Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Harley Quinn Comics

Hello,

I really want to read Harley Quinn comics, I've heard so many bad reviews about her New 52 run so I don't know if I should get those.

But I plan on getting "Batman Adventures: Mad Love" because it explains her origin and everything.

I'm on the fence about "Harley Quinn Preludes and Knock Knock Jokes" is it a good comic? Is it worth the read? I'm really interested in Harley Quinn.

Thanks.

Hello! Always glad to see another Harley Quinn fan

First of all, very good choice starting with Mad Love. I highly recommend picking up the Batman: Mad Love & Other Stories trade paperback (also available in a deluxe hardcover edition) which includes not only the original Mad Love story but also many other stories that involve Harley, Joker, and many other classic Batman villains. Not all of the stories are Harley-centric, but the ones that aren't are still a lot of fun.

Next, yes, I highly recommend the original Harley Quinn run, beginning with Preludes and Knock Knock Jokes! The entire run is currently out in trade paperbacks (and a couple hardcovers) and ends with volume 4: Vengeance Unleashed. Volume 4 is a different creative team so it's not quite the same as the original 3 volumes. My favorite volume from the series, by far, is volume 3: Welcome to Metropolis. Harley goes to Metropolis with Poison Ivy, runs into Superman, clones herself in Bizarro form, and even winds up in Hell! It's hysterical, the art is wonderful, and it's a lot of fun. But the entire series is great

Finally, the New 52 run. Personally, I rather enjoy the run, as do many others, but it's all a matter of preference. I will say that a lot of the negative reviews the New 52 run gets is because it's completely different from Harley's original solo series. She's got a completely different look, she's not following the Joker to the ends of the earth, and while Harley's original series had some really dark moments, the New 52 run has, for the most part, been full of silly, lighthearted exploits with dashes of dark humor thrown in. I've enjoyed the New 52 run a lot, but many haven't. Like I said before, it's all a matter of preference.

Anyway, hope that helps!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Hello! Always glad to see another Harley Quinn fan

First of all, very good choice starting with Mad Love. I highly recommend picking up the Batman: Mad Love & Other Stories trade paperback (also available in a deluxe hardcover edition) which includes not only the original Mad Love story but also many other stories that involve Harley, Joker, and many other classic Batman villains. Not all of the stories are Harley-centric, but the ones that aren't are still a lot of fun.

Next, yes, I highly recommend the original Harley Quinn run, beginning with Preludes and Knock Knock Jokes! The entire run is currently out in trade paperbacks (and a couple hardcovers) and ends with volume 4: Vengeance Unleashed. Volume 4 is a different creative team so it's not quite the same as the original 3 volumes. My favorite volume from the series, by far, is volume 3: Welcome to Metropolis. Harley goes to Metropolis with Poison Ivy, runs into Superman, clones herself in Bizarro form, and even winds up in Hell! It's hysterical, the art is wonderful, and it's a lot of fun. But the entire series is great

Finally, the New 52 run. Personally, I rather enjoy the run, as do many others, but it's all a matter of preference. I will say that a lot of the negative reviews the New 52 run gets is because it's completely different from Harley's original solo series. She's got a completely different look, she's not following the Joker to the ends of the earth, and while Harley's original series had some really dark moments, the New 52 run has, for the most part, been full of silly, lighthearted exploits with dashes of dark humor thrown in. I've enjoyed the New 52 run a lot, but many haven't. Like I said before, it's all a matter of preference.

Anyway, hope that helps!
    Thank you so much, I will definitely pick up the other version of Mad Love.

Wow, that sounds very interesting. What other characters are involved in that Harley Quinn run? I know there's Poison Ivy and Catwoman.

and Eh I don't know, I don't really like her new look either, I like her look in the Arkham games but not the clown look or the new look. I've read so many bad reviews so I guess it just isn't for me. By the way do you know the characters involved in "Batman:Hush" I plan on getting that soon.

Thanks a lot for your help!

No problem at all! Glad I could help

Let's see... flipping through my trades, there's Joker, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Superman, Bizarro, Nightwing, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, Oracle, Martian Manhunter, and even some Batman and Zatanna!

And I completely understand! I personally prefer Harley's old look myself but I also think she looks great in the Arkham games. Batman: Hush is a wonderful read and I definitely recommend you check it out! It's got beautiful art done by the legendary Jim Lee. Hush has a WIDE range of characters involved, including: Batman (of course), Catwoman, Joker, Harley Quinn, Huntress, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Superman, Lois Lane, Nightwing, Ra's al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, Tim Drake as Robin, Scarecrow, Lady Shiva, Jason Todd, Clayface, Riddler, and Two-Face. Hush really is a classic Batman story, so definitely check it out!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Incredible Member

On July 15, there is a BATMAN: HARLEY QUINN trade paperback coming out, which contains her post-Crisis introduction as well as assorted Harley Quinn stories which you'll probably enjoy.

