View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate End #2?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

0 0%
  • Good. I enjoy where this is going.

1 4.00%
  • Meh. Not bad, but I didn't love it.

6 24.00%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

9 36.00%
  • Awful. I wish I didn't read it.

9 36.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I was quite drunk when I read issue one, does Miles not exist in this Ultimate universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So, they brought in the O5 but not any of the JGS X-Men?

-

Yes, Doom recreated the world... And he placed the characters he saved into it and altered their memories accordingly. So they aren't fakes, if they were than the story would be pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    yea, them being copies would be the worst cop out in comic history. Doom just altered their memories because he saw this as his opportunity to create the "utopia" he always wanted.
    I thought Axel already confirmed that these aren't the "real" 616 and UU characters, rather they are recreations from Doom.

As for the actual issue, I liked it better than the first issue but as a swan song for the UU it is really breaking my heart. There isn't nearly enough focus on the UU characters for this being its ending. Bagley is doing great though.

Side note, does anyone know if that is 616 Punisher or Ultimate Punisher. I know that the UU Punisher died in Cataclysm but Secret Wars seems to be putting everyone on the table.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I thought Axel already confirmed that these aren't the "real" 616 and UU characters, rather they are recreations from Doom.

As for the actual issue, I liked it better than the first issue but as a swan song for the UU it is really breaking my heart. There isn't nearly enough focus on the UU characters for this being its ending. Bagley is doing great though.

Side note, does anyone know if that is 616 Punisher or Ultimate Punisher. I know that the UU Punisher died in Cataclysm but Secret Wars seems to be putting everyone on the table.
    Ultimate. You can tell because 616 characters talk LIKE THIS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, while Ultimate chaeacters talk like we would type here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So, they brought in the O5 but not any of the JGS X-Men?

-

Yes, Doom recreated the world... And he placed the characters he saved into it and altered their memories accordingly. So they aren't fakes, if they were than the story would be pointless.
    You can keep telling yourself that hut it doesnt makr it true.

The issue itself says otherwise. This is all a recreation. Characters included.

Whoever wasnt on the liferaft is dead. Its just that simple.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Incredible Member

You know how many "endings" this universe has had? At this point the only way they can convince me that the Ultimate Universe is done for is when there is literally no more books being published. There's just been too many.

My god. I'm becoming the cynical Ultimate fan. But I still love Ultimatum. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!!?

Honestly, I'm kind of growing tired of superhero comics and I think that's part of where my problem is. As much as I enjoy reading and writing them, it's getting really stale. I know I'm defending the heck out of this tie-in, but I'm getting very little enjoyment out of it myself.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-21-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Default Ultimate End #2 Spoilers

There is no real clue as to why the Thors showed up, whether there are listening devices or computer surveillance, but they showed up, and just started making pronouncements on Dooms behalf. Hawkeye from 616 didn't like it, and a Thor burnt him to a crisp. Everyone else was just astonished, but got on with life after as if nothing had happened, so I'm thinking this has been going on a long time and they are used to this.

Peter from 616 finally gets up the courage to visit Ultimate Aunt May and Gwen, and introduce himself, which is cute, but loses some immersion in each other's business. They don't seem to connect, and realise they have come from two different worlds.

The two Tonys connect and start to discuss surveillance, and how to get around it. This sounds interesting.

I am now thinking that it has taken years to get to this stage, and not just that the Last Incursion happened yesterday, because Maria Hill from 616 is already amalgamated into Ultimate Fury's Triskelion, so years must have passed. It seems Green Hulk has had a beef with Grey Hulk and came crashing through an overpopulated Raft prison, releasing the Punisher, who was in issue 1 sighting heros in a fight 3 weeks from now. Then a swarm of Heroes join Fury's Hulk Buster squad trying to stop the Hulks from fighting, while Punisher gets away in a speed boat.

I'm not sure I was pleased with the way this story has gone, except it puts the region in recent times, not the distant past. But we get no resolution as to the Thors showing up, or why the portal has now become a non-issue.

All we can say is that some unification issues were resolved, and others have been opened up. Death is not that surprising because 616 Tony mentions he has lost a second friend. The heroes are definately whipped in regards to Doom, and I was impressed with Hawkeye rejecting Dooms authority, to be severely dealt with by the Thors. It reminds me of what the What If? Civil War would have looked like if that story was told with an army of Thors controlling all the heroes.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-11-2015 at 12:02 AM.

That non-Phoenix-Force Cyclops pretty much screws with my head. I was kinda operating on the 'one per franchise' rule with variations to some degree, but he existing clearly shows copies from the same universe from different points-in-time is a thing. I can't even tell if they are 'copies' made by Doom, or the real ones that he simply pluck out from a later point-in-time instead of the present.

It could be the 'portal' is not an issue because it's a convenient 'plot device'. Here you have two Tonys who are obviously not happy with being each other's counterparts. This is weird because what we've seen so far suggests that, by either long-term conditioning or mental conditioning, people don't find their own counterparts that surprising at all. Heck, in the Ultimate End #3 preview, we have a Storm-Thor and regular Storm facing each other with no questions.

So in this 'plotline', having a counterpart is considered 'weird'. But if this was a Tony from another domain simply visiting this domain, would then it be 'weird' and 'not normal'?

BANNED

Since those aren't the real 616 characters, what's the point of buying this comic?

BANNED

Does this issue confirm that the only 616 survivors are those who got into the life raft?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Does this issue confirm that the only 616 survivors are those who got into the life raft?
    Pretty much yeah. Exactly as I thought from the beginning.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Since those aren't the real 616 characters, what's the point of buying this comic?
    I ask that same question anytime someone reads anything that Bendis writes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Pretty much yeah. Exactly as I thought from the beginning.
    Waaaaa. My blazing interest on Secret Wars has come to an end. Marvel, please make 616 Storm live. I dont want any other versions of her replacing the real 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    That non-Phoenix-Force Cyclops pretty much screws with my head. I was kinda operating on the 'one per franchise' rule with variations to some degree, but he existing clearly shows copies from the same universe from different points-in-time is a thing. I can't even tell if they are 'copies' made by Doom, or the real ones that he simply pluck out from a later point-in-time instead of the present.

It could be the 'portal' is not an issue because it's a convenient 'plot device'. Here you have two Tonys who are obviously not happy with being each other's counterparts. This is weird because what we've seen so far suggests that, by either long-term conditioning or mental conditioning, people don't find their own counterparts that surprising at all. Heck, in the Ultimate End #3 preview, we have a Storm-Thor and regular Storm facing each other with no questions.

So in this 'plotline', having a counterpart is considered 'weird'. But if this was a Tony from another domain simply visiting this domain, would then it be 'weird' and 'not normal'?
    I don't think so. That's been my bug bear about boundary jumping causing problems, because I don't think it does. These heroes are aware of doppelgangers so I don't see them have a problem meeting other duplicates, like Peter Parker didn't meeting May and Gwen. It was a bit awkward, but nobody decided they have to tear down Doom.

Can anybody name all the heroes flying to Raft on the last page?

Well we know that the green Hulk punching Grey Hulk is not Doc Green, because no Mohawk or beard. Does this mean this is one of those Hulks jumping boundaries?

And 616 Iron Man is in the Red and Gold again, yet 3 weeks later, in SW#1, he's fighting in the Silver Superior Armor.

The ones the Thors encountered were the 616 heroes, not the UU heroes, so 616 Hawkeye is now dead.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-11-2015 at 03:58 AM.

Waaaaa. My blazing interest on Secret Wars has come to an end. Marvel, please make 616 Storm live. I dont want any other versions of her replacing the real 616.
    She will be back after Secret Wars.