Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lazerbeat View Post
    They are all in stock on amazon except the Color Sundays which is now going for crazy prices.
    Sundays is in stock on Amazon.ca for CAD $50. That's probably pretty reasonable in US dollars right now, even with shipping.

I have problems finding the second box set in Italy...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    I have problems finding the second box set in Italy...
    Cheap-comics.com still has that in stock as well as the sundays box. They're based in the Netherlands and will ship to pretty much anywhere AFAIK, just send them a mail beforehand to figure out the shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Cheap-comics.com still has that in stock as well as the sundays box. They're based in the Netherlands and will ship to pretty much anywhere AFAIK, just send them a mail beforehand to figure out the shipping costs.
    it's 14.95 euros to the UK but it's up to 32 lbs, so it usually doesn't worth it if you just buy one book but the more books you get in one order the more it will worth the shipping price.

Got my first Carl Barks and Don Rosa books in. They look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Got my first Carl Barks and Don Rosa books in. They look awesome!

shame the Barks books are not oversized as well. Started reading Christmas for Shacktown along with Steve Ditko's Creeper, the 2 books are basically the same page count and size but the Fanta Ducks are waaay superior quality wise (and better price too).
    Got the other 2 Barks sets and the first 2 Rosa hc-s today along with the Mickey set vol 5-6. Bit too much stuff to read I think I will start Mickey next to see how it is.

This fall's Fanta volumes:

Donald Duck: The Secret of Hondorica

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...=books&sr=1-11

Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck: The Universal Solvent

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...s=books&sr=1-4

Mickey Mouse: Planet of the Faceless Foes

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...s=books&sr=1-5

The Barks volume looks like the volume immediately following Seven Cities of Gold, the until-now latest the series has gone. We're edging closer towards breaching the 1960 barrier.

This fall/winter's boxed sets are up on Amazon now. I've got my orders in for the Mickey and Don Rosa ones (I get Barks as they come out).

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    This fall/winter's boxed sets are up on Amazon now. I've got my orders in for the Mickey and Don Rosa ones (I get Barks as they come out).
    the question is, should I get the 2 Rosa books when they come out or wait until October...hmmm. Probably gonna wait since it will be somewhat cheaper I think.
    And if I'm not mistaken the Barks box set is gonna be a double dipping with the Christmas set (Christmas on Bear Mountain)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The Barks volume looks like the volume immediately following Seven Cities of Gold, the until-now latest the series has gone. We're edging closer towards breaching the 1960 barrier.
    It's common consensus that Barks' strongest material was the late '40s to the early '50s, and it's hard to deny that. I mean: The Golden Helmet, The Ghost of the Grotto, Christmas For Shacktown, Letter to Santa, The Old Castle's Secret, Lost in the Andes, Only a Poor Old Man, and Back to the Klondike. That stuff speaks for itself!

... but I'm really fond of how crazy Barks gets in the '60s. I love stories like North of the Yukon, The Micro Ducks From Outer Space, and The Many Faces of Magica de Spell. I know Magica was Barks realizing that Scrooge's treasure quests could be seen more like grave-robbing and she was his answer to give him an apolitical challenge. I suppose all the wacky outer space stories came from a similar desire?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    And if I'm not mistaken the Barks box set is gonna be a double dipping with the Christmas set (Christmas on Bear Mountain)?
    It looks like the old Christmas boxed set is going to be retconned out of the regular boxed set series. unfortunate for those who have all the boxes already.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    It looks like the old Christmas boxed set is going to be retconned out of the regular boxed set series. unfortunate for those who have all the boxes already.
    but they said they wont box set every book so maybe the other one will be only in the Christmas set.

quick question

why is IDW publishing Disney comics? And not Marvel?

it it simply that they got the license before the Marvel purchase?

^Marvel's just not interested in publishing the classic Disney books, and have made the license(s) available. In the case of Fantagraphics, apparently Disney was thinking of putting out a Barks library themselves several years ago, but realized they'd probably never get around to it and made the deal with Fantagraphics. I think this was before the deal with Marvel.

But I'm glad! Marvel likely wouldn't be given these properties the love they're getting now. There's a metric ton of Disney comics being released nowadays:

Fantagraphics got the license for doing artist-themed collections of Carl Barks, Don Rosa, and Floyd Gottfredson. IDW got the rights for publishing the classic comic characters that compromise the 'Core Four' Disney books (Uncle Scrooge, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, and Walt Disney Comics & Stories) and are also publishing collections of classic newspaper strips (aside from Gottfredson's Mickey, of course), Joe Books has the license to Disney's movie and TV characters and are about to put out Darkwing Duck and Disney Princess comic series and have been putting out 'Cinestories' (comics made from screencaps from movies and TV shows) for a while now. Papercutz, publishers of digest-sized graphic novels for kids, have been putting out Tinkerbell books for a few years, and they're going to start putting out ones with classic characters like Mickey and Donald (have no idea how this squares with IDW's license).
    Last edited by Angilasman; 02-22-2016 at 04:18 PM.