Page 101 of 198 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2966

Haley Bennett is serving up some Selina-esque energy in a few of her Instagram posts
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BP-ewXrBNMB/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BP8eeSkBsql/

And this drawing of her is damn near dead on Adam Hughes Catwoman
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfWNHshKxN/

And just for fun...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BN5LJkgBlcV/
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-08-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MzTropiqWonder View Post
    Harley Quinn is a character that has been created more recently compared to Catwoman and Poison Ivy.. so symbolically it's ok she's in her 20's but Catwoman and Poison Ivy should be in the late 30's/40's.. Besides with all the hype with Christie Brinkley and her daughters on sports illustrated promoting that age is just a number DCEU should make the same kind of message by choosing talented actresses who matches Ben's status and age.. Like Charlize Theron for Catwoman and Rosamund Pike for Poison Ivy.
    To be fair, Haley Bennett is 29 and will turn 30 (possibly 31 too) before Sirens releases. So even if they establish Selina as being in her early 30's in the DCEU, she can still get about 10-12 years of history as Catwoman. That age difference with Ben Affleck is there but they could say Bruce Wayne is 40-41 in the DCEU to reduce the gap to about 10 years.

This is obviously assuming she is indeed the pick instead of her just pulling a Sean Young and fiercely campaigning for the role. I agree that your picks for Selina and Pamela are much better (there were rumors floating about that WB/DC were in talks with Rosamund Pike and Jessica Chastain so hopefully one of them gets cast as Ivy instead of the dreaded Megan Fox).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    To be fair, Haley Bennett is 29 and will turn 30 (possibly 31 too) before Sirens releases. So even if they establish Selina as being in her early 30's in the DCEU, she can still get about 10-12 years of history as Catwoman. That age difference with Ben Affleck is there but they could say Bruce Wayne is 40-41 in the DCEU to reduce the gap to about 10 years.

This is obviously assuming she is indeed the pick instead of her just pulling a Sean Young and fiercely campaigning for the role. I agree that your picks for Selina and Pamela are much better (there were rumors floating about that WB/DC were in talks with Rosamund Pike and Jessica Chastain so hopefully one of them gets cast as Ivy instead of the dreaded Megan Fox).
    The thing is if they were doing just a Batman movie then you could have picked a talented supporting cast for Catwoman, but because she's going to be in the Gotham Sirens movie Catwoman and Poison Ivy should be played by the creme of Hollywood. Margot Robbie is a luck of the draw because she's talented and hot at the moment, but I don't think she can pull off a movie on her own just yet, she need big names by her side who are just as hot as her but older.

To me Rosamund Pike's based on her performance in Gone Girl, felt more like Poison Ivy than Catwoman, plus her lily white skin would look great with vibrant red hair, as for Catwoman, she needs to be played by an actress who can do action, comedy, and complex characters as well as have the same kind of status a Ben Affleck e.g Zoe Saldana, Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron .. reason being that Catwoman and Batman are often portrayed as equals.. All the gals I've mentioned are familiar with Ben or worked with him and they have on screen chemistry with him too.. Plus DCEU hiring those experienced actressed would reflect that women, who are older are not obsolete.. Althought we never got much of an on screen progression of these characters (Catwoman and Poison Ivy) in the same way we got Batman it be interesting for the movie to set what these women do in the future which hasn't been overly done or not done at all in comics..

The thing is if they were doing just a Batman movie then you could have picked a talented supporting cast for Catwoman, but because she's going to be in the Gotham Sirens movie Catwoman and Poison Ivy should be played by the creme of Hollywood. Margot Robbie is a luck of the draw because she's talented and hot at the moment, but I don't think she can pull off a movie on her own just yet, she need big names by her side who are just as hot as her but older.

