Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This comic will be 50% less fun if the robot dog doesn't return.

Fantastic Member

Good to have descender back! #7 was really good. I guess Lemire wanted us to figure out who the new charater was, because there were so many hints, but again his introduction was good. I hope we will see Driller, Bandit and Tullis soon.

Liked it, asides of last page "surprise" reveal. It would have been enough if he just said his name to the bounty hunter. Due to Tim mentioning him by name at the start and his unhealthy interest in Tim, I think most of us would have figured it out if he said only name. Instead he told everything to person that he met couple of minutes ago... felt completely unnatural.

Amazing Member

Great issue here with #7. 1, 4, 5, and 6 have been the best in my opinion and this is right up there with those. The first 5 pages are as good as it gets as far as art goes. Great sequence. Also like the wide title screen quite a bit. Theyve gone pretty Star Wars with this issue. More so then the first arc but whose countin.

The reveal at the end may have been kind of predictable, but I loved it regardless. This book is amazing.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Finally caught up on reading the last four issues and I love it. Thought the initial few issues were fine, obviously looked great but didn't really hook me as much as I'd hoped, but that's completely changed now. The more characters/worlds that Lemire introduces, the more into it I'm getting.

Certainly looking forward to where the imagination of both writer and artist take this book now!
    Last edited by Danny Rand's Other Fist; 02-09-2016 at 07:23 AM.

I know originally this was planned to be 24 issues or so according to Lemire and I noticed in a recent letters column of an issue, it's gone up to 40 or so. Couldn't be happier. This is my favorite book being published right now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I know originally this was planned to be 24 issues or so according to Lemire and I noticed in a recent letters column of an issue, it's gone up to 40 or so. Couldn't be happier. This is my favorite book being published right now.
    I will be picking up Descender, Black Science, Injection, Low, and the new Batman tomorrow. Looking forward to all 5 and will probably read Descender first. The cover looks like it might be the best cover since issue 1. Though all three covers in the new Arc have been really strong.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

This most recent issue (#18) was amazing. Two really cool twists that could change the whole series! Just top notch stuff.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 01-22-2017 at 11:08 AM.

This series is awesome. Lemire is one of my favorite writers right now. And the water color artwork is just pure greatness.

It's my favorite Image series and I say that without hesitation.. I also say that while pulling Lazarus, LOW, East of West, and Southern Bastards. Can't wait to read the latest issue.

Anyone read #22 yet? Kicked off Rise of the Robots, which is being billed as an "event" for the book. Lemire has said that the book was originally going to end after this, but it's going to continue with many more stories planned. Thought it was a real good issue though. Badass moment for Dr Quon too.

All-New Member

I've been keeping up with it. I think I like Black Hammer more, but everything by Lemire is worth reading IMO.

Great series, I have actually been buying both covers during Rise of the Robots, the normal cover and the wrap around cover. Both are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    Great series, I have actually been buying both covers during Rise of the Robots, the normal cover and the wrap around cover. Both are awesome.
    How can you not get the wrap around cover? So much Dustin Nguyen goodness.