans leaving, casually, a cliffhanger that will rejoice the fans of the world of House of Ideas.
    "my feminism will be intersectional, or will it be bullshit." Kelly Sue Deconnick
    "All this magic stuff needs new terminology because it's not what people are being told it is at all." Grant Morrison