Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    how do you know its going to flop? its going to put a smile on my face IF/when the movie turns out to be successful and the naysayers have to stop just like with XDOFP its ok not to like a movie but to bash it be for you see it just cuz its not in the MCU? i just dont get it.
    They don't know it's going to be bad, just as you don't know it's going to be good. Everybody makes guesses from available information, but nobody knows. Personally, doesn't look like my cup of tea, but it's OK to express opinion, of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Fox turned Galactus into a cloud. I will never forget that.
    i think Warren Ellis started the idea lol
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    They don't know it's going to be bad, just as you don't know it's going to be good. Everybody makes guesses from available information, but nobody knows. Personally, doesn't look like my cup of tea, but it's OK to express opinion, of any kind.
    never did i say i know its going to be good im fine with opinion i was never against opinions what i am against is judging a book by its cover or saying a movie is going to flop/sucks just cuz its not in the MCU they have been ganging up on the FF movie befor the trailer was even out and that kind of opinion is not ok.
    Last edited by choptop; 06-09-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Spectacular Member

Actually while it wasn't that well, conveyed, I'm pretty sure Galactus was supposed to be inside the cloud, not the cloud itself. There's one brief bit where you see the shadow of Galactus' helmet.

Fantastic Member

fox would like us forget the previous ff films? why ? so they can get away with the same stupid missteps they made? HOW WILL HUMANITY EVOLVE???

lets face it, the only way we could ever forget the fox ff films is that if Marvel handles a new one. much like hulk

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i think Warren Ellis started the idea lol
    Yeah Marvel craps on Ellis' work on Thunderbolts but keeps his Galac-cumulus idea...

Well I can't blame Fox for making us try to forget those FF movies. They were pretty awful but did give us a decent Silver Surfer and probably got Chris Evans the Captain America role.

I can't say I blame Fox for doing this, but I also think it's a bit telling. It's a very subtle way of Fox admitting that it messed up and would prefer that those who see this movie see it without the cartoony camp of the previous movie. I don't really think that's possible. I think this movie has so much working against it. For one, it has none of the critical success that previous X-men movies have had. Second, the recent spat between Fox and Marvel/Disney might prevent fans from giving this a fair chance. Third, the Fantastic Four's profile has declined so much over the past decade that it just doesn't have the weight it once did. There's so much it has to overcome and I think Fox has an uphill battle if they think this is going to be a success on the same level as X-men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Personally, the most concerning aspect of this story is Fox stealing those films from people who paid for digital copies. Fox decided to stop supporting the film and essentially deleted it from the cloud of those who paid for it. This is why I don't like digital services. You pay about the same as a physical copy but have no rights to the film in anyway and it can be arbitrarily deleted from your account at the whim of a studio or the provider of the service. Sure you could download the film and keep it on HDD but then you are having to keep storage (which can fail) for all digital purchases which kind of defeats the purpose of a digital copy (takes up no space and is accessible anywhere via cloud services).

Rise of the SS was JUST on TV.
    What's the point?

BTW, Rise was ok. Better than the first. Still kinda stupid but it was ok.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Until Fox gets Doctor Doom, the greatest Marvel villain, right, they can forget about all FF films. I won't hope good things for any FF film that continues to perpetuate such terrible Dooms.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

But isn't that unfair for the people who did love/enjoy the first FF films?
    Last edited by Christian; 06-10-2015 at 05:53 AM.

Ultimate Member

That plus Dr Doom riding Silver Surfer's board and looking pretty silly will never be forgotten.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That plus Dr Doom riding Silver Surfer's board and looking pretty silly will never be forgotten.
    Yeah, I remember when he did that in the comics. So silly!

Yeah, the older two were cheesy but I still enjoyed them. The Galactus cloud thing was about all I really disliked from what I remember.