Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Civil War #1

The war never ended. And the deadly conflict escalates to new heights this July! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look at CIVIL WAR #1 - from chart-topping creators Charles Soule (Death of Wolverine, Inhuman) and Leinil Yu (Avengers)! Hero fights hero in the Warzone - and a nation stands divided. It has been six years since the fighting began. The forces of the Blue square off against the Iron, all at the command of their leaders - General Steve Rogers and President Tony Stark. When peace has failed, both sides will attempt to end the war once and for all! What is the top-secret Project Bellcurve and does it really hold the key to ending the war in one swift stroke? What damning data could undo President Stark's administration from within? And worst of all, what unseen enemies seek to exploit the Superhuman Civil War for their own gains? Find out as one of the biggest stories in Marvel history is reborn on Battleworld in CIVIL WAR #1! Whose side are you on?

Full preview here.

Great art as expected, interesting seeing Tony (if that is him) sporting some white in his hair....and another great Skottie Young cover that will go to my collection!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

That Skottie cover is hilarious, love it. Definitely one of the titles I'm most excited for.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Eh I expect great art from Yu but something is off..

Still getting it though..
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Something is "off" about the Skottie Young cover.

BANNED

I wonder if Everything else that occurred after Civil War will be mentioned in this mini. You know all the events that followed Civil War and changed the Marvel Universe further on the line.

Spectacular Member

Well this is for sure some sort of alternate timeline, because in the original Civil War Captain America surrendered so this could all get in the open, and he was assassinated on the steps of the courthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    That Skottie cover is hilarious, love it. Definitely one of the titles I'm most excited for.
    Yeah and resume the original Civil War pretty much to the point

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I wonder if Everything else that occurred after Civil War will be mentioned in this mini. You know all the events that followed Civil War and changed the Marvel Universe further on the line.
    Nope, because as you can see the events with Civil War end differently and someone blasted energy off through cloak, so things are different. Dark Reign, Siege, etc. Could have had happened, but already different.

BANNED

Leinil Yu sure can draw a suit! Damn, does President Stark look sharp!

Amazing Member

IM gonna make a prediction cap and Stark are both all your wrong No your wrong ! I thought I knew you but your a jerk! and Starks like I know you are but what am I ? Meanwhile as the battle rages and New YORK starts to resemble Chi-rack nobodys noticed that the SENTRY has gone Ape SH%T ! And by the time someone taps Cap or Tony on the shoulder to point at the great big nut bag in the sky there left with only one choice stop behaving like children and unite to save the world from the VOID !

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    Well this is for sure some sort of alternate timeline, because in the original Civil War Captain America surrendered so this could all get in the open, and he was assassinated on the steps of the courthouse.
    Of course it's an alternate timeline (actually, a piece of an alternate Earth). That's what Battleworld is made up of.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    All of Secret Wars is a collection of What If series. I called it months ago, back when most people here tore me a new one for even suggesting Marvel could waste our time with such a thing. But Marvel knew exactly how to market it to make everyone accept the idea, by the looks of the positive reactions to the plan.

The new Marvel U. will be back after Alonso and friends have told all these stories involving alternate versions of everyone that won't matter in a few months. In fact, I fear this may be Alonso's and Brevoort's great big cash-in on their way out.

Enjoy them as Elseworlds. Any other expectation will be met with disappointment.

They're going to try to tie in everything that sold well to keep as much of it as they logically can in the new Marvel U (Old Man Logan, perhaps?) but the stuff that didn't will just be forgotten as What If tales.
    Last edited by _underscore; 06-11-2015 at 03:23 PM.

I couldn't said it better:

Project Bellcurve - 6 years of Civil War reduces Super hero incidents from a maximum to zero. No need for SHRA.