Page 106 of 198 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2966
    Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    There's Black Canary too lol but while he may have a shy teenage boy mentality towards women he's still a dangerous person who tends to hold grudges. Cat shouldn't provoke this guy too much it didn't end well for Talia when she started bad mouthing him.
    Oh, as of the current Batman storyline, Bane is REALLY pissed at Catwoman. She broke his back when he was off Venom while pretending to help him break the Bat. Then she fooled him again, tied up his accomplices in a way that mocked his own method, and insulted him over the phone just to get him really mad. It was great! :-D

just came across a graham nolan and chuck dixon podcast. Nolan confirmed that catwoman will appear in some issues of bane: Conquest. Dixon said they needed a female character to flummox bane and that catwoman will serve that role.
    AWESOME! :-D I'm really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, given who we're talking about ...

This being comics, whether something looks stupid or not would probably depend a lot on the artist (and, obviously, personal taste) and the visual they're trying to go for. And I don't think it would be anymore of a leap for Selina then any of her classic costumes.
    Exactly. There is always something a little ridiculous or impractical, or unattractive, about all of Catwoman's costumes throughout her history; high heels, a dress & cape; a bullwhip as a primary weapon; goggles that shatter & obstruct her peripheral vision (and make her look like an insect or an alien; retractible claws (how does that work?)
    I hate seeing her in heavy work boots. They subtract from her feminine grace and beauty. Although her body was exaggerated heavily, Jim Balent's Catwoman had the nimble, lightweight look of a gymnast, ballerina, and sometimes a ninja (whom she was trained by). That's what I prefer.
    Catwoman was created to both add sex appeal to Batman comics, and to interest girls as well. That's what she needs to continue to be. If you ask most people out there, they'd likely tell you that they want to see Catwoman in heels. People want to believe that characters like Catwoman can do all these things in heels. Just like they want to believe that they can do all these things dressed in colorful spandex and long capes. It's a fantasy. And sometimes we as comic fanatics sometimes take these fantasies too seriously. It's best just to go with it.
    Last edited by Huntsman1117; 03-25-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    A big budget version of this would be nice.

Attachment 47075
    No.. please we don't need that. Adapt Darwyn Cooke's look and you have a good look for the screen. The photo above is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    Exactly. There is always something a little ridiculous or impractical, or unattractive, about all of Catwoman's costumes throughout her history; high heels, a dress & cape; a bullwhip as a primary weapon; goggles that shatter & obstruct her peripheral vision (and make her look like an insect or an alien; retractible claws (how does that work?)
    I hate seeing her in heavy work boots. They subtract from her feminine grace and beauty. Although her body was exaggerated heavily, Jim Balent's Catwoman had the nimble, lightweight look of a gymnast, ballerina, and sometimes a ninja (whom she was trained by). That's what I prefer.
    Catwoman was created to both add sex appeal to Batman comics, and to interest girls as well. That's what she needs to continue to be. If you ask most people out there, they'd likely tell you that they want to see Catwoman in heels. People want to believe that characters like Catwoman can do all these things in heels. Just like they want to believe that they can do all these things dressed in colorful spandex and long capes. It's a fantasy. And sometimes we as comic fanatics sometimes take these fantasies too seriously. It's best just to go with it.
    You are literally describing what a straight male reader would like their Catwoman to be. You do realize that a sexy female character doesn't make girls want to read comics, right? Look at the Batgirl comic that Stewart and Tarr did. That made so many girls /women interested in comics. As for some of the stuff, boots aren't heavy, they are more practical. If you think they are too loud, have you never heard stilettos? They are probably louder than boots. The skin tight suit is enough to keep the sex appeal without going overboard.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 03-26-2017 at 01:16 AM.

BANNED

Well if its any consolation the guy talking to Dixon and Nolan indirectly begged them to not mess it up. That person was openly critical of what Catwoman has been through in the last few years.
    I dont think the Cooke costume is going anywhere tbh, DC and the general crowd believe its sexy enough and also allows her to be taken seriously. Now the comics do need to change the nature and direction of her stories. Enough with serious and gritty crime and tragedy and torture and Black Mask. Focus on heists and adventure and light hearted stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    Oh, as of the current Batman storyline, Bane is REALLY pissed at Catwoman. She broke his back when he was off Venom while pretending to help him break the Bat. Then she fooled him again, tied up his accomplices in a way that mocked his own method, and insulted him over the phone just to get him really mad. It was great! :-D
    He isn't pissed at her imo, more at Batman. It was amusing I'll admit but I hope this doesn't make a trend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    No.. please we don't need that. Adapt Darwyn Cooke's look and you have a good look for the screen. The photo above is just bad.

