Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises for me.
    The correct answer.

It not only wraps up the two previos films, but it hits so many comic book moments.

And honestly, this i am not kidding, i could watch bats and selina fight thugs for 2 hours everyday.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Either Returns or Forever, for me, depending on the day. They're all good movies, though. Even Batman and Robin, as a children's movie, isn't entirely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    And honestly, this i am not kidding, i could watch bats and selina fight thugs for 2 hours everyday.
    Catwoman was the best part of that movie. I love Bane, as a character, but both times he's been in a movie, he was just taking away from what I wanted to spend time with.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Spectacular Member

I never thought the nolan movies were comic book. It seemed more like I was watching NCIS or Law and Order with a guy in a costume. So it is the Burton Batman movies for me

I hated the Burton era flicks apart from Batman & Robin, which was camp and fun as children's films should be. Dark Knight was the best of the Nolan flicks, and Batman '66 because Adam West. Those three would be my favorites in no particular order, the rest seems to struggle too much with pretentiousness and wangst to really be the action romps they should be, though Batman Begins was pretty good.

Spectacular Member

Now that I think about it I think the best Batman film was Batman Returns followed by Batman. Love Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman. Her Chemistry with Michael Keaton was awesome. The rest of the Batman movies I can go the rest of my life without watching.

Spectacular Member

I expected Dark Knight to win, as it's not just a great Batman movie, it's a great movie period ... but that's an impressive landslide !!!
    I'd personally put Returns a close second. IMO, it has better villains than the first Burton movie, and aged better.

Had to think about that a bit, but went with Batman Begins myself. The 88 batman was good, but I watched it recently and it hasnt aged as well as Batman Returns or Forever. Really, i think Ive enjoyed them all despite their differences. Even Batman & Robin wasnt as bad as I had remembered it. very campy of course but I was entertained.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

The Dark Knight, although Tim Burton's was pretty good. The Dark Knight had the elements one could have ever looked for and expected. Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart were amazing as well as the other characters. Gary Oldman portrayed an amazing Jim Gordon!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Batman Mask of the Phantasm is better than all the live-action Batman films IMHO. Not even close.

I voted Dark Knight only because of Ledger, the best part of the bloated overlong film.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brigonos Chomhgaill View Post
    I hated the Burton era flicks apart from Batman & Robin, which was camp and fun as children's films should be. Dark Knight was the best of the Nolan flicks, and Batman '66 because Adam West. Those three would be my favorites in no particular order, the rest seems to struggle too much with pretentiousness and wangst to really be the action romps they should be, though Batman Begins was pretty good.
    I hated the Burton movies originally because they felt so padded but in recent years, I love the atmosphere. They felt quite serious to me back then but they feel rather campy now. To this day, I haven't seen "Batman Forever" but I liked "Batman and Robin". My feeling is, if you are going to be ridiculous about it (which both the Burton and Schumacher movies were), then at least be a bit lighthearted. B&R reminded me of the 1960s tv show in a good way. The only drawback is that it went campy in the same continuity as a series that was meant to be serious.

If you are going to do dark, then I'd say the Dark Knight was the best. Yeah I agree they could get sententiously pretentious.

The Dark Knight. No questions asked

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Batman (1989)
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Batman (66), barely edging out Batman (89).

Fantastic Member

Mask of the Phantasm is so far ahead that even the second best is as about as close in quality as Chimay is to Corona. Immeasurable.

BANNED

The '89 Batman is far and away a better and more entertain movie than The Dark Knight. So is Batman Forever.