Page 14 of 198 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I would really like to see Jim Balent's take on the Darwyn Cooke costume.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    What should DC do to celebrate Catwoman's 75th anniversary next year? I am hoping for a 75th Anniversary hardcover anthology. Batman's getting one this month and Joker is getting one soon (even though his 75th isn't until next year). Catwoman is the most iconic female Bat character and Batvillainess and certainly deserves a collection of her own.
    Finally releasing some trades of Catwoman's first series, from the '90s, would be nice.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Finally releasing some trades of Catwoman's first series, from the '90s, would be nice.
    Agreed. DC seems loathe to reprint anything pre-52 these days, though. Last year I pre-ordered a solicited Impulse TPB by Mark Waid but they cancelled it!

BANNED

Agreed. DC seems loathe to reprint anything pre-52 these days, though. Last year I pre-ordered a solicited Impulse TPB by Mark Waid but they cancelled it!
    They're releasing her 90's series slowly but surely online.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    They're releasing her 90's series slowly but surely online.
    I own every issue in print (I've been collecting comics on a monthly basis when it first came out 21 years ago), but I would love to have some nice trade paperbacks. But it's great that the 90s series is available for those who want to read it digitally. Hopefully DC will do the same for Peter David's Young Justice and Supergirl.

Yeah, for those who want it digitally, it's great that it's available that way.

I didn't think my LCS had any, because there were none in the regular back issues. But last week I stumbled across a bunch of issues in a $1 box, so I plan to start picking them up.
    My Blog | Tumblr

BANNED

Gotham trailer. We see a little more Selina at the end.

BANNED

Agreed. DC seems loathe to reprint anything pre-52 these days, though.
    Not quite true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    True to some extent, but they are very clearly ignoring the 90s.

Spectacular Member

True to some extent, but they are very clearly ignoring the 90s.
    Pity, too. I've always been a huge fan of 90s Bat-comics. They gave us some of the finest explorations of character depth - especially in the villains. And pound for pound, I think that the 90s gave us more funny Joker stories than any other decade.

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Pfeiffer still owns the role. No one captured the very essence of that character like she did. It was perfect from head to toe. She's the reason why we even have a "Catwoman" comic today. She was so popular. The Returns Catwoman was actually pretty damn close to the comic book Catwoman, and was heavily inspired by "Her Sister's Keeper" which came out just a few years prior...

"From Comic to Pfeiffer's Cat"

http://www.batman-online.com/feature....fTZbg4lt.dpbs
    I agree. I just wish we had the quality of super hero films back then, that we do today. I would like to see young Pfeiffer as Catwoman now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I agree. I just wish we had the quality of super hero films back then, that we do today. I would like to see young Pfeiffer as Catwoman now.
    The Tim Burton movies are high quality (and IMO superior to the Nolan ones). I love any movie that uses practical effects as opposed to CGI.

Ultimate Member

Except that Gotham looked too much like a set (especially in Returns), the plots were nonsensical and full of holes, Batman was a sociopathic mass-murderer, the Penguin and Catwoman were characterized poorly, although DeVito and Pfeiffer's performances were excellent, Burton was so obsessed with the villains that he forgot about the guy who's name is in THE TITLE, and it was "style over substance," like a lot of Burton's work. Batman 89 is still enjoyable despite this, but I really don't like Returns. Frankly, Batman Forever was more of a Batman movie than either of the Burton films.

The Tim Burton movies are high quality (and IMO superior to the Nolan ones).
    Always nice to see someone who's not afraid to say that. They are still my favorites as well and the only (live-action) Bat-films I own.
    My Blog | Tumblr

The Tim Burton movies are high quality (and IMO superior to the Nolan ones). I love any movie that uses practical effects as opposed to CGI.
    What? Nolan's films barely have any CGI in them. Can't say the same about Burton's work today now that he has access to technology and effects that he didn't before (Did you see Alice in Wonderland?)

I don't mind Burton's ambiance in those films along with most of the performances, but there are a plethora of problems narrative wise. Especially in Returns. And one issue in particular that isn't true to the spirit of the character of Batman at all. I don't mind certain liberties being taken in any rendition of a story, but some things shouldn't be changed with iconic characters.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 07-18-2014 at 02:16 AM.