Page 112 of 198 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2966

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think you can stretch the Batgirl's into surrogate daughters depending on the continuity or how you look at their relationships...

Though this does remind me that Selina is probably Bruce's most consistent and major love interest and yet she's hardly ever interacted with his biological son. Though I guess that could be awkward for Damian given the complicated relationship between his parents and Mom...
    Yes, I think that they should have some kind of scene with Damian and Selina. But if you think about it, since Cat was pushed so far to the background under Morrison and Scott, they didn't develop that relationship. The other writers writing tie-ins kinda did.

Again, it all depends on the writer. Selina had relationships with Dick and Jason and even Tim. But if the writers aren't really fans of the Catwoman character (my opinion), they are not going to develop that relationship because they are not going to see her as a crucial or important person close to the family.

So the question is, how much of a fan is Tom King of Damian Wayne?

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    I am a bit disappointed that we will get a batman and hallie quinn movie first.

in fact catwoman has not shown up in the DCAU and no the dark knight returns doesn't count. and we have had two movies focused on talia and her insanity. ....bummer.
    Yup! They sell her short in the DCAU. But consider the time period when a lot of the DCAU movies were coming out. She was as strong of a focus in the books so....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    No they haven't! Prior to that scene in the Catwoman's N52, I don't think even think they had sex. Maybe it was inferred around 2009 but pre-2005, those two did not have sex.

With that being said, I completely agree with you that Bruce wants a more stable life. That I do agree with. And there have been hints of that ever since the mid 70's comics.

Remember, he saw himself starting a family with Silver so this is been something that Bruce has been thinking about for a long time.
    Oh in grant morrisons run of batman, Him and Selina were banging in most of his oversea's trips. She would meet him in town and stay with him while in town and they banged XD. and On and off through out the years they would kiss and fade to black. Bruce and Her are weird like that man XD

BANNED

Yes, I think that they should have some kind of scene with Damian and Selina. But if you think about it, since Cat was pushed so far to the background under Morrison and Scott, they didn't develop that relationship. The other writers writing tie-ins kinda did.

Again, it all depends on the writer. Selina had relationships with Dick and Jason and even Tim. But if the writers aren't really fans of the Catwoman character (my opinion), they are not going to develop that relationship because they are not going to see her as a crucial or important person close to the family.

Selina has a soft spot for Jason and Dick as they were the first kids and she was around after Jason died the first time and saw how broken it made Bruce. Other than that she isn't big on the rest of kids. She thinks Damian is a bit of a brat but ignores him and Tim she barely acknowledges. She kinda Likes Barbara but only met her a few times. She adores Alfred tho XD

Selina and Damian's interactions are going to be amazing. Someone posted this in the other thread but you know Talia is gonna be going nuts at the thought of Selina being the stepmom to her son

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think, until Scott Snyder isn't writing something significant for Batman, we're just not going to see much interaction with Damian and any of the other Bat characters, except Nightwing. He just has too much power, and his stuff sells too much, so what he doesn't want to write isn't going to happen in the Batbooks till he's gone.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think, until Scott Snyder isn't writing something significant for Batman, we're just not going to see much interaction with Damian and any of the other Bat characters, except Nightwing. He just has too much power, and his stuff sells too much, so what he doesn't want to write isn't going to happen in the Batbooks till he's gone.
    Are you saying that Scott has the lock on Damian? LOL!

I guess, I mean. Eventually, if they go through this long term, like a long term engagement, eventually they will have to have some kind of talk about Damian and Selina. If they just keep Selina off to the side and her only interaction is with Bruce, then that would still kinda defeat the purpose.

Even if it's a "yes, but not now" answer, eventually, they are going to have to do it.

And nobody thinking about Talia, LOL! At this point, her "association" is really only with Damian, and even those are brief moments.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

That is, of course, if Selina says "Yes". Dan Didio said that he does not believe that super heroes should be happy and that they should not be in relationships. So I suspect Selina will either say "No", or the relationship will sadly fall apart pretty quickly.

But it will be really interesting and exciting if she says "Yes"! I love the idea of the situation between Selina, Damian, and Talia. That is juicy goodness with a large popcorn. MAN I can't wait for BATMAN #25!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    That is, of course, if Selina says "Yes". Dan Didio said that he does not believe that super heroes should be happy and that they should not be in relationships. So I suspect Selina will either say "No", or the relationship will sadly fall apart pretty quickly.

But it will be really interesting and exciting if she says "Yes"! I love the idea of the situation between Selina, Damian, and Talia. That is juicy goodness with a large popcorn. MAN I can't wait for BATMAN #25!
    Dan Didio may have said that, but given the response in certain 52 titles....he may have to change his tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post

Is still with DC Comics?

Also, all these other canon couples are together or have been together for decades; Superman and Lois, Diana and Steve, Barry and Iris, I mean why when it comes to Batman, he needs to be alone and unhappy?

