Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=JBatmanFan05;1264119]Yup, heading towards not doing a bloody thing with pre-FP. Just as I suspected when they had nothing ready and said they will look at Convergence's performance.

They've fooled some fans with Convergence and he's having a good laugh about it. Cha-ching.

Yeah, I've pretty much jumped off. All the physical copies of digital first series I was getting except Batman 66 are now completely over, so as of now, for the first time since starting comics I have ZERO comics a month from DC from the end of Convergence. All it did for me was make it worse, since taking the literal interpretation of Convergence, post-crisis to flashpoint never happened/exists in no form anymore, other than a universe in the new "infinite multiverse" that is somehow a copy of it (even though that universe got to where it got to through the interference of multiversal singular entities, so in other words it would be a fake copy version that still would be impossible to be like the original version...)

I can't believe DC found a way to make things even more insulting for pre-flashpoint fans.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Master X;1265553]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I can't believe DC found a way to make things even more insulting for pre-flashpoint fans.
    Look in a mirror, dude.

I think you speak just for yourself.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    More importantly, I don't understand this compulsion towards wanting Didio to explain EVERYTHING. Surely, a great part of the fun is being surprised.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I think it's more along the lines of being strung along. I think they just want him to cut the line if there's no more, but he NEVER will, as long as he thinks he can milk profit from them by keeping hopes up. Like a girlfriend who stops you from just getting on with things with half promises and whispers how she still wants you. I WISH he'd state things one way or another. I want to quit and just focus on the other DC media that still brings me fun such as the TV shows, but part of me is always waiting for my DC to come back even in some tiny way (which it easily can) because of Didio. Like I made in a post elsewhere, last year there was god-only knows how many Batman/Superman comic continities running last year alone (5 Batman at least). He has the ability to satisfy all but chooses to tease and aggravate. Do I think he's being deliberately bad? No. He thinks he's being fun, but it's NOT fun. He should know better by now.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Why are folks complaining here again? Didio never said he would bring pre flashpoint characters and tell those strories, he said we'll revisit these characters and tell their stories as a love letter to old DC fans, a closure in 2 months using Convergence. Grow up people and learn to let go of things. If you truly love reading comics with good stories, DCYou will be your cup of tea but if you want to hold on to characters that existed in past, too bad DC has nothing to offer you. Move along, whining on internet boards and spreading negativity isn't the best use of your time honestly. Learn to let go and embrace new things.

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=gwangung;1265581]
    Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post

Look in a mirror, dude.

I think you speak just for yourself.
    No idea WHAT you're getting at, dude. Things are worse for pre-flashpoint fans. Looked like we might get something...then they get wiped from existence as if they never happened, except for a possible "copy" Earth in the new infinite multverse. Clearly that's now worse if you're a pre-flashpoint fan expecting...anything. Where exactly am I wrong in that statement...?

EDIT: the heck is wrong with the auto quoting...
    Last edited by Master X; 06-09-2015 at 10:15 PM.

All-New Member

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/27/deco...ng-the-finale/ Jeff king says the multiverse is infinite again

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    Why are folks complaining here again? Didio never said he would bring pre flashpoint characters and tell those strories, he said we'll revisit these characters and tell their stories as a love letter to old DC fans, a closure in 2 months using Convergence. Grow up people and learn to let go of things. If you truly love reading comics with good stories, DCYou will be your cup of tea but if you want to hold on to characters that existed in past, too bad DC has nothing to offer you. Move along, whining on internet boards and spreading negativity isn't the best use of your time honestly. Learn to let go and embrace new things.
    I had. Then I got dragged back by Didio just to get told to sod off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    More importantly, I don't understand this compulsion towards wanting Didio to explain EVERYTHING. Surely, a great part of the fun is being surprised.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Because it's insincere bullcrap.

"Is that what that means? Couuuuullllld beeeeee."

[QUOTE=Master X;1265606]
    Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post

No idea WHAT you're getting at, dude. Things are worse for pre-flashpoint fans. Looked like we might get something...then they get wiped from existence as if they never happened, except for a possible "copy" Earth in the new infinite multverse. Clearly that's now worse if you're a pre-flashpoint fan expecting...anything. Where exactly am I wrong in that statement...?

