Page 13 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

sorentino and Lemire on Catwoman would be amazing.

like only 1% of artists are doing what he does

Spectacular Member

I love catwoman, I like how she has a dark side to her. I'm not a fan or the unzipped suit because it distracts readers from her character. At least for me it does

SO EXCITED that Nocenti is leaving the title... finally. Her writing will be better suited for Klarion. The Jae Lee cover is just icing on the cake.

I'm excited for the series to get a revamp and a new direction -

Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Also, I'm loving the Monster Variant for #35 in October. Two of my favorite things: Catwoman + Halloween!

Last edited by CatBoy; 07-08-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    SO EXCITED that Nocenti is leaving the title... finally. Her writing will be better suited for Klarion. The Jae Lee cover is just icing on the cake.

definitely prefer her without the mask in his version than with it.

Ultimate Member

I'm still not sold on the "Selina as the Kingpin" idea. Wilson Fisk is a VERY bad guy who does horrible and despicable things on a daily basis as part of "doing business." You have to be willing to go there to be any kind of successful crime boss. Selina, on the other hand, works much better as a "shades of grey" character who can do amoral things, but is ultimately a good person underneath. Does she order the shops of people who refuse to pay protection money to be burned to the ground, or have them kneecapped? Does she blackmail, intimidate, or threaten people into supporting her? Does she order witnesses against her to be threatened or even killed, and so on? Because that's what a crime boss does. I'm not sure that they can reconcile those two ideas. I DO NOT want Selina as a full-on villain, period. But we'll see how it goes.

BANNED

I love Jae Lee's work but that is one homely cat! It looks like it ate one of her fingers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I love the animated series version of Selina. Adrienne Barbeau added so much personality and seductiveness with her sultry voice, and I always loved the way she was drawn outside of the costume. The blond hair, the big green eyes, the curves; I know it's just a cartoon, but damn she was gorgeous! However, I wasn't crazy about the changes to her for TNBA, in terms of her design. In fact, I didn't really like most of the design changes they did for that show. All of the female characters suffered the worst, going from looking like real women in BTAS to skinny little pixie sticks in TNBA.

After lots of rumors and denials, I was excited to eventually learn Selina would be in The Dark Knight Rises. Lookswise, I thought Anne Hathaway was great. The costume could have been a little better, but it wasn't bad, and there's no denying she looked incredible in it. I love her little cat-like strides in a few parts, and of course, straddling that Batpod through the streets of Gotham wasn't bad either. Hehe! I also liked the touch with her mask forming cat ears when pushed up onto her head. But, actingwise, I thought she gave only a mediocre performance, and didn't have much chemistry with Christian Bale. I also thought she was rather underwritten as well, too.

Michelle Pfeiffer remains my favorite live-action Catwoman. As mentioned above, I enjoyed her character arc, she had great chemistry with Michael Keaton (their dance scene is so much better than the one with Bale and Hathaway), and I thought she gave a really good performance. It's a long read, but here is a great article I found showing how the Batman Returns Selina relates to the source material.

She clearly made an impact as Catwoman, especially with us guys who were just impressionable young teenagers back in 1992. I think it goes without saying that for a whole generation, Michelle Pfeiffer is Catwoman.

As far as I'm concerned, Pfeiffer still owns the role. No one captured the very essence of that character like she did. It was perfect from head to toe. She's the reason why we even have a "Catwoman" comic today. She was so popular. The Returns Catwoman was actually pretty damn close to the comic book Catwoman, and was heavily inspired by "Her Sister's Keeper" which came out just a few years prior...

"From Comic to Pfeiffer's Cat"

http://www.batman-online.com/feature....fTZbg4lt.dpbs

Spectacular Member

I love the first image! I wish that artist was book's main artist. They really need to overhaul and streamline Catwoman's costume already. This would be the perfect time to do so.

I heard this was the page to go to if you wanted to see that Jae Lee Catwoman cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklefist View Post
    I heard this was the page to go to if you wanted to see that Jae Lee Catwoman cover.
    hahah do I detect a hint of shade?

By the way here is the Catwoman "Selfie" variant by Stephane Roux...

It's okay but why couldn't Adam Hughes do it?
    Last edited by CatBoy; 07-10-2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: meow.

BANNED

The selfie cover is cute. I only buy variant covers for Catwoman, so DC's been getting extra money from me lately (June, next month, then October for the Monster variant).

BANNED

What should DC do to celebrate Catwoman's 75th anniversary next year? I am hoping for a 75th Anniversary hardcover anthology. Batman's getting one this month and Joker is getting one soon (even though his 75th isn't until next year). Catwoman is the most iconic female Bat character and Batvillainess and certainly deserves a collection of her own.

I am also hoping for a relaunched ongoing (new number one) with an A-list creative team and hopefully a redesigned costume.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    What should DC do to celebrate Catwoman's 75th anniversary next year? I am hoping for a 75th Anniversary hardcover anthology. Batman's getting one this month and Joker is getting one soon (even though his 75th isn't until next year). Catwoman is the most iconic female Bat character and Batvillainess and certainly deserves a collection of her own.

I am also hoping for a relaunched ongoing (new number one) with an A-list creative team and hopefully a redesigned costume.
    New costume, new writers, relaunch.

I really like this one: