Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 2966

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My biggest issue with Hathaway's Catwoman is that she never uses a whip .

(I guess another pedantic issue is they never once call her Catwoman in the movie).
    I am trying to remember if Julie Newmar/Eartha Kitt/Lee Meriwether ever used a whip either. So not having a whip isn't an instant disqualification.
    Julie Newmar did use the claws though. I remember a scene where she cut a hole in a glass case using her claw.

Ultimate Member

I know that Selina is much more than just her sex appeal but I've always felt that it was an intrinsic part of her, equal parts smart and equal parts sexy, the old you can't have one without the other, and in the movie I just bought Hathaway as a thief, but not really as Catwoman and thought that anything between her and Bruce in the movie was...lacking, she didn't feel to be his equal...that unless you knew the history in the comics and such you'd not think of them on par with the other...it was like having Catwoman without actually having Catwoman…

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I know that Selina is much more than just her sex appeal but I've always felt that it was an intrinsic part of her, equal parts smart and equal parts sexy, the old you can't have one without the other, and in the movie I just bought Hathaway as a thief, but not really as Catwoman and thought that anything between her and Bruce in the movie was...lacking, she didn't feel to be his equal...that unless you knew the history in the comics and such you'd not think of them on par with the other...it was like having Catwoman without actually having Catwoman…
    I thought Hathaway was gorgeous as Catwoman.

Nothing against Hathaway, but whenever I see her, I just can't get this out of my head;

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Nothing against Hathaway, but whenever I see her, I just can't get this out of my head;

I don't understand why people hold some movies that were released in 2001 and 2004 against her
    the last movie was released 7 years before her casting as Selina

no actor/actress wants to be judged by work that they have done many years ago
    they definitely don't want to be typecasted

she did other movies before and after Princess Diaries movies, and they were different from role in Princess Diaries movies

I never even thought of the movies when I found out she was cast as Selina

a lot of people were holding Mr. Mom movie against Michael Keaton when he was cast as Batman
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-15-2018 at 10:45 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

So the January solicitations reveal Penguin drops by, and this is how Selina learns about everything going on in Gotham

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...0/15/dcjan.htm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am trying to remember if Julie Newmar/Eartha Kitt/Lee Meriwether ever used a whip either. So not having a whip isn't an instant disqualification.
    Julie Newmar did use the claws though. I remember a scene where she cut a hole in a glass case using her claw.
    Yes, they used a whip.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So the January solicitations reveal Penguin drops by, and this is how Selina learns about everything going on in Gotham

Absolutely stunning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I don't understand why people hold some movies that were released in 2001 and 2004 against her
    the last movie was released 7 years before her casting as Selina

no actor/actress wants to be judged by work that they have done many years ago
    they definitely don't want to be typecasted

she did other movies before and after Princess Diaries movies, and they were different from role in Princess Diaries movies

I never even thought of the movies when I found out she was cast as Selina

a lot of people were holding Mr. Mom movie against Michael Keaton when he was cast as Batman
    It was how I was introduced to Anne Hathaway. I know, typecasting and all, but I can't help it and chuckle whenever she popped up in the film.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Oh, that's simple. Because that's the only, last, or most memorable movie they saw with that actor. So that's the only memory or at least the strongest memory they have of them. Logically, they have a life, different movies and they develop their skills beyond those movies, but for people who only know them from certain movies, it's like time stopped for them. Then the news feel like it came out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-18-2018 at 04:55 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Huge Selina fan, but I’ve been out of current DC for quite awhile. How’s Joelle’s run thus far? She looks gorgeous, but I don’t want to get burned again.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Huge Selina fan, but I’ve been out of current DC for quite awhile. How’s Joelle’s run thus far? She looks gorgeous, but I don’t want to get burned again.
    I'd say it's quite good. Effective visual storytelling, a strong grasp of Selina's character, and a creepy villain.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'd say it's quite good. Effective visual storytelling, a strong grasp of Selina's character, and a creepy villain.
    Thank you! I’m so excited! I started loving Winick’s run, but it just got progressively worse with each issue. Nocenti’s run was all over the place, and I was just bored with Valentine & Tieri’s runs. Anyway, I’m glad this new series is great thus far. I’ll look for the new series on my next trip to the lcs.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

I can't wait! I'm still loving the art and the new costume! It's going to be great having Penguin guest star!

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

I replicated one of Jim Balent's images from the 90's, specifically from "Catwoman Year Two", part two, but put her in her new costume. Balent's artwork introduced me to Catwoman comics and defined her face and overall look for me. However I love the new costume and wish I could see Balent's rendition of it; the same for Jim Lee as well.

20181011_024513.jpg
    Last edited by Huntsman1117; 10-19-2018 at 10:30 AM.