To me Rosamund Pike's based on her performance in Gone Girl, felt more like Poison Ivy than Catwoman, plus her lily white skin would look great with vibrant red hair, as for Catwoman, she needs to be played by an actress who can do action, comedy, and complex characters as well as have the same kind of status a Ben Affleck e.g Zoe Saldana, Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron .. reason being that Catwoman and Batman are often portrayed as equals.. All the gals I've mentioned are familiar with Ben or worked with him and they have on screen chemistry with him too.. Plus DCEU hiring those experienced actressed would reflect that women, who are older are not obsolete.. Althought we never got much of an on screen progression of these characters (Catwoman and Poison Ivy) in the same way we got Batman it be interesting for the movie to set what these women do in the future which hasn't been overly done or not done at all in comics..
    One thing to note is that Robbie is one of the film's producers and if it weren't for her and her breaking out in Suicide Squad, this movie wouldn't even be greenlit. I don't know how influential she will be (she did get an initial writer for the outline of the movie), so there is a good chance Harley Quinn is front and centre (and if the casting of Nancy Kerrigan of her upcoming Tonya Harding film is anything to go by (Robbie's also producing and starring as Harding), she may ensure the actresses for the other two villainesses aren't Hollywood A-List who would easily overshadow her).

Regarding a Selina Kyle with history and experience, as long as they don't go the Dark Knight Returns madam route, I'm good. Interestingly, the DCAU was the first to retire Poison Ivy from villainy (revealing in the spin-off comics that she had settled down with Alec Holland in the jungles of South America).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    One thing to note is that Robbie is one of the film's producers and if it weren't for her and her breaking out in Suicide Squad, this movie wouldn't even be greenlit. I don't know how influential she will be (she did get an initial writer for the outline of the movie), so there is a good chance Harley Quinn is front and centre (and if the casting of Nancy Kerrigan of her upcoming Tonya Harding film is anything to go by (Robbie's also producing and starring as Harding), she may ensure the actresses for the other two villainesses aren't Hollywood A-List who would easily overshadow her).

Regarding a Selina Kyle with history and experience, as long as they don't go the Dark Knight Returns madam route, I'm good. Interestingly, the DCAU was the first to retire Poison Ivy from villainy (revealing in the spin-off comics that she had settled down with Alec Holland in the jungles of South America).
    Margot Robbie may be one of the film's producers, but she's young and she doesn't have the experience and enough influence with the likes of Ben Affleck for instance. Most of the superhero movies have always used A-list actors mixed with new comers and good scripts to have a successful movie wether it's DC franchises or Marvel franchises they have always used that mix.. Movies who took short cuts to this fact have always failed e.g Catwoman movie had all talented A-list actors but bad script/story which bombed or Superman Return had bad timing, (should have been done in the 80's) and the A list actor was Kevin Spacey and maybe James Marsden, they alone couldn't carry the movie.
    DCEU cannot make anymore mistakes with their franchise because if a few of these movies bomb than it will put future franchises in jeopardy, besides whoever Robbie chooses will have to pass Ben Affleck too, because he will have to work with them aswell. I doubt she is that shallow to want to be front and centre because if she is that talented she would want to challenge herself to match it with the an A-list.. Her movie is more on the line than Batman, the Batman movie can do without an A-list but hers can't and the people above her will not want it to fail because there is a lot at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    Cool. I'm glad to see that Catwoman has a speaking role. Her new LEGO look is better than the one before. It is purple - which I kind of appreciate - but between herself, Batgirl, and the Joker there's a lot of purple going on. Still, I think its a cool new look for her LEGO character.

Lego Selina is ADORABLE Love seeing color re-introduced into the modern design. I thought she was holding up a martini glass for a sec on the cycle - Selina drinking a COSMO?!??

Margot Robbie may be one of the film's producers, but she's young and she doesn't have the experience and enough influence with the likes of Ben Affleck for instance. Most of the superhero movies have always used A-list actors mixed with new comers and good scripts to have a successful movie wether it's DC franchises or Marvel franchises they have always used that mix.. Movies who took short cuts to this fact have always failed e.g Catwoman movie had all talented A-list actors but bad script/story which bombed or Superman Return had bad timing, (should have been done in the 80's) and the A list actor was Kevin Spacey and maybe James Marsden, they alone couldn't carry the movie.
    DCEU cannot make anymore mistakes with their franchise because if a few of these movies bomb than it will put future franchises in jeopardy, besides whoever Robbie chooses will have to pass Ben Affleck too, because he will have to work with them aswell. I doubt she is that shallow to want to be front and centre because if she is that talented she would want to challenge herself to match it with the an A-list.. Her movie is more on the line than Batman, the Batman movie can do without an A-list but hers can't and the people above her will not want it to fail because there is a lot at stake.
    That's assuming Ben Affleck doesn't decide to bail on The Batman altogether. He already stepped down as director and now reports are out they tossed his script into the trashcan and are writing the movie from scratch.
    And they could just scrap the idea of a Batman movie altogether.