Please....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    See, I don't count any of them as Bruce's actual kids besides Dick,Jason and Damian.
    Well, back in the good continuity, Tim and Cass were both legally adopted. With Tim's parents alive again though, Cass is the only one whose just as much Bruce's kid as the three you mentioned.

That aside, its kinda funny that this proposal is the big thing everyone is talking about, and I don't care about it in the slightest. This isn't exactly a "romance for the ages" in my eyes, and I'm pretty positive that even if Selina says yes, and the marriage actually happens, it won't stick for more than a couple years, at most.

What might get me interested is if she appeared in 'Tec as a result of this, since to my knowledge Selina doesn't have much/any experience with the team members, so that would be a whole new canister of interactions and dynamics which could be opened up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Well, back in the good continuity, Tim and Cass were both legally adopted. With Tim's parents alive again though, Cass is the only one whose just as much Bruce's kid as the three you mentioned.

That aside, its kinda funny that this proposal is the big thing everyone is talking about, and I don't care about it in the slightest. This isn't exactly a "romance for the ages" in my eyes, and I'm pretty positive that even if Selina says yes, and the marriage actually happens, it won't stick for more than a couple years, at most.
    Actually, I think it IS a romance for the ages...but more in the vein of Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? than Twelfth Night or even Taming of the Shrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

What might get me interested is if she appeared in 'Tec as a result of this, since to my knowledge Selina doesn't have much/any experience with the team members, so that would be a whole new canister of interactions and dynamics which could be opened up.
    If it wasn't a "romance for the ages" then nobody would be talking about it. This has gone mainstream media. Outside of DC Comic book readers, peeps don't even know Batman has a son.

So it's a big deal. People talking about 3 characters that are over 70 years old; Bat, Cat and the Amazon Princess.

BANNED

If it wasn't a "romance for the ages" then nobody would be talking about it. This has gone mainstream media. Outside of DC Comic book readers, peeps don't even know Batman has a son.

So it's a big deal. People talking about 3 characters that are over 70 years old; Bat, Cat and the Amazon Princess.
    It's subjective. From my perspective, Bruce and Selina's relationship has never been that engaging, and the relationship being mainstream doesn't change that at all. Also, mainstream audiences don't know Bruce has a "biological" son. Don't be like "The Button" and imply that Damian is anymore Bruce's kid than the others.

Extraordinary Member

Is still with DC Comics?

Also, all these other canon couples are together or have been together for decades; Superman and Lois, Diana and Steve, Barry and Iris, I mean why when it comes to Batman, he needs to be alone and unhappy?

Please....
    It's not just a thing that applies to Batman; Didio subscribes to the theory that allowing characters to show age risks hurting their marketability, and that marriage does that + removes the romantic conflict that often acts as a subplot to the main superhero adventures. A lot of the decrees and decisions behind the New 52 were aiming for recapturing a "classic" status quo, which should be read as "safe Silver Age-esque status quo where the superhero is stupendously single and sensually young to attract mainstream audiences." That's why Barry and Iris weren't dating, Diana and Steve had their separation emphasized, Superman and Lois had their marriage retconned and a third party introduced, and why Batwoman's marriage got nixed and why a clearly married Aquaman and Mera were suddenly insisted to not be married.

It's also probably one of the reasons why someone gave Judd Winick the okay to have Catwoman both lose her knowledge of Batman's identity while still ending his first issue with them shagging on a roof top. Making the attraction seem limited to a physical addiction removed a lot of the emotional character implications, and was an attempt to invoke the classic tensions while undermining the romantic buildup the previous decade had committed to. Just contrast the similar liaison to the one in King's Batman book, where the characters' knowledge of each others' identities and an emphasis on their emotional ties and similarities made the moment seem more emotionally intimate and a demonstration of trust.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Actually, I think it IS a romance for the ages...but more in the vein of Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? than Twelfth Night or even Taming of the Shrew.
    While "romance for the ages" may be a hyperbole, it is undeniable that BatCat is easily the most popular romantic angle for Batman in the mind of the mainstream audiences, and probably the most accepted and pushed one in the comics: Golden Age Batman and Catwoman officially got married, Bronze Age Catwoman had a serious relationship with Batman, and Loeb and Dini worked hard to add a similarly serious nature to Post Crisis continuity.

Though I think you've hit the nail on the head in regards to what element would have to remain in the relationship to make it seem natural for both characters; conflict and a certain tempestuous undercurrent. I mean, neither of these characters could *settle* down, what with him being the justice seeking crusader and her the thrill seeker. I honestly think if I were in charge, the best move would be to have them marry, but have the relationship be rocky enough that they constantly physically separate and reunite to avoid clawing each other; almost like they'd share Wayne Manor and the Penthouse as twin headquarters and "deploy" separately unless absolutely necessary.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP