Page 169 of 198 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2966
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You might be right and she's even more notorious now that she's also a mass murderer. Everyone will be dying to know who she's wearing. Add that she has villains like Ivy [and possibly Harley] as part of her bridal party. Who doesn't want that kind of publicity and association.

You are right it's a special kind of endorsement.
    I get that you're being sarcastic and maybe trying to make fun of me? This is an appreciation thread, and i'm trying to see the positives. She doesn't always get the happiest or most respectful of stories.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I totally agree with you and have been clamoring for a Lois Lane series for years (which we might be about to get at least a mini series if rumors are true.) I would just hope writers wouldn't forget she is a whole character on her own without Batman/Bruce Wayne and still write her as such.
    I'm sure they will. Just now when they do have interactions it won't be the old song and dance. I would like to see her go more freelance though, and less neighbourhood protector. I kind of like this thread about testing others that was woven in the annual and also in the new talent spotlight (in the Jason and Duke story) - she tests them so that they'll get better - so that they'll live. I wonder how that could be dug in to. In fact, she had this even with training Holly and in past years with training others who come under her wing, although she has gone about it the wrong way because they weren't ready for the responsibility/danger (?). So maybe instead of training, it is TESTING these people who she wants to survive, that helps them either survive by getting better, or survive by realizing they are in over their head. The difference being that they learn by falling for her traps, or failing at a task, and they have to work it out themselves, and if they can't maybe it's not meant to be. I'm not wording this well, I'm sort of grasping at the concept a little. Catwoman was the best when she could have fun, and being able to set traps or get through traps as a way of testing others could allow her to be fun again in a similar way but with the end goal of the greater good. Like hackers going legit by being paid to reveal gaps in a system's protections.

I'm also wishing that Joelle Jones could write a golden age Catwoman comic, based on some of her golden age Catwoman drawings. Cat-themed crimes, fun and flirtatious banter. Those stories can't be done now with how cruel the comic world is (if she is distracting the police or batman, or others, then maybe someone else is getting away with something worse than stealing a few gems or artifacts. It becomes selfish at that point) but set as a period piece when comics were much lighter. Similar to the Batman 66 I guess in that it is a period piece, but in Joelle's golden age catwoman drawing aesthetic. Maybe a short little 6 issue mini.

Quote Originally Posted by K Nikk View Post
    I get that you're being sarcastic and maybe trying to make fun of me? This is an appreciation thread, and i'm trying to see the positives. She doesn't always get the happiest or most respectful of stories.
    Funny you think I'm been sarcastic when all I'm dong is agreeing and building on your point.
    If it sounds suspect then maybe it's because the point was dubious to start with [personally I doubt anyone want's to be endorsed by a thief no matter how great her taste is ]
    I was merely trying to get into the spirit of this thread.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-13-2018 at 02:18 AM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

King teasing more upcoming Catwoman appearances:

She seems to be wearing something based on this outfit:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    King teasing more upcoming Catwoman appearances:

She seems to be wearing something based on this outfit:
    It's actually a scene from 256! They must be revisiting old memories.

BANNED

Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album hardcover solicited for September release

http://www.penguinrandomhouseretail....=9781401286538

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album hardcover solicited for September release

http://www.penguinrandomhouseretail....=9781401286538
    This is good news! This is very good news!!! It may happen! It may actually happen!

Mighty Member

I wish Catwoman would go back to wearing a purple costume and long hair.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I wish Catwoman would go back to wearing a purple costume and long hair.
    And bring back the green cape. If Batman can do acrobatic stuff and skulk around in the dark wearing a cape, so can Catwoman. Edna shouldn't be the one to dictate superhero fashions.

