Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And now...
    Micronauts and ROM have been picked up by IDW.

Thank you, Star Wars, Saga and Guardians of the Galaxy for reviving the sci-fi genre!
    I feel like I'm dreaming all of this.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And now...

Thank you, Star Wars, Saga and Guardians of the Galaxy for reviving the sci-fi genre!
    Can they use the Dire Wraiths though?

I think Guardians , deserves the bulk of the thanks. Because they're the ones who got kids wearing shirts that have a Raccoon shooting lazers. Saga , not so much . Because I'll never ever read it.
    Last edited by AstroWolfboy; 07-10-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And now...

I'm hoping to get a collection of the Golden issues of Micronauts at least. Maybe even an Artist's Edition.

I got really interested in ROM since Linkara's Atop the fourth wall videos. The editor's own ROM hardcovers look beautiful and hopefully we gonna see a similar collection (also, it's IDW and they usually publish really well built hc-s).

Spectacular Member

Are the Nexus Archives orversized? I assume the tpb Omnis are similar to the other Dark Horse Omnis; minisized.

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    Are the Nexus Archives orversized? I assume the tpb Omnis are similar to the other Dark Horse Omnis; minisized.
    The archives are regular hardcover size.
    BB

I would love to see IDW somehow get the okay to reprint the Micronauts and Rom Marvel series.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    Can they use the Dire Wraiths though?

I think Guardians , deserves the bulk of the thanks. Because they're the ones who got kids wearing shirts that have a Raccoon shooting lazers. Saga , not so much . Because I'll never ever read it.
    They would probably have to rename them and any other element specifically created for the Marvel series. Although they could be used by special arrangement with Marvel. Disney has a good working relationship with IDW already.

The Micronauts stuff may be a little dicier depending on the license specifics. There's been other publishers for Micronauts material.

I wonder if Rom will get the new Car design treatment. Because Rom was built like a 1985 Chevy Caprice. I can see a more rounder redesign. Not sure If Id be up or down for that. He may end up looking like a jacked Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    I wonder if Rom will get the new Car design treatment. Because Rom was built like a 1985 Chevy Caprice. I can see a more rounder redesign. Not sure If Id be up or down for that. He may end up looking like a jacked Silver Surfer.
    He can look like the female spaceknight from annihilators. As far as I remember it was a good take on the classic Rom armor.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    They would probably have to rename them and any other element specifically created for the Marvel series. Although they could be used by special arrangement with Marvel. Disney has a good working relationship with IDW already.

The Micronauts stuff may be a little dicier depending on the license specifics. There's been other publishers for Micronauts material.

True. Reprinting the Micronauts could be a chore.
    Marvel owns all the Micronauts characters that didn't share a name with one of the toys.

This means that Hasbro (or AGE, or whoever actually owns the Micronauts) owns Acroyear, Baron Karza, Biotron and Microtron, while Marvel owns pretty much everyone else.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I loved Micronauts and Rom. Since Marvel's Star Wars got reprinted by Dark Horse, I would think it would be within the realm of possibility for the other two titles to reprinted by a third party. Of course, SW has a much larger fan base...

(And I know SW didn't cross over to the MU, either...still...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I loved Micronauts and Rom. Since Marvel's Star Wars got reprinted by Dark Horse, I would think it would be within the realm of possibility for the other two titles to reprinted by a third party. Of course, SW has a much larger fan base...

(And I know SW didn't cross over to the MU, either...still...)
    It depends on the terms of the original license contract. With Star Wars, Lucasfilm owned everything. That's why Dark Horse not only got to reprint it, they got to reprint the comic strips. Now, with Disney owning Lucasfilm and Marvel, Marvel has gotten to reprint the comics, with the original Marvel banners.

In some cases, they own anything they created, but not the characters from the original work. Master of Kung Fu can't be reprinted without getting a new license from the Sax Rohmer estate, to allow Fu Mancho, Fah Loh Suee, Nayland Smith and Dr. Petrie. Marvel has used Shang Chi, Black Jack tarr, Clive Reston, and Leiko Wu in other works, and sort of used Fu, without naming him as such. Kind of surprised they didn't just retcon The Yellow Claw as his father.

Atari Force was an internal license, originally, as Atari was owned by Warner, as was DC. Similar arrangement for Babylon 5, though the production company worked it out, not Warner (since they didn't seem to care about the tv series and licenses).

Dynamo Joe would be a nice one to have collected.

I'd also like to see a collected reprint of Joe Haldeman and Marvano's graphic novel version of The Forever War.