Harley Quinn was the tipping point to getting me into Batman/DC fandom full-time. With that being said, her portrayal in The New 52 (and all media lately) has been distressing to me and I personally would not recommend her current series to anyone, but maybe you should flip through an issue or two and decide for yourself.

Who's in Hush? Um, well, pretty much everyone - I can't say too much without getting into spoilers, but if you're thinking about getting it, then yeah, go ahead. There is another book from the same writer called Batman: The Long Halloween, which I would definitely recommend and you might want to read before Hush (Maybe? I don't know, it's up to you.) But if you're already familiar with that book, sorry, don't mind me. :P

EDIT: Wrote this before quinnzel's last post, lel.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    I've heard so many bad reviews about her New 52 run so I don't know if I should get those.
    Really? I mean, I don't like it, it's not my cup of tea, but I've only heard good things about it from other people. It's sales were also pretty high as I understand, second only to Batman.

Bad reviews about the New 52, don't mean no good books.
    Harley Quinn on going solo book (issue #17 out this week) has been fun.
    Conner and Palmiotti are the kind of writing team that if you love there first book,
    you will love the rest.

Harleys appearances in other new 52 books have been meh (in the sense that Harley was adjusted to fit the script,
    when it was the script and all the other characters that should have been adjusted to fit Harleys appeal) .... in my opinion.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-bo...y-quinn-(2013)

HQ New52 run has an average score of 7.9 not quite sure where your getting the bad reviews from, but nonetheless it is a great book so much fun.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Gotham City Sirens book from pre-FP may be of interest. It was a book consisting of Harley, Ivy and Catwoman as a trio. Book was lots of fun.

Always Rakzo

The New 52 title is probably my favorite portrayal of the character. Is just pure insane fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    On July 15, there is a BATMAN: HARLEY QUINN trade paperback coming out, which contains her post-Crisis introduction as well as assorted Harley Quinn stories which you'll probably enjoy.

Harley Quinn was the tipping point to getting me into Batman/DC fandom full-time. With that being said, her portrayal in The New 52 (and all media lately) has been distressing to me and I personally would not recommend her current series to anyone, but maybe you should flip through an issue or two and decide for yourself.

Who's in Hush? Um, well, pretty much everyone - I can't say too much without getting into spoilers, but if you're thinking about getting it, then yeah, go ahead. There is another book from the same writer called Batman: The Long Halloween, which I would definitely recommend and you might want to read before Hush (Maybe? I don't know, it's up to you.) But if you're already familiar with that book, sorry, don't mind me. :P

EDIT: Wrote this before quinnzel's last post, lel.
    Oh thanks! is there any info on that title? Sounds exciting.

I don't know I guess I'll read an issue or two then decide for myself because right now some people are saying it's good and others are saying it's weird and a joke.

Oh what's the Batman: The Long Halloween about and what characters are involved?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Really? I mean, I don't like it, it's not my cup of tea, but I've only heard good things about it from other people. It's sales were also pretty high as I understand, second only to Batman.
    Really? That's good to hear.

I don't know, most of the ratings on comicvine for the issues range from 1-3 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Gotham City Sirens book from pre-FP may be of interest. It was a book consisting of Harley, Ivy and Catwoman as a trio. Book was lots of fun.
    I haven't heard a lot about that series, neither have I seen a lot of reviews for it. It must have been a lame title that nobody cared about, but the concept seems awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-bo...y-quinn-(2013)

HQ New52 run has an average score of 7.9 not quite sure where your getting the bad reviews from, but nonetheless it is a great book so much fun.
    That's great! Thanks for the site as well, it'll help with other comics.

And I don't know, people generally seem disappointed with the New 52's Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    No problem at all! Glad I could help

Let's see... flipping through my trades, there's Joker, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Superman, Bizarro, Nightwing, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, Oracle, Martian Manhunter, and even some Batman and Zatanna!

And I completely understand! I personally prefer Harley's old look myself but I also think she looks great in the Arkham games. Batman: Hush is a wonderful read and I definitely recommend you check it out! It's got beautiful art done by the legendary Jim Lee. Hush has a WIDE range of characters involved, including: Batman (of course), Catwoman, Joker, Harley Quinn, Huntress, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Superman, Lois Lane, Nightwing, Ra's al Ghul, Talia al Ghul, Tim Drake as Robin, Scarecrow, Lady Shiva, Jason Todd, Clayface, Riddler, and Two-Face. Hush really is a classic Batman story, so definitely check it out!
    Wow that's pretty awesome! Hush seems like it's the dream book for any Batman fan. It has all the characters! and I've read so many good reviews about it so yay.

and thank you so much, it's cool that Superman is involved in the old Harley run.

Your help is much appreciated!