Page 42 of 198 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    BANNED

More glimpses -- Catwoman teaser
    Last edited by chipsnopotatoes; 04-25-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Awesome to finally have Catwoman confirmed to be in the game .

Great! Was worried she wasn't going to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post

More glimpses -- Catwoman teaser
    I'm surprised you've been following so close with Arkham Knight, ChipsNo - was under the impression the Arkham-verse Catwoman wasn't your cup-of-tea ;-)

But, completely pumped about her inclusion in Arkham Knight - was definitely worried that she was just going to be a side notes like she was in Arkham Asylum or not even mentioned in Origins (yeah, she was a major player in Blackgate, but that doesn't count). And, her inclusion in the 'persons of interest' makes me think she's playable again! *crosses fingers and holds breath* I guess we'll find out in the trailer in 2 days!

Still, it was pretty bold for Rocksteady to hold this so close to their chest up until TWO MONTHS to the release!

SELINA KYLE

DESCRIPTION:
    An orphan who learned to survive on the mean streets of Gotham, Selina Kyle turned to thievery to survive. Determined to do it with style, she learned martial arts and trained in gymnastics to perfect her skills.

Her criminal activities are tempered by a reluctant altruism, making her an inconstant villain and occasional hero. She maintains a complicated, adversarial relationship with Batman that frequently turns flirtatious and occasionally romantic.

Little is known about her movements since the closure of Arkham City, but a string of high-profile burglaries suggests she is still at large in Gotham.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 04-25-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: meow.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    I'm surprised you've been following so close with Arkham Knight, ChipsNo - was under the impression the Arkham-verse Catwoman wasn't your cup-of-tea ;-)

But, completely pumped about her inclusion in Arkham Knight - was definitely worried that she was just going to be a side notes like she was in Arkham Asylum or not even mentioned in Origins (yeah, she was a major player in Blackgate, but that doesn't count). And, her inclusion in the 'persons of interest' makes me think she's playable again! *crosses fingers and holds breath* I guess we'll find out in the trailer in 2 days!

Still, it was pretty bold for Rocksteady to hold this so close to their chest up until TWO MONTHS to the release!

SELINA KYLE

DESCRIPTION:
    An orphan who learned to survive on the mean streets of Gotham, Selina Kyle turned to thievery to survive. Determined to do it with style, she learned martial arts and trained in gymnastics to perfect her skills.

Her criminal activities are tempered by a reluctant altruism, making her an inconstant villain and occasional hero. She maintains a complicated, adversarial relationship with Batman that frequently turns flirtatious and occasionally romantic.

Little is known about her movements since the closure of Arkham City, but a string of high-profile burglaries suggests she is still at large in Gotham.
    I wasn't until it showed up on my Twitter feed. I immediately thought of you, dear.

Anyway, I like her face a lot more without the heavy eye make up. I can't place who she looks like.

Extraordinary Member

I really liked the redesign for all three Sirens faces; Harley's got a fuller and youthful face, Ivy's got a classical beauty, and Catwoman's got a more lean and "athletic" face, I guess.

And one of the more fun things to just find in Origins were the Falcone/Kyle references, and the scratches outside her apartment.

And it sounds like the next trailer is going to reveal er as one of his allies and presumably on a roster of playable characters with Robin, Nightwing, and Azrael.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I wasn't until it showed up on my Twitter feed. I immediately thought of you, dear.

Anyway, I like her face a lot more without the heavy eye make up. I can't place who she looks like.
    Aw, well thanks ;-)

So, I instantly placed who I thought she looked like - and it would make purrfect sense for the Rocksteady team to base her face on the one and only Simone Simon who played Irena Dubrovna in Cat People and The Curse of the Cat People.

Simone Simon's face is so beautiful, and feline-esque which is why Val Lewton planned for someone with petite features like Simone Simon when he wrote Cat People - he was thrilled when they actually got her for the part.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 04-25-2015 at 09:03 PM. Reason: meow.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Arkham-verse Catwoman is best current Catwoman.

So hell yeah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklefist View Post
    Arkham-verse Catwoman is best current Catwoman.

So hell yeah.
    Gotham Catgirl is best current Catgirl

Btw, Tickle and Catboy, I heard from a friend they bypassed Paul Tobins pitch to write Catwoman in favor of Nocenti back in 2012

Gotham Catgirl is best current Catgirl

Btw, Tickle and Catboy, I heard from a friend they bypassed Paul Tobins pitch to write Catwoman in favor of Nocenti back in 2012
    Which, coincidentally, was the last time I bought an issue.

-Or-

WTF are you kidding me?

That new render looks amazing. I wasn't a big fan of Ivy, so I was a little worried what they were going to do to Selina short of not including her at all. Pleasantly surprised.

It's a pipe dream for sure, but I hope Rocksteady makes a full-on Catwoman game sometime after they're done with Arkham.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

The new "All Who Follow You" trailer has debuted. Not as Selina-centric as I wanted, but she still is looking great of when she is included. We'll see if she's making out with any thugs this time around...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post

The new "All Who Follow You" trailer has debuted. Not as Selina-centric as I wanted, but she still is looking great of when she is included. We'll see if she's making out with any thugs this time around...
    That narrator's voice bugs me. He's not scary sounding plus he's obviously reading from a script.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Just posted yesterday. A special edition of DC All Access called "Top 6 Killer Catwoman Moments."

Strongly disagree with the #1 spot as it was a storyline detail that totally put me off the book for a spell. Maybe replace it (on the list if not in the top spot) with Selina's Deux ex Meow turn in the climax of the first JLA Prometheus story or her rematch with Zeiss from "War Games."
    Catfile story is pretty hard to beat though. :-)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-28-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Spectacular Member

Do you think Catwoman is eventually going to be cast in the new DC universe film franchise?