Page 161 of 198 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2966

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    Yes - it couldn't be a permanent takeover. I agree that Selina would not give up Catwoman - Catwoman isn't what Selina does but who she is. But the story could be an opportunity for the reset of secret identities enough to break the public link between Selina Kyle and Catwoman; enough to protect Bruce and Selina from compromising their identifies with the engagement, and in a way that would make them anxious to stop Holly/protect Holly/help Holly? in a very confusing storyline (Batman wanting to stop criminal/revenge behavioru, Selina wanting to recover control over "Catwoman".) Selina as Catwoman could be active throughout the entire thing - but with the public thinking she's some other person.

There is no need for Holly to reveal her own identity, she would just need to prove that at that moment "Catwoman" is NOT Selina Kyle.

It would also allow Batman and Catwoman to be caught in compromising situations in the future without the "Selina Kyle with Batman! That must be Bruce!" because "Catwoman" would be back to an unknown.

I'm not dead set on anything and look forward to what the writers comes up with. I've dealt with 20 or so years of a back story I find unpalatable, so that I'm much less precious about storylines now. There will be years and years of more stories - this one doesn't have to be perfect to be enjoyable.
    Yes, I also sent you a PM

I think it would be funny if the new Catwoman was an inmate from Arkham Asylum who actually thought she was a cat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think it would be funny if the new Catwoman was an inmate from Arkham Asylum who actually thought she was a cat lol
    Now you on to something. I think a good story would be an inmate from Arkham that is doing villainous things in the name of Catwoman and then Selina or more importantly Batman, has to bring her down. Could have a standoff with Bad Cat and Good Cat in the public square and see the Good Cat do something like save somebody's life that Bad Cat has hanging in the balance. If the public sees Good Cat, then maybe they can lay off of "well who is Catwoman" and then just go back to normal.

this makes sense in my head, trust me.

Spectacular Member

Anyone see the image from #39 that King linked in his twitter? With Batman with the sword and armour and Selina “You look ridiculous”? Would this be a thread we can talk about it in? I have some theories.

Also, Joelle draws a very pretty Selina. She doesn’t really look like catwoman in her gear - she still looks like Selina, but she looks lovely and relatable. A little on the young side, but then Selina still sees herself as young (call back to #37). . I think I like Janin (?) for a more mature and elegantly beautiful Selina, but Joelle captures a youthful happy Selina which is nice to see (so far). I’ve re-read the #36 and #37 today and do really like Clay’s(?) Catwoman, even when she’s being seductive. Normally I do not like the cleavage shots but in that cave scene I felt she was trying to provoke Bruce into talking to her, or if she feels that he might be ashamed of her she wasn’t going to hide her extreme sides from or for him, but that she would understand all the same. I noticed that twice in this issue she asked whether it was because it was her that he wouldn’t tell Clark (first because he coudln’t trust her with their identities, second because he might be ashamed of her).

I loved the catlike way Clay (or is it Mann? I don’t have the issue in front of me right this second) portrays catwoman. She plays when bored (handstand), she shows her curiosity in her body movement (like cocking her head and torso when looking down the elevator shaft, and moving back and forth behind Batman on the page where they all get out of the elevators at the same time), when she wants something she gets tactile and distracting (like getting in Bruce’s chair), and that justifies as well the on-all-fours positions at times it’s more catlike-stalking and less ... provocative (the ones when they are on the building I mean, not the one in the cave - that one for sure is meant to also be provocative). Not a fan of his Selina, but on repeated readings it has grown on me.

Anyway, that went on a tangent. Is this a good place for theories on #39 based on that Joelle page?

All-New Member

Anyone see the image from #39 that King linked in his twitter? With Batman with the sword and armour and Selina “You look ridiculous”?
    This one? The Wonder Woman issue:

DRWfNG1XUAAj5ra.jpg

Anyone see the image from #39 that King linked in his twitter? With Batman with the sword and armour and Selina “You look ridiculous”? Would this be a thread we can talk about it in? I have some theories.

