Page 165 of 198 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2966

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Probably stole them and decided to wear them for a while instead of stashing them in her loot bag.
    For shame! LOL!

Although, I have seen on a number of occasions, both in the books and in some mainstream, sometimes when she is with Bruce, she has pearls! Like at the end of TDKR, she is wearing some nice ones. I wonder in those instances, Bruce just gives her a set of pearls?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    Selina is wearing pearls there. Just a stylistic choice or....? hmm...
    Didn't she wear pearls in that Adam Hughes illustration from a few years back? You know, the one with some of the most prominent DC ladies all dressed up?

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    For shame! LOL!

Although, I have seen on a number of occasions, both in the books and in some mainstream, sometimes when she is with Bruce, she has pearls! Like at the end of TDKR, she is wearing some nice ones. I wonder in those instances, Bruce just gives her a set of pearls?
    In the movie The Dark Knight Rises it was pearls that Selina Kyle stole from Bruce Wayne toward the beginning of the movie when they first met.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    In the movie The Dark Knight Rises it was pearls that Selina Kyle stole from Bruce Wayne toward the beginning of the movie when they first met.

I didn't much like their chemistry in this movie, but that WAS a nice scene.

I felt for sure that Selina wearing them at the end was because he chose to give them to her (that had been my memory) but I couldn't remember when he got them back after she stole them. Doing a bit of research it turns out that the pearls are actually a bigger plot point than I realized (or atleast, theorized plot point). He gets them back at the gala later on, and then at the end of the movie during the will reading there is a comment about a lost pearl necklace. And apparently there is a comment earlier that there is a tracker in the necklace that he mentions TO Alfred "she took the pearls, tracking device and all". So Bruce takes the necklace with him when he knows he might not come back, he gives it to Selina (which is itself a big deal), but it could also be the signal to Alfred that he is alive and how to find him when it turns up as missing in the manifest (we have her trace on the necklace). In the scene where they are talking about the trace Alfred even says "fascinating. You two should exchange notes over coffee" to which Bruce replies "so now you're trying to set me up with a jewel thief". And then Alfred talks about his yearly vacation to a café in Florence... so I guess he might not have traced them after all, still a cool theory.

Anyways - pearl necklaces are a batman thing - but in this universe (if the annual is a part of it) he only has the one pearl left, but she is wearing a necklace. May just be the artists aesthetic decision but it is a time travel arc, so not out of the question that there could be more meaning to it. Fun to think about anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannom View Post
    Didn't she wear pearls in that Adam Hughes illustration from a few years back? You know, the one with some of the most prominent DC ladies all dressed up?
    Surprisingly, no:

Screenshot_20180223-020029.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Might as well add this everywhere, yeah?
    Li'l Gotham collected edition cover by Dustin Nguyen:

dbac4cde-22c6-4873-8700-0aac7e3085f1.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

So are there going to be new stories in Lil Gotham for this edition?

Also, did Bruce and Selina break up in Lil Gotham? I feel like I didn't see them together anymore after their trip. I know he took Damian to see his Mom and Grandfather but what happened with him and Selina?

So are there going to be new stories in Lil Gotham for this edition?
    As far as I'm aware, no. This is just an omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    I didn't much like their chemistry in this movie, but that WAS a nice scene.

I felt for sure that Selina wearing them at the end was because he chose to give them to her (that had been my memory) but I couldn't remember when he got them back after she stole them. Doing a bit of research it turns out that the pearls are actually a bigger plot point than I realized (or atleast, theorized plot point). He gets them back at the gala later on, and then at the end of the movie during the will reading there is a comment about a lost pearl necklace. And apparently there is a comment earlier that there is a tracker in the necklace that he mentions TO Alfred "she took the pearls, tracking device and all". So Bruce takes the necklace with him when he knows he might not come back, he gives it to Selina (which is itself a big deal), but it could also be the signal to Alfred that he is alive and how to find him when it turns up as missing in the manifest (we have her trace on the necklace). In the scene where they are talking about the trace Alfred even says "fascinating. You two should exchange notes over coffee" to which Bruce replies "so now you're trying to set me up with a jewel thief". And then Alfred talks about his yearly vacation to a café in Florence... so I guess he might not have traced them after all, still a cool theory.

Anyways - pearl necklaces are a batman thing - but in this universe (if the annual is a part of it) he only has the one pearl left, but she is wearing a necklace. May just be the artists aesthetic decision but it is a time travel arc, so not out of the question that there could be more meaning to it. Fun to think about anyway.

Maybe giving Selina pearls is symbolic of him coming full circle and the pearls not being a symbol of death anymore but as they once were for his Mother, a token of affection.

As far as I'm aware, no. This is just an omnibus.
    That's what I thought. But again did Bruce and Selina break up in Lil Gotham? Like around Issue #17? I feel like I didn't see them together anymore after their trip.

That's what I thought. But again did Bruce and Selina break up in Lil Gotham? Like around Issue #17? I feel like I didn't see them together anymore after their trip.
    I glanced through up through issue #20 and didn't catch anything about a breakup.

Selina’s so not a pearls woman. She’s more like Elizabeth Taylor. Bring on the gems.

I glanced through up through issue #20 and didn't catch anything about a breakup.
    I guess I have to re-read it again, I was confused because I felt like I didn't see them again together. And when Alfred was showing Damian the pictures, he didn't include Selina. So I guess I was just wondering. But that was also doing that time where Talia/Ra's were more present in various comics because of the introduction of Damian.

Spectacular Member

I guess I have to re-read it again, I was confused because I felt like I didn't see them again together. And when Alfred was showing Damian the pictures, he didn't include Selina. So I guess I was just wondering. But that was also doing that time where Talia/Ra's were more present in various comics because of the introduction of Damian.
    She was shown in a photo delivering gifts with Batman to the orphanage in the album.

Who is in the car? Jason?