Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    BANNED Wandacrystal22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    467

    Default

    I hate how Marvel is treating Spidey! Tony is NOT the face of the MU. It's your friendly, neiborhood, Spider-Man!

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    I hate how Marvel is treating Spidey! Tony is NOT the face of the MU. It's your friendly, neiborhood, Spider-Man!
    Marvel is treating Spider-man pretty well.

    Cartoons, games and movies coming up.

    Spider-man is still the face of Marvel but in-universe there's no problem with Iron man being the anchor.

  3. #18
    bye thx fish yet another's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Undisclosed location
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that we already know how the first issue will end? It isn't out until October... I mean for real, to already know that Tony's parents are Richard and Mary Parker... Jesus Christ...
    What?!

    Are Tony and Peter brothers now? Where did this come from, did not see it mentioned in this article?

    Sounds like a Bendis joke to me though.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    I hate how Marvel is treating Spidey! Tony is NOT the face of the MU. It's your friendly, neiborhood, Spider-Man!
    Marvel needs to diversify now that the X-Men have been shoved off a cliff. They need to promote solo Avengers far more than they have.

  5. #20

    Default

    I'm curious to see where this goes, but I'm not thrilled that he wants to pursue the stupid "adopted" storyline. I was actually hoping the Secret Wars would somehow undo that pointless revelation. I'm also not crazy about how BMB dumps on Iron Man's rogues in every interview. It's fine if he wants to add some new ones, but the classics are a lot of fun. Aside from Iron Man's greatest nemesis, The Mandarin, there's the Living Laser, Ghost, Spymaster, Madam Masque, and the armored foes. More recently, we also had Ezekiel Stane and the Hammer family. Just look to Matt Fraction's run to see a great mix of classic and new foes.

  6. #21
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    1 million B.C.E.
    Posts
    5,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banonsroar View Post
    I'm curious to see where this goes, but I'm not thrilled that he wants to pursue the stupid "adopted" storyline. I was actually hoping the Secret Wars would somehow undo that pointless revelation. I'm also not crazy about how BMB dumps on Iron Man's rogues in every interview. It's fine if he wants to add some new ones, but the classics are a lot of fun. Aside from Iron Man's greatest nemesis, The Mandarin, there's the Living Laser, Ghost, Spymaster, Madam Masque, and the armored foes. More recently, we also had Ezekiel Stane and the Hammer family. Just look to Matt Fraction's run to see a great mix of classic and new foes.
    I totally agree with everything you've stated. I love what Fraction did by upgrading Tony's rogues. I was really hoping they would get rid of Gillens storyline as well, but I love the way Bendis writes Tony and I like Marqeuz's art. So I'm looking forward to it. I just hope as you stated that he doesn't forget Tony's original rogues gallery.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  7. #22
    Nothing is safe TakoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    I hate how Marvel is treating Spidey! Tony is NOT the face of the MU. It's your friendly, neiborhood, Spider-Man!
    They can do whatever they like but it is the amount of sales who decide which is the really big guy at Marvel.

    The choice to make Tony Stark the front guys is when you look what he has been put through recently is a bit lunatic even if he would be a different Stark.

  8. #23
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    19,908

    Default

    Not a fan of the new suit, even if Tony is back to classic red and gold.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,269

    Default

    I dont like how the armor looks

  10. #25

    Default

    Ironman isn't my thing but I wish Bendis luck. Weird to think I've been reading something by Bendis at Marvel for the last 11 years or more.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    What?!

    Are Tony and Peter brothers now? Where did this come from, did not see it mentioned in this article?

    Sounds like a Bendis joke to me though.
    It's a me joke. We know the issue ends with the reveal of his parents, so I joked it's the other long-absent set of parents in the Marvel Universe. Though honestly... I'd read that story. Even if it is bad fanfiction.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,437

    Default

    The Parker thing is an obvious joke if for no other reason than it could move Stark into Sony's movie purview. There's no way that Marvel would take even the tiniest risk that Sony would gain the movie rights to Iron Man.

  13. #28
    Veteran Member jphamlore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    The other instant alternative is that through comic book science, Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter had two children, a boy and a girl, one who grew up to be Tony Stark, and the other who grew up to be the dream woman for Tony Stark ...

  14. #29
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,194

    Default

    The more I see the more excited I get.

    Honestly though the adoption thing doesn't bother me. Tony barely knew his parents anyway and made his own money. He probably if any differently wouldn't have needed the Stark fortune in order to be Iron man it probably would've just happened anyway. A possible solution to the adoption thing might have been to say Tony is still Howard's son just from a different mother from Howard's time as a swinging bachelor or Howard in a moment of weakness had an affair which wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for a Stark. Thusly Howard could've got his son back and thusly Tony and Arno are still brothers related through Howard again. Simple. Tony still gets to meet his Mom and her husband.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  15. #30
    Veteran Member jphamlore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The more I see the more excited I get.

    Honestly though the adoption thing doesn't bother me. Tony barely knew his parents anyway and made his own money. He probably if any differently wouldn't have needed the Stark fortune in order to be Iron man it probably would've just happened anyway. A possible solution to the adoption thing might have been to say Tony is still Howard's son just from a different mother from Howard's time as a swinging bachelor or Howard in a moment of weakness had an affair which wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for a Stark. Thusly Howard could've got his son back and thusly Tony and Arno are still brothers related through Howard again. Simple. Tony still gets to meet his Mom and her husband.
    In that scenario, the mother would almost certainly be Peggy Carter.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •