View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate End #2?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

0 0%
  • Good. I enjoy where this is going.

1 4.00%
  • Meh. Not bad, but I didn't love it.

6 24.00%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

9 36.00%
  • Awful. I wish I didn't read it.

9 36.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    I'm starting to understand more. Even Hickman said this.

While I understand who the characters are it still doesn't justify it's significance as the last Ultimate Book. If it is a "What if book" then it should have been marketed as such and not not named Ultimate End.
    I don't understand the disappointment. Nothing in Secret Wars is like the 616 or Ultimate Universe. Secret Wars is where writers can spread their wings on stories not possible before the Last Incursion. Bendis is doing this too. He can't write a story about the UU as it was and how it ended, because that is a Last Days series. The worst you could critisize Bendis, is that the title is misleading in some way. It's not to me. I was never expecting the Ultimate End story, because it was not physically possible anymore.

I see UE as a mystery story. Something happened a few years ago, and something is still happening now, but we can't put our finger on it as yet. I am interested in finding out what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    This whole miniseries is a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    And even for the story that it is, it's not very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    This whole story is a mistake.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I don't understand the disappointment. Nothing in Secret Wars is like the 616 or Ultimate Universe. Secret Wars is where writers can spread their wings on stories not possible before the Last Incursion. Bendis is doing this too. He can't write a story about the UU as it was and how it ended, because that is a Last Days series. The worst you could critisize Bendis, is that the title is misleading in some way. It's not to me. I was never expecting the Ultimate End story, because it was not physically possible anymore.
    I think that's exactly why some people find it disappointing, though. It's labeled Ultimate End, but this series doesn't chronicle the end of the Ultimate universe. It remains to be seen if the story will in any way reflect that title, but it seems doubtful.

We know there're comics that Bendis enjoy writting, and others where he just phone it in. With the waste of space on a THIRD Peter Parker-UU Aunt May reunion, I think this one is the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Secret Wars #1 doesn't matter, as we know this is set after that. So I think you mean Ultimate End #1. That sequence is also interesting because it includes an Ultimate Hawkeye.
    And two Jimmy Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

I see UE as a mystery story. Something happened a few years ago, and something is still happening now, but we can't put our finger on it as yet. I am interested in finding out what happened.
    Yea, Joe Acro hit the nail on the head. You're looking at it from the perspective of Secret Wars. I think the final Ultimate story shouldn't have had anything to do with any big event. We don't really want Bendis to "spread his wings" on some random ass incursion story, we want a finale to the Ultimate Universe.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I think that's exactly why some people find it disappointing, though. It's labeled Ultimate End, but this series doesn't chronicle the end of the Ultimate universe. It remains to be seen if the story will in any way reflect that title, but it seems doubtful.
    I do too.

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Yea, Joe Acro hit the nail on the head. You're looking at it from the perspective of Secret Wars. I think the final Ultimate story shouldn't have had anything to do with any big event. We don't really want Bendis to "spread his wings" on some random ass incursion story, we want a finale to the Ultimate Universe.
    Insist on a Last Days UU. They are extending the Event, so if enough people write in to the letters page of Ultimates, they will whip a series up for you.

BANNED

I think this is the first time I've rated an Ultimate book the lowest possible on the poll. This book means nothing to me so far, and isn't showing any signs of stopping.

Recovering Sociopath ultimate_spider's Avatar

This event makes much more sense when imagined from the perspective of the main book. Doom recreated the planet and reimagined characters to his liking (but still allowed them free will for some reason, but I guess if he didn't we wouldn't have a story). Bendis' UE seems to attempt to offer highlights from previous moments in the UU, while also connecting to the drama of the main book. Bendis should have avoided this because he's not particularly skilled with continuity and intricate narratives.

When I read a SW main issue, I'm totally enamored with the world building and concept. It's very straight forward, everyone that isn't stepping off one of the life rafts is a manifestation by doom and doesn't know about anything prior to Battleworld (Except the sheriff, apparently). Bendis' story involves a crossover that makes references to previous crossovers while also crossing over with what Hickman is doing with the main book. What was he thinking?

I read the first issue of Battleworld Journal, and I'm reading the 2099 Battleworld book. Those are obviously what if.... style stories happening separate from the drama of the main book. It's a lot easier to ingest those on their own or dismiss them if you're not interested. But UE is way messier and I don't know what the HELL is going on, and frankly, it doesn't even matter.

Amazing Member

Thats not 616 tony. 616 tony died fighting steve rogers in the last issue of avengers. That is a copy of 616 tony. And a copy of 616 peter (real 616 peter is with miles, and strange, and reed)

Ultimate end is a story about copies of characters created by doom. This is the worst book in secret wars.
    Last edited by Plawsky; 06-14-2015 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Creator bashing

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    Kinda difficult to forget Doc Green, given that he is on page at the start of this issue. Your Bendis hate may be playing havoc with your powers of observation.
    For the records, Ultimate End 3 proves that yes, the green Hulk was Doc Green, and they just forgot that he doesn't look like the "usual" Hulk.