Page 192 of 198 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 2966

I really am enjoying the new series... there’s just one thing that is kind of bugging me. I’m usually a fan of Allreds color work but it’s really not working for me here. The night scenes aren’t reading as night scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Does anyone here hear Pfeiffer’s voice every time they read Catwoman? More than a quarter-century later and I still do.
    I mean, she’s basically stolen exact shots from Batman Returns for issue 2 and her costume is basically the Returns one minus the ripped sections and the open armpits. I still don’t like that the gloves separate from the sleeves though.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 08-11-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Top Ten for July

BATMAN #50
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1
    CAPTAIN AMERICA#1
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK #6
    SUPERMAN #1
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2
    X-23 #1
    CATWOMAN #1
    BATMAN #51
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...8-marketshare/
    5 DC, 5 Marvel. Balance.

5 DC, 5 Marvel. Balance.
    I mean, that's one way of spelling duopoly.

BANNED

Never mind

5 DC, 5 Marvel. Balance.
    OTOH, 9 male characters, 1 female character.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    OTOH, 9 male characters, 1 female character.
    Isn't X-23 a woman?

On the other hand, everyone is white…

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I really am enjoying the new series... there’s just one thing that is kind of bugging me. I’m usually a fan of Allreds color work but it’s really not working for me here. The night scenes aren’t reading as night scenes.

I mean, she’s basically stolen exact shots from Batman Returns for issue 2 and her costume is basically the Returns one minus the ripped sections and the open armpits. I still don’t like that the gloves separate from the sleeves though.
    I like that part, the short gloves and cutouts make an otherwise standard Catwoman costume look fresh and new.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Isn't X-23 a woman?

Didn’t the creator confirm she’s a lesbian? If so, diversity?

Isn't X-23 a woman?

Whatever sells, I don't buy comics based solely upon diversity rather what entertains me. For example, I love Miles Morales to death but find Riri Williams an annoying weak character. Similarly, part of the reason I plan on adding Superior Octopus to my pull list is Anna Maria Marconi. My decision is not based on Anna Maria being a little person but rather her being an intriguing, dynamic character with a love of science and a tell it like it is personality.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-12-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I like that part, the short gloves and cutouts make an otherwise standard Catwoman costume look fresh and new.
    It just seems impractical to me. The sleeve feels like it should be connected to the glove. The rest is cool though. I love the mask change and no more goggles (though I loved the Cooke design when it was drawn properly... by Cooke/Stewart).

Isn't X-23 a woman?

Sorry, don't read the book or know anything about it. If it is a female character, cool. Just nothing in the title that clued me in this was about a woman. Okay, 2 females, 8 males. Still a large gap.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Anyone pick up Catwoman/Tweety and Sylvester this week? I thought it was really surprisingly delightful. Selina teams up with nearly every DC Cat and Bird-themed character, with Black Canary providing a strong supporting presence, and Simone provides a really clever plot backed by Inaki Miranda (who's become something of a go-to artist for Selina since his run on the title from #47-52, and returning with Batgirl #13).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Did anyone else read the last issue? spoilers:
    Maggie Kyle is back.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 09-12-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

CATWOMAN #3 was pretty good, but Selina has been too slow and weak in this series, taking hits from novices. I understand she is upset over Bruce and hasn't been sleeping. But she has faced much harder times and still maintained her speed, reflexes, and skills as a gymnast and martial artist. But the artwork is great. I LOVE seeing her in her new costume. The writing is good, but I'd like it to pick up the pace.

I like Joelle Jones, I enjoyed meeting her at the Heroes Convention, but I wish she would just do the art of the comic and have a better writer do the scripts and plotting.

Joelle Jones has created an interesting villain and I like her side characters. She has a similar vibe to Valentine I think. While I would like to see the story progress a bit faster as well, especially because every Issue gives limited story points to talk about, I tent to enjoy slow Catwoman arcs for whatever reason. The smoke bomb scene made me chuckle. It was stupid but just so unexpected.
    As for the tease... I do wonder how that plays into the story and/or ungoing arcs. And what their relationship is at the moment. I guess spoilers:
    Maggie
    end of spoilers is her reason for being in Villa Hermosa.