Hey all! Here is the link for the Catwoman inspiration bio for the Kickstarter campaign for the new Batman Gotham City Chronicles game....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2137614

Her design is based off the Tim Sale Catwoman

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    I admit Selina looks great in her wedding gown but I still feel this will not last. I always seen the bat/cat relationship exactly the same as the Lupin the 3rd/ Fujiko Mine dynamic flirting kissing some sexual activity but never going to the serious level because of their work and trust issues the same could be said for lupin and fujiko as well. They expect to betray each other not in a serious way but still expected the same goes for bat/cat. I wish they did a lupin/batman crossover with their respected off and on girlfriends who stabs their beaus in the back many times in fujiko and Selina. I think that is how most people see the relationship in a nutshell
    I don't think they expect that they will betray each other. If anything, she is one of the people he trusts the most. And she is in his inner circle. I mean, I get it, some fans may feel that way but I just don't think they have the severe trust issues that some Batman fans think. And I too am a Batman fan as well. I mean, he has had issues with all of his Robins and it still worked out.

But to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    You won't get anybody from this thread agreeing on or even understanding this perspective, this is a Catwoman thread for all fans but it's filled with individuals who all agree on the same thing at least with the direction the character is taking right now and is actually fine with her main purpose being a love interest ...whether that's b/c they're happy a writer is finally doing something of note with the character, actually believes a writer is giving her the storyline she "deserves" or both who knows.

To be honest all Batman characters have fans like this ...at least on this board, they all seemingly agree with each other on their fave and the direction they need to take, obviously you'll see differing perspectives every now and then but the only bat character whose fans have major dissenting opinions are Batman fans ...major being the keyword here.

So your posts are gonna seem like taking to a void and you may or may not be argued down like your opinion is wrong or not even necessary to voice.
    I think all Catwoman posts and opinions are posted here. The key word here is actually, "appreciation". If you are on an appreciation thread for ANY character, I would think there would be more posts that are appreciative of the character.

If Catwoman fans want to post that have a slightly different take on the character, then post! Discussions are always welcomed. There are plenty of fans that like her just as a thief, that like her not as a thief, that like her in the middle, etc.

I mean for some, they look at it as "Batman fell in love with a thief, but she's not evil and she helps him out". And most folks are cool with that. Been that way for decades. Bat and Cat isn't something that just started after 2014.

Fantastic Member

I enjoy bruce and selina both I not only oppose the marriage because even though they love each other one and the other would screw it up. But look at what happened when they were married on earth two both were sidelined. Heck the married Kal-l and Lois lane of that continuity had more adventures written about them than bruce or selina. Maybe that is why lois and clark works as a married couple even in the current rebirth continuity writers know how to write a married lois lane and superman than batman or catwoman. Some characters can be written well together Others can not. IF they had proven back in the day to write adventures of a married bruce and selina then I would have confidence in it. But they did not. They made him a police commisioner who only solved a couple of cases on panel on precrisis earth two and they showed less of selina until they decided to kill her in that reality. Maybe had they made them a mystery solving couple like those in the thin man movies or one of my favorite tv shows from the 80's about a rich crime solving married couple in hart to hart I might have confidence that they would write a good bruce and selina married life but I do not.

I enjoy bruce and selina both I not only oppose the marriage because even though they love each other one and the other would screw it up. But look at what happened when they were married on earth two both were sidelined. Heck the married Kal-l and Lois lane of that continuity had more adventures written about them than bruce or selina. Maybe that is why lois and clark works as a married couple even in the current rebirth continuity writers know how to write a married lois lane and superman than batman or catwoman. Some characters can be written well together Others can not. IF they had proven back in the day to write adventures of a married bruce and selina then I would have confidence in it. But they did not. They made him a police commisioner who only solved a couple of cases on panel on precrisis earth two and they showed less of selina until they decided to kill her in that reality. Maybe had they made them a mystery solving couple like those in the thin man movies or one of my favorite tv shows from the 80's about a rich crime solving married couple in hart to hart I might have confidence that they would write a good bruce and selina married life but I do not.
    As I recall the only purpose of the Earth 2 Bruce and Selina getting married was to introduce Helena Kyle and killing Selina was to give Helena a motivation. I don't think this time it is to introduce a new character
    that is their child, so you really can't compare the fate of this Selina to the fate of the Earth 2 Selina.

Earth 2 was decades ago and this relationship isn't being written the same writers. Also, the reason they got sidelined was due to Helena Wayne who doesn't exist in this universe.