Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Fantagraphics aren't collecting all their Carl Barks books into slipcases, are they? Going to be making a bigger focus on buying those this year but I wasn't sure if the books not collected into slipcases so far will be in the future at all as they seem to be grouping them thematically rather than chronologically (and I know, of course, that they're printing the entire series out of order).
    I registered just so I can post info on this. I wanted to know same thing as you guys , so I wrote to Gary from FBI - here's just the part relevant to this issue:

"Also , is there any way to know which volumes od Disney collections are you going to release slipcased. I had to trade some of the FB Don Rosa and C.Barks books I had, because those came out later in slipcase sets (I have all 3 so far , not counting Gotfredson volumes which are slipcased from beginning) and I just had to have those "

and here's Gary's reply :

"All of the Duck books will be slipcased eventually. Since we're not publishing the Carl Barks books in chronological order those cased sets will be coming out at different times. The Rosa books, like the Mickey books, the case will be available with every second book. "

regards...

PS: this conversation with Gary is from october 2014.

I got a chance to look at IDW's Timeless Tales Donald Duck hardcover book. The book is TP but the comics look slightly smaller than the issues.

Also the paper nice but not glossy at all. I ll pick these up if I can find them used somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I got a chance to look at IDW's Timeless Tales Donald Duck hardcover book. The book is TP but the comics look slightly smaller than the issues.

Also the paper nice but not glossy at all. I ll pick these up if I can find them used somewhere.
    tp? Like "trade paperback"? they supposed to be hardcover. Or you mean the size, like standard size?
    just ordered Uncle Scrooge, hopefully arrives today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    tp? Like "trade paperback"? they supposed to be hardcover. Or you mean the size, like standard size?
    just ordered Uncle Scrooge, hopefully arrives today or tomorrow.
    sorry I did mean trade paper back in size.

sorry I did mean trade paper back in size.
    ah alright, should have it this afternoon then I can get some pics if anyone's interested.

so here they are, table is a bit messy, sorry about that.
    Binding is...well, yeah.... But the paper is nice.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by austin777 View Post
    I registered just so I can post info on this. I wanted to know same thing as you guys , so I wrote to Gary from FBI - here's just the part relevant to this issue:

"Also , is there any way to know which volumes od Disney collections are you going to release slipcased. I had to trade some of the FB Don Rosa and C.Barks books I had, because those came out later in slipcase sets (I have all 3 so far , not counting Gotfredson volumes which are slipcased from beginning) and I just had to have those "

and here's Gary's reply :

"All of the Duck books will be slipcased eventually. Since we're not publishing the Carl Barks books in chronological order those cased sets will be coming out at different times. The Rosa books, like the Mickey books, the case will be available with every second book. "

regards...

PS: this conversation with Gary is from october 2014.
    Somehow I missed this response but thanks very much. That's kind of nice actually, because I already find it near impossible to keep up with everything I want from Fantagraphics, which is a lot.

Amazing Member

so here they are, table is a bit messy, sorry about that.
    Binding is...well, yeah.... But the paper is nice.
    Thanks for the pics!

I haven't read any Duck stories outside of those written by Barks or Rosa. Any comments on the comics themselves?
    Last edited by whatsinaname; 05-23-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    Thanks for the pics!

I haven't read any Duck stories outside of those written by Barks or Dora. Any comments on the comics themselves?
    haven't read them yet, donno when I'm gonna get around doing it I have a huge backlog it all depends on what mood I'm in ATM.

Next Barks and Rosa Library volumes:

- "Uncle Scrooge: The Lost Crown of Genghis Khan" for May

https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disneys-...=fantagraphics

- "Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck: The Treasure Of The Ten Avatars" (Rosa Library vol. 7) for June

https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-U...=fantagraphics

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Next Barks and Rosa Library volumes:

- "Uncle Scrooge: The Lost Crown of Genghis Khan" for May

https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disneys-...=fantagraphics

- "Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck: The Treasure Of The Ten Avatars" (Rosa Library vol. 7) for June

https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-U...=fantagraphics
    nice, thanks! Still need to read the previous Barks and some of the Rosa volumes, probably getting around it during the holiday season, feels like a holiday read.

I broke down and bought the uncle scrooge timeless tales 1. I'll see how much i like this before I decide on the other ones. Its hard to spend money on these instead of just saving and buying the fantagraphics books instead.

I broke down and bought the uncle scrooge timeless tales 1. I'll see how much i like this before I decide on the other ones. Its hard to spend money on these instead of just saving and buying the fantagraphics books instead.
    they are basically the same price but the Fanta books have a better build quality. Still need to read the Donald and Scrooge Timeless Tales volumes but it looked fun.

they are basically the same price but the Fanta books have a better build quality. Still need to read the Donald and Scrooge Timeless Tales volumes but it looked fun.
    I've only got the first MM volume myself. IMO the TT books are the way to go if you plan on following the current Disney comics as each one collects a couple TPBs of the ongoing books. The TT books have a nice mix between new to USA stories and some nice reprints by people like Murry, Bradbury and Strobl.