Page 1 of 198 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Selina Kyle: Catwoman Appreciation 2018

Thread: Catwoman (Selina Kyle) Appreciation
    Time to restart our appreciation of the world's greatest thief, femme fatale, ready to whip, cat-like acrobat, apple of Batman's eye, Gotham parkour champion, not good, not bad, always shades of grey (purple and black), the incomparable, the amazing Catwoman!
    Catwoman from Batman: Outlaws #2 2000-10

Original splash pic: Catwoman (2002) #37 Character Driven 2005-01
    Last edited by heyevaxx; 10-24-2015 at 07:58 AM.

BANNED

Wow. We were close to 2000 posts in the other thread. Pity it was nuked.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I love Selina.

Sadly, her current book is just painful to read right now. Hopefully she'll get a better writer and a better storyline sometime soon, so I can enjoy her awesomeness again.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Favorite Feline(Female) In all of comics. Hopefully she get's a ongoing relaunch soon, until then lets hope Eternal picks up the slack with the Selina love! I hope at some point again in the future we can see Selina in her Zero Year costume again, I thought it looked great.

Cheers to Selina and the relaunch we all deserve.

I am looking forward to the Bombshells variant.

Discussing Catwoman comics with you guys was pretty fun. Goodbye.

I like her too, she is my second favorite female character after Wonder Woman and my second favorite ship with Batman after Superman and Wonder Woman, and then there's Zatanna...

I managed to get all the volumes and reading the current one, even when it doesn't exactly have the best of writing she is still pulling some sales above one solo shots and her book keeps going. I also hope to get a new creative team maybe Azzarello might have some project regarding her as he briefly mentioned it in one episode of DC all access.

I'll always love Selina/Catwoman. If/when the book gets back on track, I'll be glad to start picking it up again.

BANNED

BANNED

Detective 31's variant. Don't know if Catwoman's even in it. Her own book doesn't get one. Even if she outsells Batwoman.

A gorgeous Mike Allred variant featuring Batman 66' Catwoman (Eartha or Newmar) would be too good for the current Catwoman series. >__>

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    A gorgeous Mike Allred variant featuring Batman 66' Catwoman (Eartha or Newmar) would be too good for the current Catwoman series. >__>
    You could say the same for the Dodson covers.

BANNED

I picked up Catwoman 30 today on a whim. I'm surprised I didn't hate it. It still has Nocenti's annoying quirks (shortcut dialogue, tell rather than show, etc.), but the overall plot is interesting enough and some things piqued my curiosity. For instance, I'd like to understand what is Nocenti's thing with teeth. I remember the Joker's dentures featured prominently on the cover of issue 13 or 14?).

While I'm not a fan of Oliffe's emaciated Selina, I like that he put her in a purple gown. It reminded me of her classic costume.

I love how she has taken more and more of an anti-hero in recent years. She is sexy, smart, charismatic, and deep down has a good heart even though she is a thief. She's not out to actually harm anyone unless they deserve it I guess. I'm enjoying her and Batman working together in Forever Evil. It would be interesting if they got together for a while.

I love Catwoman. My favorite female character, and probably a Top 5 overall favorite. Was always taken by her winning combination of sexiness and intelligence, and her ability to seriously kick butt. I like her best when she's the thief-with-a-heart, but I'm curious: has she ever been portrayed as an actual "bad guy," or has she pretty much always been more of an anti-hero since her creation? I've never read the earliest stories with her.

I keep hearing a lot of bad stuff about the current series, but I'm still trying to catch up. I read the first volume and enjoyed it, but haven't gotten a chance to read the second and third ones yet. But my favorite Catwoman series will probably always be the '90s one, especially the early years. Loved Jim Balent's work and how he drew her. That's been my favorite version of the character, and I wish there were more TPB volumes besides the one "Catfile" collection.

And I have to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing how she's portrayed by Camren Bicondova in the Gotham series. She's pretty, and when I saw the first official picture of her, I was struck by the resemblance to a young Michelle Pfeiffer. Which is perfectly fine with me, because she remains my favorite live-action Catwoman. The goggles look like a nice touch, too. I've watched a couple of her dance videos on Youtube, and holy cow this girl has some mad skills.

Last edited by Michael24; 05-13-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010