Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default The All-New Batsuit Fully Revealed in "Batman" #41

There's more than originally met the eye to the new look of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's "DC You" Batman. (Spoilers within article.)

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    There's more than originally met the eye to the new look of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's "DC You" Batman. (Spoilers within article.)

Full article here.
    I don't think this works for a Gordon as Batman approach. He looks like a fit-20 something superhero type with fitting spandex. That is not how I would imagine Gordon as Batman. They could have gone with something more rugged.

I would prefer he keeps the mecha bunny suit on...(which honestly looks better in the comic itself from what I've seen then on the covers we've been seeing for a couple months now).

The inner suits look way too body hugging. Though to be fair it is supposed to be some slim inner wear while Jim piloting the robo suit

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I like the suit that he wears inside. Its simple and cool. Better then mech suit. But I guess he needs it as Bruce seems stronger then Jim.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I dunno about his build. It makes him look like the typical superhero, and while Gordon is decently fit, I don't think he's got much muscle on him. Also, love that little tilted belt, like Gordon's trying to be hip with the kids.

I feel like this could really work as a batsuit for Dick however, what with the streamlined design and lack of cape.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

It's Batgirl but on a guy

Looks like a Batman themed bobsled suit.

iMan 42s

I get we probably won't see it much but that body suit is just boring. Is this some weird way in making us get behind the bunny costume? The book is going to be fine but those designs are still awful.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

I loved the inner Batman costume, very cool. And It also kind of remind me of Cassandra's Batgirl costume too... the costume which i also love. I didn't expect Gordon to look good in skin tight Batman costume though... He looks kind of more masculer than i expeted.
    Last edited by Batarang; 06-10-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That looks way too fit to be Jim Gordon.

All-New Member

They talked about how "all that training paid off" in the 8-page preview...46 isn't too old to get in good shape

Bat-ironman? Iron-Batman?

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

I've never really been a Batman fan, so, my opinion won't really have as much weight as others, but.... this is the best look I've ever seen for this character. And I actually really like the idea of having this slim suit for more covert stuff and then the big robot suit for more pure power stuff.

This may be the first time I read a Batman book other than because Tim Drake or Jason Todd were in it!
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I would prefer he keeps the mecha bunny suit on...(which honestly looks better in the comic itself from what I've seen then on the covers we've been seeing for a couple months now).
    I'm guessing we won't see him without the mech suit too often, but it makes sense that he would have an under-suit, in case he needs to get out of that big thing. The mech suit is basically his squad car -- it even has the red and blue police lights.

Regarding Jim's fitness -- maybe a venom doping scandal in the future?