Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

As a love interest, they are. Lois said that she agreed with her, but this was after the fact.

It's kinda obvious afteral they're a couple now. The only way she could be promoted even further as a love interest is if they got married. I can't see how having Lois outing Superman, and Wonder Woman agreeing with her could marginalize Lois even more than she already is.

Anybody notice every panel with Alfred deliberately had his right hand hidden(behind clark's head, out of the panel, under a box, behind a chair arm)? lol

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Anybody notice every panel with Alfred deliberately had his right hand hidden(behind clark's head, out of the panel, under a box, behind a chair arm)? lol
    I did, yes. He lost it, right? I'm a bit behind when it comes to Batman.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Yeah, Joker lopped it off. Syaf might have kept it hidden because he doesn't know if he has it back. The end of Endgame revealed they had time to reattach it but Alfred was refusing it for some goofy reason. Maybe he changed his mind though, that's up to Snyder.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, Joker lopped it off. Syaf might have kept it hidden because he doesn't know if he has it back. The end of Endgame revealed they had time to reattach it but Alfred was refusing it for some goofy reason. Maybe he changed his mind though, that's up to Snyder.

One thing I just thought.... How could Clark NOT know what happened to Bruce? I know Clark has been busy with his own issues...but it's not like Batman's "death" or the events of "Endgame" were kept secret to the world outside Gotham. I mean, they are reporting Batman's "death" on the news in Snyder's own story. I'm sure even while "on the run", Clark would have spied a newspaper headline or caught a news report on the television of all that happened. I'm a little behind in my Bat-reading, but didn't Superman appear in the first issue of ENDGAME? Shouldn't he at least be aware that something big went down involving the Joker seeing he was tangently involved at the start of it? From the way it's presented here, he wasn't aware of anything major happening until he went to Gotham in the preview and this issue.

I know the new motto is "story> continuity" but it does grind my gears a little in this case.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-10-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Amazing Member

it was ok

the lois&clark talk was painful and annoying as hell
    why is he friends with her again?
    matter of fact why did he call her in the first place
    getting death threat"i think they'r hinting the anita fiasco and how to handle those death threat"

Weren't they all jokerized during that story?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gtomanga View Post
    it was ok

the lois&clark talk was painful and annoying as hell
    why is he friends with her again?
    matter of fact why did he call her in the first place
    getting death threat"i think they'r hinting the anita fiasco and how to handle those death threat"

If they try to make Lois into annoying pointless trash like Anita Skarseesian, they really are lost.

Incredible Member

Joker cut off Alfred's hand? How grimdark.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    If they try to make Lois into annoying pointless trash like Anita Skarseesian, they really are lost.
    i know she's under preacher for exposing his identity and affecting all those around her
    but snapping&closing the phone on clark before catching his breath after hearing her complane like that
    was uncalled for
    but still lois worrying about death threat dos hint to Anita Skarseesian

i mean she's the same person who stood up against her father and rush out into dangers daring the new52 run and surviving all that crap
    and now she's worried about 3 Internet death threats?

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    They are lost if they portray Lois Lane as an influential, well-regarded, culture critic? You know I have my trepidations about how "Truth" will affect Lois Lane's characterization, but if it's going to make sexists uncomfortable by reminding them of smart, powerful women in the real world, then I have to give DC, Greg Pak, and Gene Luen Yang props. On the other hand, Pak really hasn't achieved his stated objective to present Lois as a hero if the ambiguity in the writing leaves enough room for negative comments like yours. "Truth" really isn't served well by playing so fast and loose with plot and character motivations that it becomes a Rorschach test of Lois Lane's character or any character for that matter.

Astonishing Member

Good comics.

People have mostly touched on what I liked. Superman not really getting closure about Batman, but Alfred being a good dude all the same. Some nice ahahaha! moments like Superman bumming a batcycle and painting it into a supercycle, is like straight out of the 70s Denny O'Neil/Cary Bates type stuff. The stuff with Luthor was straight out of Byrne, with a dash of his dismissal of Kent in All-Star Superman. And I even liked how Superman not having his super-powers is mentioned, so he can't like just "locate" Batman, or tell if Alfred is acting - so that whole conspiratorial aspect of where the hell Bruce Wayne is, that was really thrown at us in Snyder's Batman, is definitely maintained here. The same Luthor who sussed out the worst kept secret in the DCU of Batman's identity is having trouble buying his own arch-enemies being outed. And dear god a benevolent Luthor is creeping me out. For a second I couldn't wrap my head around Luthor just up and calling Jim Gordon Batman a moron, but yeah, no, Luthor would totally instantly just figure whoever Robo-Batman is, total moron.

I like that "WHERE IS BRUCE WAYNE AND WHAT IS HE UP TO?" is a good old fashioned mystery. And not a job for Superman, at the moment.

Syaf doesn't nail every panel but as I've said the last six months or so, it's just nice to finally have consistent, strong art on this title.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by gtomanga View Post
    i know she's under preacher for exposing his identity and affecting all those around her
    but snapping&closing the phone on clark before catching his breath after hearing her complane like that
    was uncalled for
    Clark called her and then basically refused to talk to her, which is what the multiple ellipses indicate. To me, Lois also wasn't complaining so much as clearing the air.

but still lois worrying about death threat dos hint to Anita Skarseesian
    And if that were true, then that would put her in quite a favorable light. Anita Sarkeesian is an influential and admirable advocate who's earned the respect of many. But what she does pushes back against structural injustices, inciting scum to do terrible things.

i mean she's the same person who stood up against her father and rush out into dangers daring the new52 run and surviving all that crap
    and now she's worried about 3 Internet death threats?
    This makes no sense. It's natural to worry about death threats. It's letting the threat of death deter you from doing what's right that's a sign of cowardice. Lois has every right, and is totally in character, to mention that she's the object of threats. She also speaks about the threats as something she has handled. If one receives death threats, it's not a sign of weakness to want those making the threats identified and punished. That's truth and justice at work right there.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post

This makes no sense. It's natural to worry about death threats. It's letting the threat of death deter you from doing what's right that's a sign of cowardice. Lois has every right, and is totally in character, to mention that she's the object of threats. She also speaks about the threats as something she has handled. If one receives death threats, it's not a sign of weakness to want those making the threats identified and punished. That's truth and justice at work right there.
    Especially when said death threats likely came from some of the criminals Superman or Clark Kent put away over the years. She not only outed Clark,but outed herself as a long time close associate with Superman by virtue of the fact Lois and Clark were reporting partners at some point over the 'missing' five years between ACTION #1 and SUPERMAN #1 (if Perez's issues are still canon, which I assume they still are). Some probably still see her as 'Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane' even if he currently was dating Wonder Woman, thus still paints a huge target on her head even though in the DCU press it seems she "betrayed" him. I for one liked that Clark was worried for her, and she essentially brushed it off as not to add to his problems. The bonds of their friendship are still strong, if stained right now.

Still not entirely sure how Lois will come off in SUPERMAN...but I'm a little less worried she is being character assasinated for the benefit of a certain ship. Pak wrote her well all things considered.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-10-2015 at 07:20 PM.