Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Keep him away from Bruce and let him do his own separate thing for a good long time.And keep the Bat references at a minimum. Just my two cents

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The coolest thing about Nightwing is that as a Titan, Dick Grayson was allowed to grow outside of Batman's shadow.

The decision to downplay 'Wing's Titans connections in favor of the Batfamily has always been a big strike against the character.
    He went from being a leader of men to being a senior camp follower.

Mark Waid made the point that Dick Grayson was maybe the only guy in the DCU that everybody trusts and listens to,
    even Batman and Superman (and even when Bats and Supes didn't agree on much, they agreed on that).

The New52 didn't just downplay 'Wing's leadership of the Titans it took it away all together, giving those connections to Red Hood and Red Robin.

So the character's greatest in story achievement was retconned out.

Being Batman is only a temporary achivement for anybody who isn't Bruce Wayne.
    I love you man<3

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I know the reboot got in the way, but After his time as Batman, I really thought that Dick/Nightwing should have stuck with more of a Batman-ish costume. Both he and Bruce were both running around as Batmen, for a while, in costumes that were almost identical (except for cowl/cape color) -- why not have Dick stick with something like that, and just switch back to the Nightwing name?

None of the re-designs are perfect, but this is the general idea:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...242aa20d00.jpg

Maybe lose the cape, since Dick complained that it "threw of his balance", but beyond that, I think it's something that DC should have at least tried.
    Remove the cape from these and I really like them (especially 1 and 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The coolest thing about Nightwing is that as a Titan, Dick Grayson was allowed to grow outside of Batman's shadow.

The decision to downplay 'Wing's Titans connections in favor of the Batfamily has always been a big strike against the character.
    He went from being a leader of men to being a senior camp follower.

Mark Waid made the point that Dick Grayson was maybe the only guy in the DCU that everybody trusts and listens to,
    even Batman and Superman (and even when Bats and Supes didn't agree on much, they agreed on that).

The New52 didn't just downplay 'Wing's leadership of the Titans it took it away all together, giving those connections to Red Hood and Red Robin.

So the character's greatest in story achievement was retconned out.

Being Batman is only a temporary achivement for anybody who isn't Bruce Wayne.
    It's really hard to disagree with this. It's spot on. And while Daredevil is currently my favourite ongoing, I just feel a little depressed each time I read it because you could tell how great a Waid run on Nightwing would have been.
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

Everyone always gets it into their heads that Nightwing is like "Batman lite" when in reality Nightwing is the hero Batman wishes he could be. Grayson is every good thing about Bruce, with few of the negatives. He's not obsessive, paranoid, or a control freak. He's not abusive to his friends and family. He's happy. He's a great team player and a better leader. He's found a emotional balance in his life that has always eluded Bruce. And the irony is that if Bruce ever did find the inner peace that Grayson has, it'd destroy him.

A Nightwing solo has sold well, did sell well in the 52 despite being railroaded by endless Event tie-ins, and will most likely sell well again when Grayson makes his inevitable return to the costume.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nightwing's solo series was great up until that storyline where he let a lady commit murder and didn't try to stop her. Ever since then his stories have been dull and uninspired.

I'd say yes. I think all that needs to be done is let him be the star of his own show, explore his weaknesses, and not try to make him Batman lite (or Daredevil light for that matter).