Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 70
  1. #16
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    49

    Default

    What a cliffhanger to the latest issue (regarding Quon's revelation)! And as always, the next issue cannot come soon enough. Five issues in, and this is one of the best comics out there.

  2. #17
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Issue 5 was so great! The plot thickens and the cliffhanger was awesome!

  3. #18
    Incredible Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Rick View Post
    What a cliffhanger to the latest issue (regarding Quon's revelation)! And as always, the next issue cannot come soon enough. Five issues in, and this is one of the best comics out there.
    This is my favorite comic book at this time great art, great concept and great characters boy I love this comic.

  4. #19
    Incredible Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Issue 5 was pretty decent. The reveal at the end was pretty crazy. The issue was brutal, and next month we get to see the big climax to the first arc. I wonder what the stakes will be once the first volume is closed out. Predictions? I think Driller will die in a heroic fashion in the arena.
    Please don't let driller die.

  5. #20
    Boston Sports Fan Detox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    Please don't let driller die.
    I hope he doesn't either, but even if it's not in the pits, I get the feeling that he's gonna sacrifice himself at some point in the not too distant future.

  6. #21
    Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Yeah, I'm a fan. Initially picked it up because of the art (I mean, who wouldn't, really?) but have enjoyed the story too up to this point. Issue Five's cliffhanger was great, it feels like the story can really push into a higher gear now as a result.

  7. #22
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    This is my favorite comic book at this time great art, great concept and great characters boy I love this comic.
    Co-signed. It's the perfect book.

  8. #23
    Incredible Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Co-signed. It's the perfect book.
    It's Tintin on steroids.

  9. #24
    Senior Member El Sombrero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Another great issue. Lots of plot development and I really like Lemire's pacing with how he peppers in little (and big) reveals each issue. Quon's reveal was great and was nicely foreshadowed with stuff like how quickly he was ready to sell out Tesla last issue. Thought it was cool how the kitchen cook was spying on the UGC. I like how Bandit is adorable yet all the characters find him so annoying. The main cast here is such a great bunch.

    THEY CANNOT KILL DRILLER. I forbid it.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

    DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

  10. #25
    Timey Wimey Sans Simian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    The art was soooooo good this issue. Just amazing.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

  11. #26
    Incredible Member blackbolt396's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Another great issue. Lots of plot development and I really like Lemire's pacing with how he peppers in little (and big) reveals each issue. Quon's reveal was great and was nicely foreshadowed with stuff like how quickly he was ready to sell out Tesla last issue. Thought it was cool how the kitchen cook was spying on the UGC. I like how Bandit is adorable yet all the characters find him so annoying. The main cast here is such a great bunch.

    THEY CANNOT KILL DRILLER. I forbid it.
    Again not driller anybody but him.

  12. #27
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Do we know when 7 is coming or is 6 the last one? Hope not.

  13. #28
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Do we know when 7 is coming or is 6 the last one? Hope not.
    The tpb comes out in September for 1-6. It'll probably be back a month or 2 after that. It's planned to be like 24 issues or so. I don't see it ending before then.

  14. #29
    Yahtzee! quinnzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Themyscira
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    I'm also afraid Driller is going to die in the Arena. I hope not and that at the worst maybe he'll just be really badly damaged but I've sort of having that feeling of dread ever since they introduced Driller to the story that he won't have a good ending. I hope I'm wrong.

    How did everyone react to Quon's confession at the end of issue 5? It was a great twist, but I think I was sort of expecting him to say something like that so it didn't take me off guard quite as much. Quon seemed sketchy to me in the earlier issues after Telsa and the gang found him and I kept wondering why he wouldn't know anything about the Harvesters if he was the supposed father of robotics.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The tpb comes out in September for 1-6. It'll probably be back a month or 2 after that. It's planned to be like 24 issues or so. I don't see it ending before then.
    Only 24? That is both good and bad. Good because after long runs of series like the sixth gun, chew and morning glories it is nice to have a quick 2 1/2 year story. Sad because the art and story are sooo good!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •