Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I'm also afraid Driller is going to die in the Arena. I hope not and that at the worst maybe he'll just be really badly damaged but I've sort of having that feeling of dread ever since they introduced Driller to the story that he won't have a good ending. I hope I'm wrong.

How did everyone react to Quon's confession at the end of issue 5? It was a great twist, but I think I was sort of expecting him to say something like that so it didn't take me off guard quite as much. Quon seemed sketchy to me in the earlier issues after Telsa and the gang found him and I kept wondering why he wouldn't know anything about the Harvesters if he was the supposed father of robotics.
    I agree that Quon's twist wasn't that surprising but I was taken off guard with his torture. Severed limbs and water colors threw me for a loop there.
    I'm excited to get to the mystery behind the Harvesters and how Quon came upon this technology which now that I think about it, it's probably sentient.
    This is a really good series.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I agree that Quon's twist wasn't that surprising but I was taken off guard with his torture. Severed limbs and water colors threw me for a loop there.
    I'm totally with you there. Definitely wasn't expecting that and as brutal as it was, Dustin Nguyen still managed to make everything look great. Which sounds awful, but you get my drift
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I'm totally with you there. Definitely wasn't expecting that and as brutal as it was, Dustin Nguyen still managed to make everything look great. Which sounds awful, but you get my drift
    HA! Yeah this is such a beautiful book and I would even call some parts very adorable. I think that's what made the torture scene stand out so much.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

HA! Yeah this is such a beautiful book and I would even call some parts very adorable. I think that's what made the torture scene stand out so much.
    It did sort of sneak up on you reading it. Like, "Oh, okay, Quon's going to get threatened with--OH HIS HAND IS GONE WHAT."
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    It did sort of sneak up on you reading it. Like, "Oh, okay, Quon's going to get threatened with--OH HIS HAND IS GONE WHAT."
    Maybe he'll get a better hand...a strong hand

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

We can rebuild it; we have the technology!

"Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Maybe something with a little more power

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Well this thread's awesome factor just jumped by like 1000%
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Maybe something with a little more power

That is one of my favorite jackass moments. Awesome.

Well this thread's awesome factor just jumped by like 1000%
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    That is one of my favorite jackass moments. Awesome.
    Funnily enough, after posting that gif I went and popped that movie in cuz I had to watch it again.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Just caught up the past couple issues. I'm curious to see if the story takes a drastic change of direction after Quon's confession. Like, perhaps focus more on who actually DID develop robotics, or the mission/adventure of finding him/her, etc. I dunno, I always think of Suicide Risk and how after the first 2 arcs it did a 180 in what the story was actually about. I find that stuff both fascinating and potentially disappointing. But I definitely see potential in turning this into an epic story about them finding the true robotics master, perhaps he/she has transcended into some Harvester god or maybe is just a gray-haired hermit.

It's funny too, b/c as I was reading I always kept thinking "how old is Quon? He does't seem 'old enough' to be the father of robotics, unless the progress of robotics was exponentially fast."
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

comics aren't just f kids

Best simile ever.

The art in this book is amazing, and Quon's scene at the end of issue 5 was definitely surprising but I have to disagree with some of the people on here that there is a lot of plot development. We didn't really learn anything in issues 2-4. Issue 1 was a very strong start but the series dipped almost immediately in my opinion. I thought issue 5 WAS a return to form though and am excited about how the arc might end in issue 6.

Issue 7 dropped today. The twist was predictable, but at least they didn't drag it out over multiple issues thinking we wouldn't figure it out. This arc should be fantastic, there are a lot of moving pieces after the revelations and events of this issue.

I'm loving this series so far. The writer and artist are 2 of my favorites.