Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yeah, the older two were cheesy but I still enjoyed them. The Galactus cloud thing was about all I really disliked from what I remember.
    The cloud Galactus thing was something I felt they could have done better...the scene of a giant dude in Purple armor building a death machine in the middle of Manhattan would have been awesome to see.
    But, it's possible they had budget constraints and did the best they could with what they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Yeah, I remember when he did that in the comics. So silly!
    What the hell was that oaf Jack Kirby thinking when he drew that?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

They aren't my favorite films, and they certainly will clash with the tone of the new film, but I don't want to see any film thrown in the memory hole. Leave it out there so people that like it can enjoy it.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    fox would like us forget the previous ff films? why ? so they can get away with the same stupid missteps they made? HOW WILL HUMANITY EVOLVE???

lets face it, the only way we could ever forget the fox ff films is that if Marvel handles a new one. much like hulk
    And yet everyone still forgets about The Incredible Hulk.

Anyway, I think the difference between the two is the 00s version was very much a family film; this is approaching it as a more teen/adult film in the same vain as the X-Men films.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Personally, the most concerning aspect of this story is Fox stealing those films from people who paid for digital copies. Fox decided to stop supporting the film and essentially deleted it from the cloud of those who paid for it. This is why I don't like digital services. You pay about the same as a physical copy but have no rights to the film in anyway and it can be arbitrarily deleted from your account at the whim of a studio or the provider of the service. Sure you could download the film and keep it on HDD but then you are having to keep storage (which can fail) for all digital purchases which kind of defeats the purpose of a digital copy (takes up no space and is accessible anywhere via cloud services).
    If you downloaded them from iTunes wouldn't they still be in your account?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    But isn't that unfair for the people who did love/enjoy the first FF films?
    Yes, but films get removed from Netflix/Amazon Instant Video etc. all the time. I don't doubt that this will return at some point, give it a couple of months. The only issue with this is people wanting to rewatch the FF films in advance of this new one - they'd have to buy the DVD/Blu-Ray or go for less legal means.

The whole Disney Tron thing did annoy me at the time.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I still say they messed up letting the cast and crew talk about the process. They should have kept quiet, released teasers, and trailers an left it at that.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Resurrecting this because Galactus has been on my mind lately, and what version would be palatable?

Building-sized guy isn't going to be that impressive, especially with exposed skin, to a broad audience. The cloud is a let down.

Ben Dunn repurposed Galactus as a tentacled-eyeball larger than the moon, so that as he approached the sky above was entirely filled with this staring eye. Warren Ellis did him as a swarm of hive-mind thingies. Others take care to never put giant humanoid Galactus near Earth stuff, keeping him surrounded by scifi machines and architecture to downplay the awkward feelings some audience may have when he's juxtaposed to an everyday street.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I just found out that the Thing is going to be completely naked in FF. After taking a closer look at the movie poster, it's pretty clear. Just when you thought this movie couldn't get worse, it does.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I just found out that the Thing is going to be completely naked in FF. After taking a closer look at the movie poster, it's pretty clear. Just when you thought this movie couldn't get worse, it does.
    what its ok for dr manhattan to be completely naked but not the thing?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Then there'd be less reason to complain about something we haven't seen.

At least, presumably, we'll have less comedy strip-downs from the Invisible Woman this time round.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 06-22-2015 at 01:18 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Well, given that there's really no reason to complain about a movie you haven't seen, I'm not sure such a thing is possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    But isn't that unfair for the people who did love/enjoy the first FF films?
    Nope. If people enjoyed the movies, that means they've already seen them, and since they came out 8 and 10 years ago, they've had plenty of opportunity to see them again. Products of all kinds go out of production after a some period of time. Consumer's are never guaranteed eternal access to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Nope. If people enjoyed the movies, that means they've already seen them, and since they came out 8 and 10 years ago, they've had plenty of opportunity to see them again. Products of all kinds go out of production after a some period of time. Consumer's are never guaranteed eternal access to anything.
    Unless you bought and paid for it. My understanding is that people who had purchased digital copies had those copies vanish from their libraries.

I know that when I pay for something I expect to have access to it at my leisure.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I didn't like how Dr. Manhatten was naked either. Their was no reason for him to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post

At least, presumably, we'll have less comedy strip-downs from the Invisible Woman this time round.
    I don't see why people can't complain before the movie. Like Josh Trank's doing with the FF, M. Night Shaymalan made a bunch of changes to "The Last Airbender" and it was terrible. We all should have seen that one coming If it turns out bad we get to say we were right. If it's good then we can all slap ourselves in the face for thinking other wise.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Who cares?