You are literally describing what a straight male reader would like their Catwoman to be. You do realize that a sexy female character doesn't make girls want to read comics, right? Look at the Batgirl comic that Stewart and Tarr did. That made so many girls /women interested in comics. As for some of the stuff, boots aren't heavy, they are more practical. If you think they are too loud, have you never heard stilettos? They are probably louder than boots. The skin tight suit is enough to keep the sex appeal without going overboard.
    Except that sexy female characters do have a large female fanbase https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...e-turnout/amp/

And there's several female writers/artists in the industry who work on cheesecake books, so maybe don't lump an entire gender into a single mindset. If you'd look into the cosplay/fan art communities for comics and gaming you'd find that girls preferences are more varied than you think. Not every woman is a radical feminist who thinks fanservice is evil.

We've already seen the Darwyn Cooke suit in TDKR, let's see something new.

BANNED

Except that sexy female characters do have a large female fanbase https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...e-turnout/amp/

And there's several female writers/artists in the industry who work on cheesecake books, so maybe don't lump an entire gender into a single mindset. If you'd look into the cosplay/fan art communities for comics and gaming you'd find that girls preferences are more varied than you think. Not every woman is a radical feminist who thinks fanservice is evil.

TDKR suit was closer to Newmar suit, in any event it was nothing like Cooke suit.

BANNED

TDKR suit was closer to Newmar suit, in any event it was nothing like Cooke suit.
    Aside from the mask, they're pretty similar.

IMG_9387.JPG
    IMG_9388.jpg

BANNED

I have to admit that from my observations it is mostly the adult males who're more interested in covering her up and wanting her to be taken seriously.

BANNED

I have to admit that from my observations it is mostly the adult males who're more interested in covering her up and wanting her to be taken seriously.
    We're a strange species.

https://twitter.com/hackintimseeley/...95955292028928

That was a modern Julie Newmar look in TDKR. It wasn't the Cooke outfit, as it also had heels where his did not

As for the rest, it's just nice when a character is treated with some respect. Did I lump a group together? Possibly, but I also think that it'd be nice to try and balance things out a bit. Which is why I brought up Batgirl and how it brought several new people to comics who might not have read them. I hate seeing Catwoman on every cover with her cat suit zipped down to show cleavage. It makes no sense, as a cat burglar and doesn't even seem to be "in character". Especially when a catsuit is already a "sexy" thing.

BANNED

Aside from the mask, they're pretty similar.

IMG_9387.JPG
    IMG_9388.jpg
    The only similarity I see is colour. You do realize Selina wore black suits before Cooke right? In any event Newmar is the obvious influence not Cooke. Bale and Nolan are fans of that show and it does have a reputation for inspiration.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    That was a modern Julie Newmar look in TDKR. It wasn't the Cooke outfit, as it also had heels where his did not

As for the rest, it's just nice when a character is treated with some respect. Did I lump a group together? Possibly, but I also think that it'd be nice to try and balance things out a bit. Which is why I brought up Batgirl and how it brought several new people to comics who might not have read them. I hate seeing Catwoman on every cover with her cat suit zipped down to show cleavage. It makes no sense, as a cat burglar and doesn't even seem to be "in character". Especially when a catsuit is already a "sexy" thing.
    Burnside Batgirl wasn't actually that successful. I'm aware that the first trade was a NYT bestseller but after that, interest quickly faded. It was a flash in the pan. By January 2016 these were the single issue sales.

IMG_9389.jpg

I think Simone's Batgirl run had better long term success so that might have been a better example. Catwoman sold quite a bit better when she was allowed to be risqué and have over the top sexuality as opposed to being "safe" and toned down. So like it or not, that's the most healthy direction for the character. It's not disrespectful, they just want people to read the book.

The only similarity I see is colour. You do realize Selina wore black suits before Cooke right? In any event Newmar is the obvious influence not Cooke. Bale and Nolan are fans of that show and it does have a reputation for inspiration.
    Yeah. The thigh high boots/long gloves are ripped from the Tim Sale/Jim Balent Purple Catwoman look, the mask/ears from the Julie Newmar Batman 66 show, and the "goggles" from the Cooke look, though that's a stretch as they dont look anything like the ones in the comic. If you want to include the zipper showing, that is also a nod to the Cooke outfit.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 03-26-2017 at 02:29 AM.