Page 2 of 198 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

do any of you have the Brubaker new editions? I have the old TPBs but I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy the new ones.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

I got my fiance into comics mainly through catwoman. I'm a big fan of the burbaker series, great run. Only read the first two arcs of the new 52 run.....meh. Sounds like it got real bad, sad to hear
    https://www.bigglasgowcomicpage.com/.../kinkerkorner/ My pop culture lists. Got an idea for a list? Gimme a shout.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Eternal will finally give 100% confirmation as to whether or not Carmine Falcone is her father? I kind of hope so.

@Michael24
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how she's portrayed by Camren Bicondova in the Gotham series. She's pretty, and when I saw the first official picture of her, I was struck by the resemblance to a young Michelle Pfeiffer. Which is perfectly fine with me, because she remains my favorite live-action Catwoman. The goggles look like a nice touch, too. I've watched a couple of her dance videos on Youtube, and holy cow this girl has some mad skills.

I agree with all of this. If Camren has some acting skills and is well written and directed, she should be fantastic. I can't wait to see Gotham!

She's been dancing since she was 6, so 8 years now. Here's Camren at 14 dancing, she solos at 55 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc4i2FUcKLU#t=0m55s

She mega-fit, even for a dancer. Dance is #1 but her #2 activity is distance running. Plus, she said once she does 100 sit ups and 100 push ups everyday in addition to her homework. This might be in her genes: Camren's dad is a Navy SEAL; here they are after a workout:

Lastly, on Cam's resemblance to a young Michelle Pfeiffer here's Michelle Pfeiffer from 1985 age 27 and Camren Bicondova from 2014 age 14. Camren's got green eyes like Selina!
    Last edited by heyevaxx; 11-28-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yes, many people have commented on how much Camren looks like a young Michelle Pfeiffer. It's kind of eerie actually. Oh and I've seen some videos of her dancing online. She's really athletic so she could definitely pull off action scenes. And holy crap those abs.

Jeez! I wish I had abs like that. LOL!

Browsing online last night, I was surprised by the lack of affordable Catwoman figures. Most of what I could find are $200+ statues, which are out of the question for me, but even some of the figures are going for $30 or $40+. The DC Direct Arkham City Catwoman, though, is cheap enough, so I was thinking about getting it. It looked a little iffy in some pictures, but a couple review videos I watched on Youtube made it look better.
    Last edited by Michael24; 05-04-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

BANNED

Camren is going to grow up into a gorgeous young lady. I can't understand why her young Catwoman pics elicited so much negative comments. I recall IGN commenters were particularly vicious. Now, THAT is a board in need of a reboot.

Oh, I know. Well, I've never actually been to IGN, but I've seen it elsewhere, and I just think to myself "You people really have nothing better to do than make hateful comments about a 14 year old girl?" It's really sad and pathetic.
    My Blog | Tumblr

BANNED

From Gotham trailer. Bruce looks like he's about to jump off Wayne Manor while Selina watches on. I think these two will definitely meet before they become their alter egos

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chipsnopotatoes; 05-05-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

There's some potential for the show to use Bicondova's athletic abilities to give us some training for Bruce as he learns how to prowl the skylines.

Someone else already suggested that she may be a witness to his parents' murder, like in the failed musical idea. It'd be interesting to see them tie the two kids together via the same tragedy.

They will definitely know each other. It's been stated that Selina is a young streetwise orphan who befriends Bruce Wayne after the death of his parents. I keep watching that Gotham trailer over and over. Just looks so awesome.
    My Blog | Tumblr

Welcome back Selina! I missed these parts and I come back to *poof* everything's gone.

I have mixed feelings with how DC has been handling her lately, Nocenti's book has been flat-lining for me - but Snyder has big plans for her being the new Gotham King Pin in Eternal. I just hope that they have plans for her solo book past that with a new direction (and team) like Grayson.

Thought it would be cool now that they did a soft-reboot on the forum to say what my first version of Catwoman was, and what's my personal definitive version.

My first introduction to Miss Kyle is the Pfeiffer/Burton iteration. It was 1992-1993, I was four years old. Michelle Pfeiffer came on the screen and it was over. Then the Animated Series just solidified it.

My definitive Catwoman comes to a dead three-way tie. All I have to say is Cooke/Brubaker, Sale/Loeb, and Adam Mother-Loving Hughes.

I mean, come on, Mister Hughes...

Glad to be back!
    Last edited by CatBoy; 05-05-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    do any of you have the Brubaker new editions? I have the old TPBs but I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy the new ones.
    I have all of the original TPBs but I have been picking up the new trades because they collect all the fixins' like Selina's Big Score and Secret Files and Origins AND it will collect all of Brubaker's run on Catwoman instead of cutting off at #24 like the original Volume 4: Wild Ride - and then picking back up at (ugh) Pfeifer's Run with Volume 5: The Replacements.

I also enjoy that they pack more in to each TPB, so it's easier to carry around. Perfect Travel Companions.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 05-05-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: meow.

I haven't checked out Brubaker's series yet. I picked up the first trade at my LCS awhile back, and was surprised by how cartoony the artwork was. Not really what I expected for a Catwoman book, so it seemed kind of odd. However, I've noticed that the artist changed after those early issues. Was there a big difference in the artwork after that, or did the second artist maintain a similar style?

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    I mean, come on, Mister Hughes...

Oh, wow! That looks great. What is that from?
    My Blog | Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I haven't checked out Brubaker's series yet. I picked up the first trade at my LCS awhile back, and was surprised by how cartoony the artwork was. Not really what I expected for a Catwoman book, so it seemed kind of odd. However, I've noticed that the artist changed after those early issues. Was there a big difference in the artwork after that, or did the second artist maintain a similar style?
    With Brubaker's inititial run they kept variations of that Darwyn Cooke style up to #24 (but changed it up a little in between) with Cameron Stewart doing the majority of them with 13 Issues (his style resembling close to Cooke's). Then it turned to Gulacy (who is also one of my favorite Catwoman artists) who picks up at #25 to the end of Brubaker's run at #37. With Gulacy, the style became more realistic and continued with Pete Woods (who is also phenomenal - even though I wasn't a fan of the turn of the book) #44-#52 and then with David Lopez (mneh) from #53 to the end.

(Paul Gulacy, Pete Woods, and David Lopez)

What I will say is: do yourself a favor and read Brubaker's series - even if you're not a fan of the cartoony style (I already stated that personally Cooke's Catwoman is one of my definitive versions of Selina). It is really great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Oh, wow! That looks great. What is that from?
    Batman: Black and White #6. God, I wish Adam Hughes could do more Catwoman. *shakes fist at DC*
    Last edited by CatBoy; 05-06-2014 at 08:10 AM. Reason: meow.