Also, Joelle draws a very pretty Selina. She doesn’t really look like catwoman in her gear - she still looks like Selina, but she looks lovely and relatable. A little on the young side, but then Selina still sees herself as young (call back to #37). . I think I like Janin (?) for a more mature and elegantly beautiful Selina, but Joelle captures a youthful happy Selina which is nice to see (so far). I’ve re-read the #36 and #37 today and do really like Clay’s(?) Catwoman, even when she’s being seductive. Normally I do not like the cleavage shots but in that cave scene I felt she was trying to provoke Bruce into talking to her, or if she feels that he might be ashamed of her she wasn’t going to hide her extreme sides from or for him, but that she would understand all the same. I noticed that twice in this issue she asked whether it was because it was her that he wouldn’t tell Clark (first because he coudln’t trust her with their identities, second because he might be ashamed of her).

I loved the catlike way Clay (or is it Mann? I don’t have the issue in front of me right this second) portrays catwoman. She plays when bored (handstand), she shows her curiosity in her body movement (like cocking her head and torso when looking down the elevator shaft, and moving back and forth behind Batman on the page where they all get out of the elevators at the same time), when she wants something she gets tactile and distracting (like getting in Bruce’s chair), and that justifies as well the on-all-fours positions at times it’s more catlike-stalking and less ... provocative (the ones when they are on the building I mean, not the one in the cave - that one for sure is meant to also be provocative). Not a fan of his Selina, but on repeated readings it has grown on me.

Anyway, that went on a tangent. Is this a good place for theories on #39 based on that Joelle page?
    Yes, you can talk about your Catwoman theories here if you like. This is an appreciation thread for her and the Selina Kyle character so feel free to post your theories, pics or videos of her.

With that being said, what is your theory?

Cute review of Batman #37

Lois Lane and Catwoman Just Became Our New Favorite Dynamic Duo
    https://www.cbr.com/lois-lane-catwom...t-dynamic-duo/

Quote Originally Posted by nutmeg View Post
    This one? The Wonder Woman issue:

DRWfNG1XUAAj5ra.jpg
    I cannot wait! It looks like it's gonna be another really fun issue!

I wanna hear your theories too K Nikk.

Spectacular Member

DRk3OoBUQAAg-jA.jpg by ultimate_mororo

Spectacular Member

oh no. I set up too high an expectation for my theory. It's very minor. The page gives the impression of someone wearing something he has been forced to wear - not his own choice. This is the wonder woman mini-arc, so could she have called on him for something ceremonial and instructed him on the kind of attire. Since this is armor maybe there is a formal fighting/combat element but not a "to the death" or anything, more like either tournament or... something at least where Selina doesn't look to concerned for his safety. Ok, so something ceremonial with Wonder Woman, where it's swords and armor based - meeting with the gods? With the Amazons? I doubt it's something where someone needs to be beaten otherwise she would do it herself, or if she NEEDED a fighting partner she would have chosen Superman, so it's something that needs to be solved perhaps. And Batman has to be "accepted" in order to assist (thus the armor and sword)...

Are the various books tied together at all? I checked what was happening in Wonder Woman, but really there was no sign of the events of 36, 37 in Superman so I doubt what is happening in Wonder Woman would come to bare (bear?).

I'm actually a little nervous that Batman comic seems to not get referenced at ALL in the other comics, and Catwoman hasn't come up at all in Metal even though a wide range of characters have. Is there an explanation for this? Should we be worried? Does Snyder not like Catwoman, so just isn't using her (beyond a dead Catwoman in one panel, and reference I assume to "Sylvester"). Talia is back to calling Batman 'Beloved'...

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    DRk3OoBUQAAg-jA.jpg by ultimate_mororo
    This was one of the cutest things I saw on Twitter last week! I wanted to bring it over here so I am glad that somebody else did

Are the various books tied together at all? I checked what was happening in Wonder Woman, but really there was no sign of the events of 36, 37 in Superman so I doubt what is happening in Wonder Woman would come to bare (bear?).
    The Superfriends arc deals with BOTH Superman's and Wondey's reaction to Bruce's engagement. So their particular issues have no bearing on each other. Superman gave his reactions in 36/37. Now in 39/40, we will get Wonder Woman's reactions. You won't find out what it's about until you get the solicitations or when King starts to drops spoilers on his Twitter like he often does.

