Page 16 of 198 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

So I've never really read much of Catwoman, but have always liked her as a concept. But I picked up the recent reprints of Brubaker's run and damn, do I love Selina. I know some people dislike Brubaker's for making her more of a heroine, but I think he gave her a great voice, supporting cast, and really explored her moral shades of grey and her place in Gotham. So now I want to read more Selina! Do you guys have any suggestions for more great Catwoman stories? I've heard Pfeifer's run was good, but I'd like to hear some opinions before I spend any dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    So I've never really read much of Catwoman, but have always liked her as a concept. But I picked up the recent reprints of Brubaker's run and damn, do I love Selina. I know some people dislike Brubaker's for making her more of a heroine, but I think he gave her a great voice, supporting cast, and really explored her moral shades of grey and her place in Gotham. So now I want to read more Selina! Do you guys have any suggestions for more great Catwoman stories? I've heard Pfeifer's run was good, but I'd like to hear some opinions before I spend any dough.
    If you haven't, try Selina's Big Score by Darwyn Cooke.

I haven't read most of Pfieffer's run but it's generally well received and it had a great art style.

IIRC, two very controversial moments in Catwoman's history takes place during Pfieffer's run.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

New catwoman inks from Garry Brown https://twitter.com/GarryBoom/media

BANNED

It would be nice if they allowed Selina to grow her hair out. So sick of the short hair!

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    It would be nice if they allowed Selina to grow her hair out. So sick of the short hair!
    I've never minded the short hair, but I do miss the long dark locks she had during the Jim Balent days.

And speaking of Selina with long hair, which story does she appear like this in? I love it!!

My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

BANNED

Looks like Tim Sale's art from Catwoman: When in Rome.

Mighty Member

She does look good with long hair

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    New catwoman inks from Garry Brown https://twitter.com/GarryBoom/media

Yep, that's a get, right there.

Not too keen on the generic mafia suit but at least it's better than that stupid black leather getup she's been sporting these past few years. Also, he short hair hasn't look that good since Cooke last drew her.

On the topic of Catwoman, that Garry Brown stuff is looking pretty damned good.
    Last edited by Ticklefist; 08-12-2014 at 09:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    She does look good with long hair
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    Not too keen on the generic mafia suit but at least it's better than that stupid black leather getup she's been sporting these past few years. Also, he short hair hasn't look that good since Cooke last drew her.
    Catwoman needs a makeover. And yes to the long hair. Sorry, but she looks terrible in these panels. Like a wet cat.
    Last edited by chipsnopotatoes; 08-13-2014 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I've never minded the short hair, but I do miss the long dark locks she had during the Jim Balent days.
    And speaking of Selina with long hair, which story does she appear like this in? I love it!!
    Here's this image by Tim Sale from When In Rome in glorious, digital hi-def:
    Carwoman.When.In.Rome.TPB.p012-Tim.Sale.jpg 1920x2951
    http://s30.postimg.org/6fepd8m73/Car...2_Tim_Sale.jpg

BANNED

I sure hope When in Rome gets an Absolute Edition. The Long Halloween and Dark Victory have Absolute editions, and I think even Haunted Knight got one. Come onnnnnnn, Catwoman!!!

Ultimate Member

I prefer her with short hair. It makes her stand out more, it looks really good on her, and I just like women with short hair in general. We have enough female CBM's with long hair already, it's generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I prefer her with short hair. It makes her stand out more, it looks really good on her, and I just like women with short hair in general. We have enough female CBM's with long hair already, it's generic.
    Short hair can be a good look but Selina's wild and wavy hair fir her free-spirited personality more and that's why I like it.