I think his point was the that he and I are pre flashpoint fans but I can't speak for him but I don't feel things are worse. I love them just as much as I loved pre flashpoint if not more. So maybe he was saying you can't speak for all pre flashpoint fans because some of us enjoy both and are happy with the current DC comics universe. Just answering your question with how I feel. Maybe he meant something else

BANNED

In all honesty, I like the concept of DC You. I like some of the new things they're touting...

But I'm also irritated by some of the old things they're sticking with. During this Convergence I read the two issues of the Wolfman Titans and, while definitely not good issues, they still had enough elements of the old Titans (camaraderie, chemistry, lives, personality, backstory, a reason for being a team, all the things Lobdell and Pfeiffer never got around to) to make me re-evaluate my pull list after reading the preview for Teen Titans #9 and realizing that I don't care for any of these characters. The 'schism' they're going through means nothing to me because none of these characters have been developed beyond being a costume and a set of powers. For two volumes. Heck, Power Girl is still basically a non-entity and Tim Drake has yet to take his costume off (he must stink.)

If we're talking about unique twists on old IPs, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Lemire's version of the Titans (the Earth One, v1 version) over the Lobdell/Pfeiffer continuity at this point, because that book does feel like a teenage superhero book. Right now my DC pull list has dwindled to almost nothing, which I regret because I'll always be a DC guy- I prefer DC's characters over Marvel's (with my two favorites being Wonder Woman and Beast Boy .. yeah, I know, weird combo for favorite characters, but whatever)- but I've been reading more titles like Ms. Marvel, and Gillen's 2013 Young Avengers which felt, basically, like the book that Teen Titans should have been. If any title is crying out for a DC You-ing, it's Teen Titans.

And the current Wonder Woman... holy hell. Where do I even begin?

I wish someone would tell Dan Didio that sometimes looking at the past isn't a bad thing. For one, it'd let him know what's missing with some books. With most books. With almost everything that engendered the New 52 and with which we are still going to be stuck (because let's face it, we're never seeing the old universes again.) This whole "moving forward" is all well and good, but c'mon, make sure you're not moving forward into a tree. I'm all for new ideas, but there's good execution and bad execution- there are fans who have a genuine gripe with the way the New 52 was executed because, let's face it, a good chunk of it was clearly an ill-conceived, non-cohesive mess.

For all of Didio's promises for DC You, though, I find myself skeptical. Has he learned anything and will he actually allow creator freedom, or will we return to the meddlesome editorial interventions that cost DC some of its greatest talents, including a whole creative team walking out on a book? A concept isn't worth much without the talent to uphold it, and if the house does what the house has done up to this point and chases teams away, we're going to end up with a boat full of Lobdell, Finches and Pfeiffers (thank god Nocenti is gone, at least)- and that's a scary thing to contemplate.

Companies always say that they are moving forward.

Correct.

In a sense, they're always moving forward cause whatever they're doing isn't [I]exactly[I] like what's come before.

We're moving forward means DC is going to still use the old characters in new stories in the new infinite DCU with today's writers and artists.

Didio is a tease. Read Brevoort, Quesada or Alonso's interviews, and they're teases as well. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, whether it's comfortable or not, you like him or not, or he pisses you off or not.

In a sense, the New 52 is the core of the DCU moving forward, but, why would they bring back the multiverse and not re-visit and utilize, past characters ? Of course they are going to. They're having their cake and eating it too. You don't see it now, but you will. 75 years doesn't just go out the window. The multiverse is a great sprawling tapestry with room for all their previous versions. The spotlight (market) is big enough to shine on all of them at once (the market couldn't support titles of all these different characters at once so you'll see different ones in and out, and the ones that are more popular will get more spotlight (sales).
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    He also did say one book at least was coming directly from convergence. Could be the crisis adventure who knows
    It sounds to me its more like what Justice League United might be morphing into.

All-New Member

as of post convergence this long time got many dc titles is down to one title. earth 2 society.

btw didio conned us sure one title is coming out of convergence its earth 2 society

[QUOTE=Master X;1265606]
    Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post

I'm a huge pre-Flashpoint fan who's been reading DC comics for over 25 years, and I've liked the last 3 1/2 years more than any of the previous 15. I'm very excited for the Divergence titles and don't feel remotely insulted. So I'll repeat what was said to you before - speak for yourself.