Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 20th Century Fox Would Rather You Forgot About Its Previous "Fantastic Four" Films

The studio has pulled director Tim Story's two FF films from video services ahead of Josh Trank's reboot.

Full article here.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

I really hope this film does well, y'all. I know people haven't liked the trailers and what not but I really, truly love the property. I am really putting all my faith into Fox on this one to get this one right. Please show us a great, great movie.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    I know people haven't liked the trailers
    true a lot dont like the trailers but its allso true a lot of people love the trailers.

Ultimate Member

Haven't been excited for this movie at all.

I'm still holding out hope that it's good (or at least better than what has come before as Fox is yet to produce a well regarded FF movie).

Boisterously Confused

Should this thread's title actually read: "20th Century Fox Would Rather Forget About Its Previous 'Fantastic Four' Films"?

What a coincidence, since so many people want to forget about the upcoming flop.

Mighty Member

Id rather Marvel Studios gets rights back as they fit the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Mhenry86 View Post
    What a coincidence, since so many people want to forget about the upcoming flop.
    how do you know its going to flop? its going to put a smile on my face IF/when the movie turns out to be successful and the naysayers have to stop just like with XDOFP its ok not to like a movie but to bash it be for you see it just cuz its not in the MCU? i just dont get it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    how do you know its going to flop? its going to put a smile on my face IF/when the movie turns out to be successful and the naysayers have to stop just like with XDOFP its ok not to like a movie but to bash it be for you see it just cuz its not in the MCU? i just dont get it.
    The internet gives people future powers, POWERS, but they must use them only for hatred.

Jeeze, the first 2 films aren't the best but I honestly enjoyed them, from the trailers I've seen this new one is looking like a pretty great movie...but as a fantastic four movie its looking really disconnected like its trying way too hard to be different.
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice-Guy View Post
    Jeeze, the first 2 films aren't the best but I honestly enjoyed them, from the trailers I've seen this new one is looking like a pretty great movie...but as a fantastic four movie its looking really disconnected like its trying way too hard to be different.
    The first two movies were fun super-hero movies. Were they perfect? No, but they got the energy and the silliness of the super-hero genre down, and had a strong sense of family.

I honestly thought the biggest downfall of the first two Fox made FF movies was the villains. Dr Doom wasn't handled very well and Galactus was turned into the least menacing thing it could have been.

Hands down the best parts of those movies were the character scenes. Members of the FF playing off of each other. I thought those bits really worked. It was just the "threat" they faced in each film that fell completely flat.

I'm tired of arguing about how good or not good the upcoming film is going to be. I'm at the point of just wanting to see it come out and watch what happens. I hope this thread doesn't cascade into the mess that most other FF threads do.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Fox turned Galactus into a cloud. I will never forget that.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    The internet gives people future powers, POWERS, but they must use them only for hatred.
    Yes the HATE will make u strong that rights driven Fan4 reboot it still looks crappy.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 06-09-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Amazing Member

Chiklis and Evans chemistry as Grimm/Thing and Johnny/Torch was on another level. It'll take a miracle to match that. Doom was ehhhh, no comment on Galactus...and no one in the movie really did anything.