Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by kochtgr View Post
    Well I think that Diana is Greek
    And a demigoddess

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So will there be "THE AMERICAN WAY"?
    No. Sorry there is no longer an 'American Way'. It will be called 'All That'.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

Loving this discussion!

By the way, I'm not trolling. I know that truth can be stranger than fiction (no pun intended) and for all anyone knows, "Truth" will be followed up by an arc titled "Justice." Would be a cool way to go with a story playing around with Superman's core elements.

As for the "American Way" aspect, I don't think you'd need that at all. Not sure how a story with that title would fit in to a story that sees Superman undone/deconstructed, then possibly reconstructed in "Justice."

As for Lois being Myx, stranger things have happened. The last time Lois behaved uncharacteristically, she was controlled by Brainiac. Before that, she was held prisoner while Parasite assumed her identity.

That was actually a pretty good story by Loeb. Miss him working at DC...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    Loving this discussion!

By the way, I'm not trolling. I know that truth can be stranger than fiction (no pun intended) and for all anyone knows, "Truth" will be followed up by an arc titled "Justice." Would be a cool way to go with a story playing around with Superman's core elements.

As for the "American Way" aspect, I don't think you'd need that at all. Not sure how a story with that title would fit in to a story that sees Superman undone/deconstructed, then possibly reconstructed in "Justice."

As for Lois being Myx, stranger things have happened. The last time Lois behaved uncharacteristically, she was controlled by Brainiac. Before that, she was held prisoner while Parasite assumed her identity.

That was actually a pretty good story by Loeb. Miss him working at DC...
    Well, Loeb IMO fell off the rails as a writer not long after he left Superman/Batman. (see ULTIMATES 3 and ULTIMATUM. Ugh.) I'm glad he left while he still was doing good Superman work.

The Parasite story was a great bit of Slight of hand. Although, I am still creeped out at the implications Lex was....intimate with the Parasite. Of course he thought it was Lois...but still...

Oh and my apologies over the trolling comment. Your dislike of the current story is noted, and I thought you started a thread to bash it...and maybe you sort of did in a way...but it became a lively discussion.

My vote for a trilogy...

TRUTH

JUSTICE

FREEDOM

I vote for "Truth," "Whole Truth," and "Nothing but the Truth."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well, Loeb IMO fell off the rails as a writer not long after he left Superman/Batman. (see ULTIMATES 3 and ULTIMATUM. Ugh.) I'm glad he left while he still was doing good Superman work.

The Parasite story was a great bit of Slight of hand. Although, I am still creeped out at the implications Lex was....intimate with the Parasite. Of course he thought it was Lois...but still...

Oh and my apologies over the trolling comment. Your dislike of the current story is noted, and I thought you started a thread to bash it...and maybe you sort of did in a way...but it became a lively discussion.

My vote for a trilogy...

TRUTH

JUSTICE

FREEDOM
    No worries! I wasn't out to troll, but I am unimpressed by what I've seen of this story so far. I'd just like to see someone remember and actually use what makes Superman unique and great as the basis for stories, not more deconstruction. I agree with you on the Lex/Parasite thing...that was pretty weird, though far better than if it was Clark and Parasite. *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I vote for "Truth," "Whole Truth," and "Nothing but the Truth."
    Love it! Who knows, those might be the actual titles! I also like manofsteel1979's suggestions above. I also think "truth, justice and liberty" has a nice ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    By the way, I'm not trolling.
    But you do seem to passing off idle speculation as "spoilers".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    But you do seem to passing off idle speculation as "spoilers".
    I don't know how idle it is to make a logical inference regarding the title of a story arc based on its likely connection to a phrase unique to Superman.

I admit the Myx thing is more speculative, but here's the thing: years ago on another message board, I made a prediction/speculation that turned out to be correct, and was severely lambasted for spoiling people on a storyline.

I also just wanted to have a little fun...no trolling/spamming intended!

Incredible Member

I skipped the first page, is all this just speculation ( thoughit dos sound cool) or is it leaked from somewhere?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    I skipped the first page, is all this just speculation ( thoughit dos sound cool) or is it leaked from somewhere?
    Speculation.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I mentioned this in another thread...but another "reset" possibility could be Dominus if someone was willing to use him. Hell, you could even have him be the same guy from SUPERMAN REX...and when he was banished from the pre-infinite crisis timeline, he ended up in the DC You.