I'm actually a little nervous that Batman comic seems to not get referenced at ALL in the other comics, and Catwoman hasn't come up at all in Metal even though a wide range of characters have. Is there an explanation for this? Should we be worried? .
    And this is the number #1 reason why I am not so convinced that they are getting married. You are absolutely correct, Batman's engagement has not been really referenced at all outside of the Batman title. I mean, Batman is their #1 seller and he pops up in darn near every book AND the couple is iconic so I thought it would had made some references in other books by now. So this leads me to believe that either DC Comics is not really taking this seriously or that they are just letting it happen in this line. I did expect for some kind of reference to be made in at least Tec by now. BUT then again, Tim being back hasn't been referenced in the Batman title either.

So I don't know, we will just have to wait and see. But perhaps later on it will. Just enjoy it while you can and remember what's happening in the Batman title is canon.

Spectacular Member

How do people think Wonder Woman will react to the engagement? I'm not too familiar with Catwoman and Diana interactions (there is a one shot where Wonder Woman recruits catwoman and Harley? To clean up crime in gotham - it was just a one shot/non-canon though I think.

She's supposed to be about compassion which would suggest she would be supportive or understanding but she also seems quite morally upright, so not sure if she could condone Selina being a wanted criminal. I don't know her well enough, she seems very mission oriented so I wonder if it would be a mix of understanding/compassion and concern over the risk in making a connection between Bruce and Batman. Or would it be an issue for her that Selina is on the lam essentially and Batman not turning her in will be a problem (she may suggest that Selina be turned in while they try to clear her name. Is she a trust in the system kind of person?).. Anyone know the character better and have a guess?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    And this is the number #1 reason why I am not so convinced that they are getting married. You are absolutely correct, Batman's engagement has not been really referenced at all outside of the Batman title. I mean, Batman is their #1 seller and he pops up in darn near every book AND the couple is iconic so I thought it would had made some references in other books by now. So this leads me to believe that either DC Comics is not really taking this seriously or that they are just letting it happen in this line. I did expect for some kind of reference to be made in at least Tec by now. BUT then again, Tim being back hasn't been referenced in the Batman title either.

So I don't know, we will just have to wait and see. But perhaps later on it will. Just enjoy it while you can and remember what's happening in the Batman title is canon.
    When the original date for the final Metal issue was Valentine's Day, I wondered if it would link up there. But I think that has shifted now. Part of me thinks they are letting Tom clarify the situation so avoiding her until he finishes his arc - which makes sense too. They're trying to avoiding tipping their hand to hint how things work out but of course the lack of mentions also feels like tipping hand. Joker says in the start of metal about killing the robins and reigniting the old romance/flame. I figured he was talking about the Batman/Joker dynamic but also it gave me an uneasy feeling if he had manipulated the Bruce/Selina situation (though I don't see how).

I don't know how the people at DC feel about Catwoman. If there are any fans of her older origins (when she was more impressive; when her connection with Batman was more about equals and mutual respect/admiration than about damaged people who's broken edges fit together) - fans of the former could see a healthy relationship, fans of the later might see a dramatic roller coaster. That being said maybe dramatic roller coaster has more legs story wise. King said that marriages tend to get avoided because it fells like a happy ending and that reduces conflicts for the characters but for Batman, being happy itself is a new source of conflict because that is not a natural state -maybe that means not to worry that marriage for him would stagnate storylines but create new ones (his statement paraphrased from memory), so maybe that would make DC more ok to let it work... Or Tom King is writing a bunch of feel good moments so we can come back to them in the future and "at least have these moments" -things are going too smoothly and we are only very lightly touching on Selina's thought about this.

I really want to see her having more interactions with bat-family. Really happy she was included in the new talent showcase. A part of me wants this marriage to go through just to see more of those interactions. Does anyone know the issue where Nighteing (I think) comes to ask Selina for help but at first she thinks he wants to help her and she tells him "someday you'll have to tell me what goes on in that good guy head of yours" and something about him seeing protecting her as protecting "Daddy's girlfriend", and he answers "well he's not my dad but..." Implying that he does look out for her because of her connection to the family . I really want to see more interactions with these two and hoping eventually other writers can explore it once she's more firmly in the family unit.