Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel's Next Big Thing: Bendis, Marquez Talk "Invincible Iron Man"

Creators Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez are joined by Tom Brevoort and Axel Alonso to talk the post-"Secret Wars" phase of Tony Stark's life.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Excited!!!

I wish we didn't have to wait until Secret Wars was over to get this!

Niffleheim

Iron Man anchors the new Marvel Universe
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Tom Taylor's "Superior Iron Man" series was brought up next, with the team being asked how much that version of Tony will feed into this one. "I've been on top of this since he started 'Superior,'" said Bendis. "Everything in that run will be touched upon. Things in our book will happen because of that one. Nothing from Tony's life in terms of continuity will be ignored."

"You'll see that in the first or second scene in issue one," added Brevoort. "Where Tony is now, it's all result of where he's been over the last few years, from Tom and Kieron and Matt."
    So, it's a reboot?

I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Incredible Member

Does it bother anyone else that we already know how the first issue will end? It isn't out until October... I mean for real, to already know that Tony's parents are Richard and Mary Parker... Jesus Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    So, it's a reboot?

Absolutely! It's so obvious!

I know is stupid and childish for my partl..but i can't help to think "Cool armor is cool" but again cool armor is minimum for Iron Man(but not always...the popey crossing armor was awful)

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that we already know how the first issue will end? It isn't out until October... I mean for real, to already know that Tony's parents are Richard and Mary Parker... Jesus Christ...

Absolutely! It's so obvious!
    It more like picking out what you want from the events the last years(and other realities) and throw out the rest. It is rebootish but not a full reboot I see already a hell of contradictions coming to us in the flow of the stories.

Edit: What concern me the most is that Marvel says the rest is gone only the 616 still exists.

Edit2: On second thought it is exactly like DC 52 only that the character keeps more history. Yeah from that view it is a reboot.
    Last edited by TakoM; 06-10-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    It more like picking out what you want from the events the last years(and other realities) and throw out the rest. It is rebootish but not a full reboot I see already a hell of contradictions coming to us in the flow of the stories.

Edit: What concern me the most is that Marvel says the rest is gone only the 616 still exists.

Edit2: On second thought it is exactly like DC 52 only that the character keeps more history. Yeah from that view it is a reboot.
    Except it seems like everyone is keeping all of their history. I've not seen anything saying otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Except it seems like everyone is keeping all of their history. I've not seen anything saying otherwise.
    What is with Black Panther and Tony Stark if everything would be like before they would be wanted.
    There is also a long list of things which got damaged it is obvious that they don't want them to include in the new universe.

Edit: and on the other side they want thing around the Inhumans stay like they were shortly before the final incursion. This will create a lot of contradiction the causality of this new universe will be like Switzer cheese.
    Last edited by TakoM; 06-10-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Unfortunately I just can't get excited about this book. I love Bendis but Iron Man..... Probably give it a shot just for Bendis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    What is with Black Panther and Tony Stark if everything would be like before they would be wanted.
    There is also a long list of things which got damaged it is obvious that they don't want them to include in the new universe.

Edit: and on the other side they want thing around the Inhumans stay like they were shortly before the final incursion. This will create a lot of contradiction the causality of this new universe will be like Switzer cheese.
    It's eight months later. In real-world time, that's years of publishing. They probably were wanted and the whole mess has been sorted by now. And buildings getting repaired impossibly fast? I swear there is a company that actually DOES that. Damage Control, I think.

new face plate is a step down from the last several armors.
    The J-man

When he says nothing from Tony's continuity will be ignored, I immediately think about the time Tony killed a bunch of people, then died, then an alternate teen version of him showed up.

HAHA, will THAT factor into your new book Bendis?
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    When he says nothing from Tony's continuity will be ignored, I immediately think about the time Tony killed a bunch of people, then died, then an alternate teen version of him showed up.

Is that referring to the Kang/Heroes Reborn thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post

I had that same thought too. Just wait for Bendis to "handle" that right off the desk and into the paper shredder with all the other things he ignores.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that referring to the Kang/Heroes Reborn thing?
    Pretty much
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-10-2015 at 09:19 PM.