Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What interview is this from?
    He posted it on the Toonzone forums .

BANNED

I completely understand that you can't go to Bruce Timm and ask him to do a JL project and simply have him do the same thing he already did and did extremely well.

HOWEVER, does anyone really want to see more of this? A "Superman" murdering someone? Another instance of this character, even from an alternate universe, not exploring all options before taking a life? We know from the clip he has a fortress and goes off Earth occasionally. Why not use one of those routes to help the kid?

I also thought it was pretty cheap to have this guy pass up a group of civilians who needed help. Sort of a "screw you guys who complained that Superman didn't help more people in MoS!"

DC/Warner is seemingly fully devoted to iconiclastic deconstruction with all its DC properties outside of The Flash TV series. It's the only bright beacon of iconic supehero portrayals currently being produced by the company (though I guess we could also count Arkham Knight)

Incredible Member

It's not like he killed the kid against his will or anything. And he had only 5 minutes.

That scene felt more right that Zod's death in Man of Steel. This is the right way to have Superman do a dark deed, yet still feel he did the right thing. Even if it is another Superman.

I now realize why I like this scene better. This was euthanasia, the other was brutal murder. Superman doesn't look good doing brutal murder(when compounded with all the other violence and grittiness in the movie).

Do we know Supes human name in this movie yet? Isn't he supposed to have hispanic parents.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    This was euthanasia, the other was brutal murder.
    I'm not compelled to defend Man of Steel, but at least I hope we can all understand why this is a misleading statement.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm not compelled to defend Man of Steel, but at least I hope we can all understand why this is a misleading statement.
    Yeah, I hated the scene myself but even I wouldn't say it was brutal murder considering the situation. Superman was forced into doing it, with barely any options, and he didn't enjoy nor plan to do it. It's not like he violently and repeatedly punched Zod, which would've been a lot more brutal compared to what he actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What interview is this from?
    Toonzone forums. He used to post there more regularly during JLU, but he came back to reply to a user comment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I hated the scene myself but even I wouldn't say it was brutal murder considering the situation. Superman was forced into doing it, with barely any options, and he didn't enjoy nor plan to do it. It's not like he violently and repeatedly punched Zod, which would've been a lot more brutal compared to what he actually did.
    Oh, I get the point of the scene. But a neck snap is a pretty brutal sight.

It was not a comment on the character, but on the execution of that scene.

BANNED

hmm... very dark indeed...I like dark...but Superman killed a scared helpless innocent child... i wonder where all these will go with Batman, Superman (and we will probably see a scene with wonder woman at the same or similer darkness level) Wonder Woman...
    Last edited by Batarang; 06-12-2015 at 05:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think this was the best of the 3, but that's not saying much at all.

Watching the Batman one, I was just laughing the whole time. It's like a Mark Millar comic, but without any of the self-aware irreverence that makes it a little bit fun.

The Wonder Woman one is basically a generic superhero scene, but they add stabbings and implied sex, cuz you know, this is for adults!

The Superman one at least had some meaningful emotional punch, but still. After stuff like Watchmen and the Authority, I'm not sure why we're supposed to be impressed or even remotely interested in any of this. It's just doing a hackneyed cynical twist on superheroes that have been done to death, and in some cases, done way better.

I've never got the Timm DCAU worship, but still I expected better from him.

I said it elsewhere, but virtually my only interest here was the idea that it might have a completely different feel and atmosphere than the standard Timmverse stuff. But watching the previews, they all could lift right out of the original DCAU. And I tired of that ages ago.

The new take on Brainiac though I loved, and it was indeed an emotional sequence there.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-12-2015 at 07:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Seeing as the Wonder Woman short made romance (or at least sex) between Bekka and Steve clear, I can't help but wonder if Timm'll stick with the tradition love interests for the other characters. If so that Lois design is... disappointing to say the least. I mean it's a team movie so any romance will likely be nearly insignificant, but that's just a very bland and, for lack of a better word, unsexy Lois.

I heard a sad rumor, Brainiac was an experiment done by Sivana and the kid he used was...Billy Batson.

Its an alternate universe so on a scale between Superman and Ultraman, hes closer to Superman

The Superman one was the best, due to the reasons I listed above. The WW was kind of corny, which I suppose is a nice change of pace from the darker prior to episodes, but it seemed to lack any wow or punch. It felt like the big twist for WW was, "Look, she's not like regular Wonder Woman! She has sex!"

I'm still looking forward to the movie, but of the three previews, they were mostly just novelty in the regard that it was cool that WB spent the effort and money to make these free video shorts for us to view, and only the Superman one felt like a real look into the type of world we're going to get.

Love the Superman one. It's the most thought provoking of all three. I really felt for him and Brainaic and I guess this is where the grounding in reality comes to play that Timm talked about. Battles in real life can be heartbreaking. It's not always designed to make us feel good all the time. Sometimes doing the greater good causes pain...in fact many times.