View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate End #2?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

0 0%
  • Good. I enjoy where this is going.

1 4.00%
  • Meh. Not bad, but I didn't love it.

6 24.00%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

9 36.00%
  • Awful. I wish I didn't read it.

9 36.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

THIS was the end of the Ultimate Universe.

It even says in front of every tie-in that Doom recreated the world. It's stressing me out that you guys are stressed about a what is basically a What If...? story. Bendis can make Geldoff an Asian Jewish transgender neo-Nazi and it would still work because this isn't Ultimate and it isn't 616 that merged.

Amazing Member

This whole miniseries is a waste. What we have as Secret Wars #1 should have been spread out into a miniseries and written by Hickman. That was the real UU, and therefore deserving of the setting of a series titled Ultimate End.

Instead we have recreated (read: fake) 1610 and 616 characters trying to figure out a mystery we already know the answers to.

I knew this series was going to be bad, but not this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    THIS was the end of the Ultimate Universe.

It even says in front of every tie-in that Doom recreated the world. It's stressing me out that you guys are stressed about a what is basically a What If...? story. Bendis can make Geldoff an Asian Jewish transgender neo-Nazi and it would still work because this isn't Ultimate and it isn't 616 that merged.
    That's the whole point. Bends has said that this is going to be the big finale of the UU, THE ending for the characters. And yet it's nothing like that. He's trying to sell it as an Ultimate story, but he's not writing one.

And even for the story that it is, it's not very good. I suppose that's the other point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    It's stressing me out that you guys are stressed about a what is basically a What If...? story. Bendis can make Geldoff an Asian Jewish transgender neo-Nazi and it would still work because this isn't Ultimate and it isn't 616 that merged.
    It's rather obviously Ultimate and 616 that were merged.

You really should know better if you think that Bendis is following continuity so his little story matches the rest of Secret Wars.

I wouldnt be surprised if he intended the Green Hulk to be the 616 Hulk, but just forgot about Doc Green.

Honestly, "Ultimate End" is just Bendis introducing his Iron Man run, pretending that Superior Iron Man never happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    It's rather obviously Ultimate and 616 that were merged.

You really should know better if you think that Bendis is following continuity so his little story matches the rest of Secret Wars.

I wouldnt be surprised if he intended the Green Hulk to be the 616 Hulk, but just forgot about Doc Green.

Honestly, "Ultimate End" is just Bendis introducing his Iron Man run, pretending that Superior Iron Man never happened.
    Kinda difficult to forget Doc Green, given that he is on page at the start of this issue. Your Bendis hate may be playing havoc with your powers of observation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    Kinda difficult to forget Doc Green, given that he is on page at the start of this issue. Your Bendis hate may be playing havoc with your powers of observation.
    If anything, that makes more likely that the green Hulk we see later was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    If anything, that makes more likely that the green Hulk we see later was a mistake.
    This whole story is a mistake.

Not sure why this comic is called Ultimate End because this isn't about the ultimate universe.

Yeah I'm just not digging this story. Bendis was hyping this as the end for the Ultimate characters, but in reality our Ultimate universe died when it collided with 616. What this story is about is Doom's version of the UU and 616 interacting with each other.

I'm happy I got closure with Ultimate Peter coming back from the dead and getting a happy ending with MJ.

BANNED

Wasn't there one infinity gem left after the battle between the Ultiamtes and Dark Ultimates? The time gem?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

-May and Gwen sit and talk with Peter
    This is what, the 3rd time we've seen it? First in Spider-men, then with the revived Ultimate Pete, and now AGAIN with 616-Spider-man. This is not interesting to watch again, whatsoever. It had a lot of weight the first time we watched it, now it's just boring.
    What's even weirder about that scene is Peter mentions theirs being dead and they say they had closure. Except that's ignoring that their Peter isn't dead anymore and they know it. Also what is Queens doing here when it was supposed to just be Manhattan.
    Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Wasn't there one infinity gem left after the battle between the Ultiamtes and Dark Ultimates? The time gem?
    No you're thinking about how the Time Gem was the last of the Infinity Stones left after the Illumanati used them to stop the first incursion.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-10-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What's even weirder about that scene is Peter mentions theirs being dead and they say they had closure. Except that's ignoring that their Peter isn't dead anymore and they know it. Also what is Queens doing here when it was supposed to just be Manhattan.

No you're thinking about how the Time Gem was the last of the Infinity Stones left after the Illumanati used them to stop the first incursion.
    Maybe their closure was him being alive but leaving their lives. I liked it and I trust bendis ultimate work,only his ultimate work so I hope everything will come together. I think some of this is from Spider-Men 2 which now will probably never happen. I hope Gwen makes it to the new Marvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Oh ok. Then all of earth 1610's gems were destroyed

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So, they brought in the O5 but not any of the JGS X-Men?

-

Yes, Doom recreated the world... And he placed the characters he saved into it and altered their memories accordingly. So they aren't fakes, if they were than the story would be pointless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So, they brought in the O5 but not any of the JGS X-Men?

-

Yes, Doom recreated the world... And he placed the characters he saved into it and altered their memories accordingly. So they aren't fakes, if they were than the story would be pointless.
    yea, them being copies would be the worst cop out in comic history. Doom just altered their memories because he saw this as his opportunity to create the "utopia" he always wanted.

This issue pissed me off more than the first one. I REALLY hate Bendis writing. That said, I LOVE the talk between fake 616 and Ultimate Tony. I can see good things coming out of Invincible Iron Man this fall.