I'm still hoping for Gugu Mbatha-Raw for Selina. She's got the acting chops, the look/vibe and seems to fit the age people want.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I'm still hoping for Gugu Mbatha-Raw for Selina. She's got the acting chops, the look/vibe and seems to fit the age people want.
    My theory is they are going Caucasian for Selina because of how poorly Halle Berry's Catwoman was received as compared to Michelle Pfeiffer's, Anne Hathaway's, and Camren Bicondova's Selina Kyles
    have been received. So any thoughts of an African-American or Asian-American Selina are just a pipe dream. The most that could be hoped for would be a pale skinned Hispanic actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    My theory is they are going Caucasian for Selina because of how poorly Halle Berry's Catwoman was received as compared to Michelle Pfeiffer's, Anne Hathaway's, and Camren Bicondova's Selina Kyles
    have been received. So any thoughts of an African-American or Asian-American Selina are just a pipe dream. The most that could be hoped for would be a pale skinned Hispanic actress.
    Really? You are blaming the failure of that film on Halle Berry and her ethnicity? It was a bad script with a bad director. They could have had Michelle Pfeiffer as the lead in that film and under the name "Selina" and not "Patience" and it still would have been awful. Don't blame a movies failure on the actress and her ethnicity because Halle Berry is a good actress when she has a good script to work from.

Here to express my amusement on how once the Catwoman role is up for grabs, actresses come out of the wood work wanting to snatch it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Really? You are blaming the failure of that film on Halle Berry and her ethnicity? It was a bad script with a bad director. They could have had Michelle Pfeiffer as the lead in that film and under the name "Selina" and not "Patience" and it still would have been awful. Don't blame a movies failure on the actress and her ethnicity because Halle Berry is a good actress when she has a good script to work from.
    I'm not blaming the failure of the film for that. I'm saying that might be what the studio is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by LimeBright View Post
    Here to express my amusement on how once the Catwoman role is up for grabs, actresses come out of the wood work wanting to snatch it, lol.
    This is nothing as compared to when Catwoman was announced to be in Batman Returns. Sean Young made a lot of news with her crazy antics, but Valerie Harper was also another one that
    was making a lot of noise about wanting the role. And there was a lot of hate when Anne Hathaway was cast in The Dark Knight Rises, though I don't really recall a lot of actors vying for that role.
    Actually the first I even heard about Catwoman being in TDKR was when they cast Hathaway.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 02-12-2017 at 01:02 AM.

I'm not blaming the failure of the film for that. I'm saying that might be what the studio is thinking.
    Yeah but it's your theory about the studio picking a caucasian actress over any other one and not theirs. When in fact the studio did pick Zoe Kravitz to voice her in the Lego Batman movie, which kind of breaks your theory.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 02-12-2017 at 04:27 AM.

This is nothing as compared to when Catwoman was announced to be in Batman Returns. Sean Young made a lot of news with her crazy antics, but Valerie Harper was also another one that
    was making a lot of noise about wanting the role. And there was a lot of hate when Anne Hathaway was cast in The Dark Knight Rises, though I don't really recall a lot of actors vying for that role.
    Actually the first I even heard about Catwoman being in TDKR was when they cast Hathaway.
    From what I read back then, a couple of actresses tried out and auditioned, well known names too that escape me since it was so long ago. Yet Nolan chose Anne. They didn't make noise though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LimeBright View Post
    From what I read back then, a couple of actresses tried out and auditioned, well known names too that escape me since it was so long ago. Yet Nolan chose Anne. They didn't make noise though.
    I recall Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz, Rachel McAdams, and Keira Knightley being on the shortlist. At the time Anne was my last choice out of those actresses but I like how her Catwoman turned out. I wonder how those other ladies would've done.