Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

This has been all kinds of pathetic so far and is just the type of thing I expected from Geoff "if it isn't an event, I'm not interested" Johns and company.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Awww. I kinda liked her.
    Maybe we'll see her one last time as a casualty.

BANNED

That's a possible analogy, yes.
    Wonder where is Cat Grant in all this. I mean, her reaction should be worth it if only for the moment where she realized she totally outed her co worker's secret romance. Awkwaaaard.
    I could see Cat Grant doing the outing instead of Lois. That would put Lois in the position of scrutiny and danger, how long did she know? What else was she hiding?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Cat again, it will be in the Supergirl book should it be revived for synergy's sake.

Maybe Cat hires the now fired Jimmy and Kara to work for her blog?

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    I could see Cat Grant doing the outing instead of Lois. That would put Lois in the position of scrutiny and danger, how long did she know? What else was she hiding?
    Dude, you're just throwing random ideas because you don't want it to be Lois. It's her, she said it herself. Twice. All there's left to tell is why.
    I mean, why would she pretend to have discovered what Cat did? Why would Cat let anyone take credit for what she did?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    This has been all kinds of pathetic so far and is just the type of thing I expected from Geoff "if it isn't an event, I'm not interested" Johns and company.
    What does Geoff have anything to do with this?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Dude, you're just throwing random ideas because you don't want it to be Lois. It's her, she said it herself. Twice. All there's left to tell is why.
    I mean, why would she pretend to have discovered what Cat did? Why would Cat let anyone take credit for what she did?
    I meant using Cat Grant to do it would be a better choice than Lois. Having Lois do it violates what the character is. Every other version of the character that knew the secret kept it, because that is the right thing to do. I understand that some changes are going to be made, but when you do something that outrageous, its not Lois Lane anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Well Geoff Johns did jump off Superman during the New Krypton debacle. Could history strike twice? Johns leaves Superman just before they drive the books into the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    It isn't an event either, so I'm doubly confused.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

I meant using Cat Grant to do it would be a better choice than Lois. Having Lois do it violates what the character is. Every other version of the character that knew the secret kept it, because that is the right thing to do. I understand that some changes are going to be made, but when you do something that outrageous, its not Lois Lane anymore.
    Sigh....fortheloveof...
    Look, this conversation happened a billion times already. We don't know what happened or why, except for hints that there's more to it than we know off. And, frankly, until we do hear her side of the story, this conversation is boring and pointless. I'll pass judgement on it when I'll will see the full picture (as it's obvious they're waiting to tell us for a reason), and frankly, I don't really care whether or not you'll do the same. So let's not pursue this any further,agreed?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

.I have the same worry, but I do think there are legit reasons she could have outed Clark. So far, especially with this issue, the dialog indicates that for whatever reason she did it, it seems Diana is understanding of it, and on some level, even Clark himself is understanding of why. So, until we are shown otherwise in the next three issues of SUPERMAN , I have to think it was a pretty legitimate reasoning. Of course we won't know for sure for at least two weeks, if not a bit longer.

So, here's a crazy thought...why not read the story first before automatically deeming that DC Comics Character assassinated Lois?

I was expecting something like Simone's Batgirl which imo perfectly epitomized all the "grimdarkness" a lot people still associated with N52 but I gotta say, I surprising enjoyed this overall especially Lex not buying that Superman would be "just another loser" for his secret identity.

Wow, Lois came off terribly in this. You don't ruin someone's life like she did then act so defensively and antagonizing against the person who is suffering so much because of you. That is just horrible characterization. They are going to have to do some serious character work to dig her out of this hole they are putting her in. Though you have to wonder why they put her in this hole in the first place.

I think Superman/Wonder Woman is awful, dull and shouldn't have happened because of how it ruins WW's love interests in comparison, but if this Lois is Superman's other option at the moment then WW is looking a lot more appealing in my eyes.

Anyway, I was just really taken back by how bad Lois came off in this. Though is this new Superman coming off a lot like Wolverine to anyone else? Him riding a motorcycle, brawling and then some of those 8 page previews where he is fighting ninjas felt really Wolverine-esque.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    .I have the same worry, but I do think there are legit reasons she could have outed Clark. So far, especially with this issue, the dialog indicates that for whatever reason she did it, it seems Diana is understanding of it, and on some level, even Clark himself is understanding of why. So, until we are shown otherwise in the next three issues of SUPERMAN , I have to think it was a pretty legitimate reasoning. Of course we won't know for sure for at least two weeks, if not a bit longer.

So, here's a crazy thought...why not read the story first before automatically deeming that DC Comics Character assassinated Lois?
    If DC hadn't spent the past few years systematically trying to get rid of Lois and her importance to the Superman mythos I would give it more of a chance. Its clear that DC does not learn from their mistakes under the current regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Wow, Lois came off terribly in this. You don't ruin someone's life like she did then act so defensively and antagonizing against the person who is suffering so much because of you. That is just horrible characterization. They are going to have to do some serious character work to dig her out of this hole they are putting her in. Though you have to wonder why they put her in this hole in the first place.

I think Superman/Wonder Woman is awful, dull and shouldn't have happened because of how it ruins WW's love interests in comparison, but if this Lois is Superman's other option at the moment then WW is looking a lot more appealing in my eyes.
    That is why DC is doing this, to promote WW over Lois.

They are promoting WW by having her agreeing with Lois??