Astonishing Member

Default Finding my Fifties really difficult. ( Apologies to anyone who doesn't enjoy sadness or whining)

I'm 52 and staying positive or hopeful seems more and more difficult. Mom passed away in January. Every fifth or sixth Fb notice seems to be a prayer request for a sick friend.... or a friend's family member or news of a death. And if it isn't someone I know personally Its a public figure that I liked or admired. I had a potentially big career opportunity go south last week. I exercise and watch my weight; In fact from November of 2013 to present I've lost 30 pounds.... and yet my body feels like a battery that won't hold a charge. Any woman I meet who is remotely interesting to me is married, engaged, way too young or living in a another state. It used to be easier to muscle myself out of these depressions or funks, it seems.

Spectacular Member marvelmaniac6169's Avatar

I am sorry to hear you feel that way.
    I am now 59 and used to be totally Miserable, Cranky, did not want to Socialize, was always Feeling Depressed and had Anxiety issues.
    Now I am Happy and Cheery Everyday and Love Life and my Family and Grandchildren bring me Immense Joy.

Not to tell you what to do but IMO you should talk to your Doctor about Anti-Depressants.
    I started on Lexapro back in about 2001/2002, moved to Generic Celexa and I am now on Zoloft and other than being Happy I have not experienced any Bad Side Effects.
    They have made such a profound change in my life that I can not imagine being without them.

Aqua-goat prime, have you spoken to a doctor about this? I'm not sure which country you're in but sometimes if you get referred to by a doctor you can get bulk billed for therapy sessions which I think might help you. This sounds quite serious but you are definitely not alone with this and there's so many resources out there to help you if you have a chat with your doctor