Page 154 of 198 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2966
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I want a Catwoman book by an author who really likes Catwoman. Perhaps if we got authors writing her book or a special 6-12 issue that REALLY likes her, then maybe we would get a better book.

Either her or Goeff Johns. He likes her too.
    Yea i was happy when i saw selina in justice league of america i was happy and when rebirth came and made justice league of america in rebirth without the original cast i was kind of sad. I liked the selina and martian man hunter team up

catwomanthief12-1.jpg
    Is good to see how much Selina understand Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think B:TAS Catwoman was just a "damsel in distress."
    She basically needed Batman to save her in most of her episodes.
    "Cat Scratch Fever" she needed Batman to save her.
    "Almost Got Im" she needed Batman to save her.
    "Tyger Tyger" she was kidnapped and turned into a cat.
    It's clear that the animated series writers had no idea what to do with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    It's clear that the animated series writers had no idea what to do with the character.
    And she was still an active presence in those episodes, so she did more then just be a "Damsel in distress."

I'd also reiterate that I think the show was able to capture Catwoman as a whole quite well even if there were times where she needed to be saved by Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    I think they knew. All of those episodes plus other episodes she was in, Cat could take care of herself. But when you dealing with bad people, lol, it's good to know the Bats will save you and help you out. Now, he has always done that for her since the Golden Age comics.

And her presence in that cartoon was felt because WB wanted and almost had a Catwoman cartoon spin-off. Dini said they also wanted to do a Catwoman animated movie as well for years, but plans fell through. So however she was being portrayed as, the audience loved her and she was a fan favorite.

Geoff Johns is also trying to get Catwoman in the DCEU. So hopefully we get Catwoman back in animation and/or in a movie soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    catwomanthief12-1.jpg
    Is good to see how much Selina understand Bruce.
    This was great arc. I know that it wasn't a romantic arc BUT it showed something that a lot of writers had never shown them as, friends. I mean he had a full scholarship ride for Helena, and that wasn't even his child. PLUS the teddy bear was too cute! Loved Tim Drake in the Cat books, LOL!

And this Selina looked great too, with the long hair and those eyes!

Spectacular Member

there has been rumors that Selina is going to be in the Nightwing movie

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    there has been rumors that Selina is going to be in the Nightwing movie
    Makes sense! They have a long history as well. I mean they go back all the way to 1940 too!

But if they put her in the movie, they most likely would have her as a straight up villain.

This is my favorite panel! I mean he put a baby seat in the car for Selina's daughter!

tumblr_oy9bqhFizy1wwgvomo1_1280.jpg

Brian Bendis as the writer of a new Catwoman series. Great idea or that sounds horrible?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Brian Bendis as the writer of a new Catwoman series. Great idea or that sounds horrible?
    I dunno.

I'm not sure if Bendis would get Selina but it would certainly be a big name to attach to her solo book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think B:TAS Catwoman was just a "damsel in distress."

As she said it herself "Never trifle with the affections of a woman."

I think the show did a good job of capturing her personality, attitude, and complicated relationship with Batman and the law quite well. And more often then not I definitely still read Adrienne Barbeau as Selina.

That being said, I also really enjoyed her in The Batman and loved the design they gave her .
    I disagree. For me, Catwoman was my biggest grievance with BTAS. She was bloody incompetent and overall just had very few redeeming qualities as a character. Her episodes were some of the WORST in the entire show. I also didn't like the blonde design, it worked for Pfeifer-Selina, but it doesn't work in a vacuum IMO. And then the blue-skinned design...just wtf.

She was more entertaining in The Batman and her DC Showcase short.

Quick for those reading Metal.

In the latest Metal one-shot, Batman: Lost; was that Selina as the "woman on the table" about to be sacrificed? It seemed like there were people from his life that were playing certain "representations" and then there were people that were there as themselves. I mean she looked exactly like Selina Kyle would look BUT the book is so trippy I wasn't sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Quick for those reading Metal.

In the latest Metal one-shot, Batman: Lost; was that Selina as the "woman on the table" about to be sacrificed? It seemed like there were people from his life that were playing certain "representations" and then there were people that were there as themselves. I mean she looked exactly like Selina Kyle would look BUT the book is so trippy I wasn't sure.
    No that was some woman from Morrison's Bat-epic. It was curious because she didn't look like Selina then, but whatever. It sure looked like her in Lost, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Hmmm, I don't know. I think pre-proposal, yes. I don't know if how he would right her now that she is engaged to Bats. I mean, don't get me wrong, he could certainly write her as a East End vigilante and he would probably do a good job with that. But he doesn't seem to be into Batman so he may write her extremely independent. So independent, you might forget she is engaged to the Bats.

Remember, she is on his list (with about 50 other characters) that can "beat Batman", lol!