Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Not too long ago, I did an online search for the DuckTales/Darkwing Duck: Dangerous Currency collected edition and found some copies available at www.amazon.com (it had a limited print run)... Expensive...

^I bought Joe Book's Darkwing Duck omnibus (still haven't read it), and I wonder if they'll release that DuckTales stuff as well... and weren't they supposed to be working on new Darkwing comics?

- oh jeez, just after I typed that last sentence I checked twitter and saw that Joe Books is gonna release a DuckTales 'cinestory' volume, i.e.: screenshots from the cartoon made into a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^I bought Joe Book's Darkwing Duck omnibus (still haven't read it), and I wonder if they'll release that DuckTales stuff as well... and weren't they supposed to be working on new Darkwing comics?

- oh jeez, just after I typed that last sentence I checked twitter and saw that Joe Books is gonna release a DuckTales 'cinestory' volume, i.e.: screenshots from the cartoon made into a comic.
    I've got the Darkwing Duck: The Definitively Dangerous Edition, too... Haven't read mine yet either.

The first Don Rosa box set is OOP and going for crazy prices... I've ordered the second one immediately. Don't wanna risk

^Yeah, I noticed that. My copy of the second Rosa box is already bought for Christmas. I'd better get the Gottfredson box sets I don't have yet...

Not getting the Barks boxes, so no worries there!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^Yeah, I noticed that. My copy of the second Rosa box is already bought for Christmas. I'd better get the Gottfredson box sets I don't have yet...

Not getting the Barks boxes, so no worries there!
    For Barks I have the complete italian edition. Gottfredson's box sets are on my wishlist, but I don't think they're gonna go OOP soon...

...and now I see that the second box Mickey Mouse box set is "temporarily out of stock" on amazon. Do you think it is really "temporarily" out of stock and will come back available soon or else? I was going to order the first box, but now I'm not so sure anymore

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    ...and now I see that the second box Mickey Mouse box set is "temporarily out of stock" on amazon. Do you think it is really "temporarily" out of stock and will come back available soon or else? I was going to order the first box, but now I'm not so sure anymore
    When I spoke with them a few months ago they told me that chances are slim of them reprinting the boxsets. Demand is good enough to sustain the numbers for future books but not enough to warrant the boxsets to be done again. Though individual volumes may be kept in print for longer. I see the same with their Complete Peanuts line where their boxsets will slowly become oop as well.

All-New Member

The first Don Rosa box set is OOP and going for crazy prices... I've ordered the second one immediately. Don't wanna risk
    People on Amazon are asking literally thousands of dollars for it. This seems insane. I assume as prices are all very similar, thay are being adjusted automatically by some kind of algorithm? There must have been a rogue sale that pushed the bell curve up or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_NL View Post
    When I spoke with them a few months ago they told me that chances are slim of them reprinting the boxsets. Demand is good enough to sustain the numbers for future books but not enough to warrant the boxsets to be done again. Though individual volumes may be kept in print for longer. I see the same with their Complete Peanuts line where their boxsets will slowly become oop as well.
    I was going to order the first two sets together... but now I think I'll order just the second one (from Italy). If it is available, then I'll order the first one too.

Amazing Member

I was going to order the first two sets together... but now I think I'll order just the second one (from Italy). If it is available, then I'll order the first one too.
    I got lucky and got the first Don Rosa box set with a preorder. But I missed out on the OOP Peanuts box sets. There has to be someone out on the internets that can custom make box set for books. I remember back in the early 2000s there was a third party place that would make custom box sets for anime dvd volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    I got lucky and got the first Don Rosa box set with a preorder. But I missed out on the OOP Peanuts box sets. There has to be someone out on the internets that can custom make box set for books. I remember back in the early 2000s there was a third party place that would make custom box sets for anime dvd volumes.
    for me it's not even the boxes themselves but the good deal that I can get 2 or more books in a box and they are even cheaper than the individual volumes. Until they go oop and then it's crazy price time.

aaaaand just bought the Barks Donald and Scrooge box sets.
    Read the first book in the 2nd Rosa slipcase and thought it was really fun so decided to get these books. Even if I don't like them I just wait 6 months or a year and sell them for the same price or more (but I plan to keep them obviously).

What's the deal with the Christmas gift set? It has half as many pages as the others but costs the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    What's the deal with the Christmas gift set? It has half as many pages as the others but costs the same.
    The books are all roughly the same size, so it must be an error.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    aaaaand just bought the Barks Donald and Scrooge box sets.
    Read the first book in the 2nd Rosa slipcase and thought it was really fun so decided to get these books. Even if I don't like them I just wait 6 months or a year and sell them for the same price or more (but I plan to keep them obviously).

It has approximately the same amount of pages. It contains the Christmas on bear mountain book and a Christmas for shacktown both of which are equatable size to the other barks volumes.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Brewman; 12-31-2015 at 02:14 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?