Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Don't bother with the tie ins. They are almost all universally poor, created for the sole purpose of bumping numbers and tricking people into buying them.

Having said that, some of the Zero year tie-ins were nice, if you like specific characters and want to see what they were doing during Zero Year.

Snyder is not quitting. IIRC, he was contracted for 50 issues. There is no way DC would allow Snyder to leave the book unless he himself was ready to do so (after all, Batman is the single best selling ongoing title in comics right now (seriously, the book has barely ever drooped below 100k units a month in almost 4 years, a feat no other book can even come close to claiming or matching)). Unless Snyder is done, he will stick around for years to come.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

It's always interesting to me - always top of my read pile and always the book that I enjoy the most the week it comes out. It is what it is - big, bombastic and takes itself way too seriously. Some people compare it to a Michael Bay movie, but it has more coherance than that. To me, it really is about the best fan fiction you will ever read. With that said, there have been certain issues that I think will go down as some of the best ever done with the character. After Dark Mirror I expected a lot more depth, but now I just enjoy it for being the biggest story on the biggest character every month. However, I do miss Bruce Wayne and the "detective" Batman because those two sides of the character have gone completely missing
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 06-12-2015 at 06:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    It's always interesting to me - always top of my read pile and always the book that I enjoy the most the week it comes out. It is what it is - big, bombastic and takes itself way too seriously. Some people compare it to a Michael Bay movie, but it has more coherance than that. To me, it really is about the best fan fiction you will ever read. With that said, there have been certain issues that I think will go down as some of the best ever done with the character. After Dark Mirror I expected a lot more depth, but now I just enjoy it for being the biggest story on the biggest character every month. However, I do miss Bruce Wayne and the "detective" Batman because those two sides of the character have gone completely missing
    the detective side defiantly
    this bats is pretty stupid and prone to error

Incredible Member

Snyder has sais several times, that as long as he has interesting tales to tell that he cares about, and readers still like those stories, he will stay as long as readers want hm.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    the detective side defiantly
    this bats is pretty stupid and prone to error
    I think it gives him a human side where emotion can cloud your judgement.

BANNED

he's always had a human side when well written
    its his competent side id like to see