Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

It was decent. I'll probably buy the second issue.

All-New Member

I normally don't do reviews, but since they made this spin off I had to vent somewhere.

To be honest, this comic takes a character out of a series and changers her in the most naive person you could imagine. On top of that this comic seems to come straight out of some of those teenage girl shows my little sister used to watch. People used to critique her previous incarnation as being over sexualised but this comic is actually doing more of that and it gets praised for it. At least back then they had a good explanation for it (guys banter, building a relationship,...), this time they say: the girl is naive she can't help it and everything is ok. It is as if most of people just like to jump on the bandwagon and both reviews of the now separated comics on CBR show that. They don't look at why some things were done they just criticise without thinking why certain things were done the part that had a bad name (because of some misconceptions that no one dares to touch) and over rate by a mile the spin off because it took away the so called part that was wrong, even tough on top of making the character the most shallow/naive person you'll see, they made her do worse things that she was criticised for doing in the first place with even less reason for doing so.

I'm not saying red hood and the outlaws was great, but it was a good pallet cleanser if you wanted a straight forward comic with 3 characters who had a good dynamic. In my eyes DC didn't only destroy a good thing that I liked to read between some of the more heavy material they published, they also made sure they ruined the part they removed from it.

I'm going to be a bit harsh, but unless you're a teenage girl or one of those guys who used to watch sex and the city because there was a 1 in 50 chance of seeing a boob, I really don't see how you can enjoy this.
    Last edited by PeterB; 07-03-2015 at 10:57 AM.

This first issue wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. I had heard so many bad things about it that I went into it without any expectations. So I was surprised when I actually sort of enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it was good, nor would I say it was bad. It was just kind of OK. So I might get the second issue, I might not. This is one title I'm sort of indifferent about.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender