Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Hickman Talks "Secret Wars" #3, Battleworld's Key Players

Jonathan Hickman discusses the latest "Secret Wars" reveals with CBR, including the key roles Doctor Doom and Doctor Strange play in the conflict.

Full article here.

A fairly informative interview. Good to get some clarifications and teases and Doom, Strange, Sue, and Johnny.

Really loving this event so far

BANNED

Oh wow, a different sue and johnny so the ones we knew did die. So no manipulation there. That i didn't expect, takes away that excuse. Bravo Hickman.

I am weirdly fine with them not being 616 versions. So are they creations of Doom? Leaves me with many questions of after Secret Wars.

Also, does that go for everyone on Battleworld?
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-10-2015 at 02:16 PM.

I don't think they are "creations," so much as survivors from one of the other incursion points that make up the various domains on Battleworld.

BANNED

Nice to get an interview with actual information and not vagueness. Alonso, Brevoort, take note. Anyways, I'm going to miss Hickman while he takes a break, but it is a well deserved break.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-11-2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: rude

Wow. Big reveal there. So...did 616 Franklin die as well?

Also good to see Hickman saying what many of us have already- that Strange is a great character that Marvel has really struggled to consistently use properly
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 06-10-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Are the Ben and Johnny after Secret Wars 616 or alternates? Could this be why there is no Fantastic Four? Because they are dead?

I have so many questions now.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

This is not going to come as a shock to anyone, but Marvel is okay with making a little bit more money, and stores are okay with selling a little bit more comics, and creators are okay with a little more royalties. Some people, of course, will not be happy with this so I guess I owe them an ice cream sandwich or something.
    Pretty lame way of putting it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Are the Ben and Johnny after Secret Wars 616 or alternates? Could this be why there is no Fantastic Four? Because they are dead?

I have so many questions now.
    From Hickman's comments... it sounds like the only true remaining 616 characters are Doom, Strange, the people on the 616 Raft and the Cabal. 2 people from 1610 -- Miles and Reed the Maker.

My suspicions were completely incorrect that Doom surrounded himself with the actual remaining FF members and Future Foundation from the 616 Raft portion that was destroyed. So really no confirmation of Ben from that group, but we know Johnny's current fate.

Of course, with things dropping from the sky, no telling who else might show up from the original Marvel U.

And he confirms the big reveal is really in #5 ( thus the cover changes). This goes along with #2 originally being the first issue. Oh well. I'm still enjoying it.

Pretty lame way of putting it.
    I didn't think so; just a pragmatic way. It's not like we don't know businesses do things to make a profit--and that goes for Marvel and comic shops. Plus, this benefits the writers and artists who get paid that much more.

Personally, I'm enjoying the majority of the tie-ins I've read so far. As long as I'm getting stories I enjoy and everyone is getting a little money, seems like a nice little win-win for everyone doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by AntoninoC View Post
    I didn't think so; just a pragmatic way. It's not like we don't know businesses do things to make a profit--and that goes for Marvel and comic shops. Plus, this benefits the writers and artists who get paid that much more.

Personally, I'm enjoying the majority of the tie-ins I've read so far. As long as I'm getting stories I enjoy and everyone is getting a little money, seems like a nice little win-win for everyone doesn't it?
    Yeah, that's how I see it too; I thought it was a pretty good interview. Kuwagaton must not like ice cream. (ooooooohh shots fired)

Not that it matters but when I read how he talks I imagine a big child ........is he like this?

Quote Originally Posted by AntoninoC View Post

Here here!

Such a great interview, I love Hickman's articulate nature. I'm so excited for the next issues!!!

Anyways, from the preview image it does indeed look like there will be a confrontation between the Cabal and Thors. For a while there I thought they were gonna go meekly to be judged, like Sinister.