Page 11 of 198 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

I love all the varying artistic interpretations with Catwoman -- like Batman, almost any style can work...

Here's a few headshots:

Great pics you've been finding, ABH. Love 'em!

Always kinda seemed to me like Lee Meriwether gets a little overlooked in the line of Catwomen, but she's one of my favorites.

My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    What's everyone's take on Will Pfeifer's run? Just got the wonderful Brubaker trades and I'm wondering if I should continue from there.

Don't have any experience whatsoever with Pfeifer's writing, but I've heard mixed to negative reviews and from the TPB descriptions the plots don't look so good with Holly taking over and Selina having a baby... I just don't know.

The main draw for me so far is David Lopez as penciller for most of the run, and those amazing Adam Hughes cover who might just be the ultimate Catwoman for me.
    For me the Adam Hughes covers are the only really great thing about the Pfeifer run. And the Pete Woods' art on #44-52 was pretty spectacular. But, as for the rest of it - mneh.

But, I will say to Will Pfiefer's credit - his run doesn't suffer clearly as much as the current Nocenti run. His Catwoman is very captivating and well written. But, what his run does suffer from is the story plot-points... *WARNING-SPOILERS* I mean from the making Selina a mom, to the Incestual Baby-Daddy Drama, and then you have the Zatanna Mind Control, to the whole Black Mask being Murdered, Pfeifer just leaves much to be desired.

And as far as the David Lopez art, it's okay... His Selina isn't the same classy chic Selina from early in the run, and can we talk about the coloring? Brown Hair? Blue Eyes? A Blue Catwoman Costume? (I get that occasionally Selina's eyes are blue, but there are some odd color choices throughout his tenure on Catwoman). He also drew my least favorite version of the Cooke/Brubaker Costume (i.e. her boots). But, overall his art wasn't horrible.

So, overall - I would say try it if you want a read a continuation of the story that Brubaker laid out. But, just know it's not going to be nearly as groundbreaking.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 06-25-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: meow.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Anybody have this? Published in 2004. I picked it up several years ago at a Crown Books liquidation sale for about $5. I've always loved these "Visual Guide" reference books by Dorling Kindersley (DK), and also have ones for Batman, James Bond, Spider-Man and Indiana Jones.
    Yes, I love the DK Catwoman Guide, I also love the great little book "Catwoman: The Life and Times of a Feline Fatale," it's a cute, witty guide to the history of Catwoman up to the beginning of the Brubaker/Cooke Catwoman.

Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    Yes, I love the DK Catwoman Guide, I also love the great little book "Catwoman: The Life and Times of a Feline Fatale," it's a cute, witty guide to the history of Catwoman up to the beginning of the Brubaker/Cooke Catwoman.

Have to hunt me a copy of that. Those Russian aliases are new to me. Since they're revisiting her origin again wonder if they'll make something out of it to pick up one of those Winick flashbacks

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

More Selina in this trailer. Camren delivers.

@chipsnopotatoes
    Thanks! The Villains trailer looks great. I can't wait to see Camren's young Selina!

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Wow those are the coolest Catwoman pics I've ever seen, especially that first one.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    @chipsnopotatoes
    Thanks! The Villains trailer looks great. I can't wait to see Camren's young Selina!
    It is a bit odd that she's in the "villains" trailer, yet she's on the "heroes" side of the poster.

Anyone read todays issue? I decided this is my last issue until there is a new writer. I am really not enojoying it anymore and half of it doesn't make sense. How did Catwoman get that car to South Asia... where the hell did Rat Tail come from? Why did Gotham City Cops travel to South Asia to stop the race...??

@Punisher007
    It is a bit odd that she's in the "villains" trailer, yet she's on the "heroes" side of the poster.

And note how in the poster she's on the right with the good guys but up on fire escape, not exactly standing with them.

I think the ambiguity is perfect since Catwoman has (at least since Year One) been in between a villain who murders and a hero who always combats wrong.

Even when black suit Selina was the protector of the East End playing the good guy, she wasn't just a simple law enforcement hero: no killing people not in "the game," no drugs with kids and no stealing from East End folks were her rules. Sort of "law enforcement lite" in comparison to Batman's binary right and wrong approach. And even in the 90s, purple suit Catwoman who stole like crazy would occasionally have moral moments and do the right thing to help someone. And she never murdered (except Black Mask but that was very exceptional).

Anyway, I hope and think the Gotham producers have done their Selina/Catwoman homework. I can't wait to see!