Page 132 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2966
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    So Tom King confirms that in Issue #32, we will learn Selina's answer. He said in this Podcast interview that the proposal had been planned for a year and he didn't think that DC Comics would let him do it. In fact, he thought that they would yank it at the last minute.

Sounds like her answer, Metal, the Doomsday event is all leading up to an event that is happening 1 1/2 years from now.

Here is the link to the podcast interview: It's the Word Balloon Comic podcast

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/4/f/3/4f33...a5ffbf8e1de205
    Oooh. That's in October, earlier than I expected. Though they keep putting interlude issues into War of Jokes and Riddles. So I'm betting that November is still on the table.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    If selina does say yes does anyone think we'll ever see a version of Helena wayne in the main continuity?
    I don't think so. I personally don't think that they would have children, just my guess.

I don't think so. I personally don't think that they would have children, just my guess.
    They've both had kids before...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Is Helena Kyle canon post Rebirth?

Feels like a loose end they would get rid of.

I know, but they are pushing 40 now. I just don't see it, LOL! But who knows, if they could somehow connect it.

But at this point, we just have to see what even happens with Catwoman period with the upcoming Metal arc. Until we find out what the deal is in Issue 32, all this stuff that's happening now with her, BOP, whatever it is she does with Bane, it's all teasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Is Helena Kyle canon post Rebirth?

Feels like a loose end they would get rid of.
    I don't think so

I know, but they are pushing 40 now..
    Are they though? Where's this idea that they're 40? Selina has been depicted as at least 8-10 years younger than Bruce, since someone broke it down Tumblr.

She's at worst in her early 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by LimeBright View Post
    Are they though? Where's this idea that they're 40? Selina has been depicted as at least 8-10 years younger than Bruce, since someone broke it down Tumblr.

She's at worst in her early 30s.
    I don't think Selina was ever that much younger than Bruce. I don't know where that extreme gap came in. But they used to be closer in age.

And if Selina at worst is early 30's then that would make Bruce pushing 40 if we use your answer.

I know, but they are pushing 40 now. I just don't see it, LOL! But who knows, if they could somehow connect it.

But at this point, we just have to see what even happens with Catwoman period with the upcoming Metal arc. Until we find out what the deal is in Issue 32, all this stuff that's happening now with her, BOP, whatever it is she does with Bane, it's all teasers.
    Don't forget that in Rebirth, we have confirmation that everyone is 10 years too young.

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I take it you're not crazy about the Burnside Batgirl design or Medusa, Queen of the Inhumans, outfit either ?
    Not to mention The Huntress and Batman and Spoiler all wear purple. The inner lining of Batman's cape is now purple.

A body sock? Okay. Seems like it wouldn't fit with the current design of the Batfamily. Also seems a bit too much like Talia's outfit.
    Every super hero wears a body sock. It's not unusual. And if any super hero should wear something skin-tight and light-weight, it should be a sensuous female feline.

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    No. I get where you're going but no. Selina needs a total overhaul and something eye-popping. She needs a complete makeover. She doesn't stand out on the shelf. The character isn't marketable. Image is a big part of comic books. The Cooke design has killed her appeal. It's stale now. The costume should go back to basics and be streamlined. It never made sense. The aviator cap just happened to have ears? The goggles going around the head always looks cumbersome and redundant. She hardly uses them for technical thievery. Then they just ended up trying to sexualize this unsexy costume. Just be done with it and bring back something like the 90s one. It doesn't have to be purple, but go back to the basic, iconic design.
    I agree. She needs an exciting complete makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Then what are you calling "angsty crap"? Valentine's run? Dini's work on the character?

Also you might not have been around during that time, but Brubaker's run was very highly regarded even while it was being printed. It's literally her character-defining run. I'm not sure why you bring up sales as some kind of argument, when numbers don't count for quality at all. Vision was one of the best cape comics written in the past decade and it sold like complete garbage. EVEN then, 90s Catwoman didn't sell incredibly either. You don't seem to accounting for the fact that comics sales in general were better in the 90s than the early 2000s. Also, listing Devin Grayson as an "excellent creator" doesn't do your argument any favors. Her run sucked, and Dixon's was mediocre. All Ostrander did was phone in a couple tie-ins. It was all made worse by the fact it was drawn almost entirely by Jim Balent, whose overtly 90s art does not stand up to the test of time.

90s Catwoman was one-note and a product of the time. There's no need to go back to that like it was some kind of creative golden age for the character, because it wasn't. It lacked any kind of ambition and not much really happened with Selina as a character even after like 100 issues, and nobody cared when Brubaker threw all that away because, well, there wasn't much TO throw away besides the bright purple boobsock outfit.
    In the 90's, Catwoman outsold many of her peers including Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Birds of Prey and issues of the comic could be found anywere that sold magazines - even grocery stores. That is, until she ran for mayor of NY, cut her hair, and added whiskers & a tail to her monochromatic costume. It was all downhill from there. Brubaker's Catwoman - while excellently written - did not compete well in sells with peers, and steadily dropped off the top 100 comics charts.
    That has to mean something was unappealing to the 2000's Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    I agree. She needs an exciting complete makeover.
    Like what though? I mean I new color maybe?

By nature of her character, she is a thief OR at least a person who can break in and out of places, LOL. It's needs to be dark and sleek and flexible enough where she can move freely.

I think with the way superheroes are so physical now, a dress wouldn't work. So what do people suggest?

They're not going to change the costume. It's very popular . . . at least outside this thread.